This is not the newest, the trendiest nor the best guesthouse in LPB, the lobby is just so so (but then this is a guesthouse, more like a family house, not a hotel-to compare it with one is unfair.) But, what is really nice about this place:
1. Clean room, bathroom and beds.
2. Location - in the lovliest lane of LPB, and so near to the night market, the temples, and the Mekong and the jetty to board the boat to Vang Vieng, all within walking distance.
3. Almost the whole house is made from teak wood - wow! This is great in putting me in the context of LPB as a UNESCO World Heritage City.
4. The front room on the upper floor is best - with balcony and the view is nice.
5. Free coffee and bananas.
6. The boss is very nice and helpful with useful info (though other staff are not that good in English.)
Just regret that we didn't take any pics, but it looked authentic Laos-fantastic!
The only down side is that more competition is coming out, and many newer and more modern places can be found even in the same lane. The next time I come to LPB, I might consider staying here again, or head to the newer one - though choice!
- The front room on the upper floor is best - with balcony and the view is nice. - We went there in...
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.