“I still think about the iced coffee from this place!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Joys Restaurant

Joys Restaurant
Turn Right at Nam Pho Fountain | Turn Right at the Fountain, Walk Toward the Mekong Riverand It's on Your Right, Luang Prabang 06000, Laos
+856 255166575
Improve this listing
Ranked #12 of 156 Restaurants in Luang Prabang
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Cash Only, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Vientiane, Laos
“I still think about the iced coffee from this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

After seeing excellent reviews on TA, we ventured to this place only to find that it was closed. Wah wah. But Joy came and opened the place up for us!

Everything our party ordered was tasty - curry, pad Thai, etc. But the most delicious thing was the iced coffee!

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

London, United Kingdom
“Local, unpretentious, tasty and friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

I ate here twice during my stay- not something I normally do but in this case for 2 reasons. 1) the first meal was so fresh and delicious I wanted to try other dishes and 2) the friendliness of Joy, her son and the staff.
My first visit was on my own and I had the steamed fish, served with a huge fresh salad. Joy went out of her way to ensure I had some conversation but didn't feel bothered. She doesn't seem to care about profit (v reasonably priced) and told me about how she sources her ingredients. The food was delicious!
I took a fellow traveller on my second visit and had the beef laap- again bursting with flavour and freshness.
I was there in low season and the restaurant was very quiet but I can imagine it has a great atmosphere when all 6 tables are full.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Surrey, United Kingdom
“Local produce lovingly prepared”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

We visited this restaurant twice during our stay. Although very small, it is personally run by the owner Joy, whose main interest is the food she puts on the plate, and talking to her guests. As a result you are offered some lovely food at a very reasonable cost. Only two tables on the outside terrace, but worth eating outside if you can.

Visited March 2014
Melbourne, Australia
“Joyful dining at Joys”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

First night in LP and we booked at Joys. Joy is a warm an engaging host and an exceptional cook. Eggplant tempura entre was followed by a delicious steamed fish curry. And very reasonably priced too.

Beijing, China
“Cheap and Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

This was a great lunch time stop! The lemon glass drink was refreshing and the noodles fresh. We sat on the front porch on the quiet street and had an enjoyable meal. Easy choice!

Visited March 2014