“Biking through Northern Laos with Sabaidee travel” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Durham, North Carolina
3 attraction reviews
“Biking through Northern Laos with Sabaidee travel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2015

My daughter and I took an 8 day cycling tour with Sabaidee Travel and it was both spectacular and flawlessly executed. The route was challenging, with breathtaking scenery and interesting side trips. Chit did a great job both planning and managing the travel. I can't over-emphasize how carefully he organized and facilitated our tour. He had very interesting insights into the Lao culture and history which made the experience much richer. The bikes were very good Trek Mountain bikes and the support van was amazing. Both Ping the driver and Chit were very attentive to our specific goals and helped us plan each day to maximize our challenge while still making sure we could finish our day with some energy left to enjoy the destination. We couldn't recommend the company more.

Visited February 2015

Melbourne
20 attraction reviews
“"Rip Off”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Ï very rarely write negative reviews primarily because I have done the researched through Tripadvisor and mostly they are okay.
In this instance it was not good. Let me tell you about the Luang Prabang Cycling day tour. Firstly the guide and I guess the other man was Chit. The bikes were fine although I was a bit concerned when the guide first asked me "what do you want to do". I suggested we do the tour.
The first stop was the local market which is like all other local markets in SE Asia. After spending about half an hour at the market he said he a special place to take us out of town. It turned out to be the rice farm we spent half a day at the previous day so turned around and made our way back to Luang Prabang. He then took us to the Museum in the main street. We had walked past it several times previously. After that up the town and to the point were the second river meets the Mekong (for a photo).We then went to a temple in town. Then off to lunch by the river. We then found out it was not included in the tour, so we paid. We then cycled to another temple in town and then out of town to a handicraft place where the idea was to sell us paper and weaving products. Then back to town for another temple.
He then said we will be going to the temple on the hill so we will drop our bikes off at our hotel and he would take us on foot to the temple.
By this time we had had enough and suggested we could do it any time and by then we were templed out. Now he asked for payment and by now I was think they must have made a mistake with the price. The tour cost $70 per person, so for 2 it was $140. But no, it was $140,
I asked to speak to his manager who he phoned and I suggested that maybe it might be worth half, although I would say half that again. After some discussion with the manager there was no changing the ratr\e. I think they thought they had a could of live ones and were not letting go. I wasn't about to argue any further but walked away and marked it up to experience that won't be repeated.
I am not sure about the other reviews on this. they must not have done the same tour. There is no way it is value for money and I would warn any other travellers to give this company a big miss because they are rip off merchants.
I have written this whilst I am still on holidays and I never do that usually until I get home. But I wanted to warn people about this as soon as possible.

Visited July 2014
The Entrance, Australia
“Great for cyclists”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

These guys know Laos really well, especially from a cycling perspective. Loved the Laos part of tour with these guys.

Visited September 2013
San Carlos, California
“Travel Bliss in Luan Prabang”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

We toured SE Asia over the Christmas holiday in 2012/13 and one of our best and most memorable stops was in Luang Prabang. The city and people were amazing. Part of what made it so amazing was our tour guide service, Sabaidee Day Tours, they were excellent. We rented bikes one day and one of the guides took us on an incredible trip to the surrounding villages. We got a chance to meet the owner, Chit, who welcomed us in his community and amongst his friends. Overall it was a great expereince and I can't wait to get back!

DJ, San Carlos, California, U.S.A.

Visited January 2013
Cairns
“Luang Prabang and around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

December 2012 I arrived in Luang Prabang, where I met with Mr Chit and his son Bay, and was helped with all my transport needs for the local area and also was able to access biking tours which are run and guided by Mr Chit. The biking tour was a wonderful way to see the country side and learn about the local environs, animals,plants,insects and of course the culture of the Peoples of Laos.
I highly recommend visiting Sabaidee Luang Prabang Travel Day tours in Luang Prabang ,and meet with Chit and bay ,who will help you find a different side to Laos which is not possible with other larger more commercialized tour groups.

Rowan Smith, manager