“Yes it's worth it” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 66 hotels in Luang Prabang
Ottawa, Canada
“Yes it's worth it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

Having just spent 4 nights at MSH I can attest to its charm and tranquility. The staff are very attentive and accommodating. We felt very welcome and well taken care of. I took a cooking class while there and thoroughly enjoyed it from the trip to the morning market to the cooking. The spa is sublime. Our transport to and from the airport was efficient. Our room was comfortable and clean with a sizable private terrace in the garden like estate grounds which meticulously maintained. Nice pool and bar area as well with good bartenders and cocktails. Perfect location. Can't go wrong with this one.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Serge_Ditesheim, Manager at Maison Souvannaphoum Hotel, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Dear Zamborgini,

Thank you very much for your Tripadvisor review which I have read with great interest and joy!

It was a great pleasure to have made your acquaintance during your recent visit to Luang Prabang and I would like to thank you yet again for having selected Maison Souvannaphoum as your hotel of choice.

I have gladly shared your feedback with the team and especially Chef Vanhsay, our gardeners, bartenders as well as our SPA therapists were delighted to have received such kind praise from your good self. On behalf of the entire team here – thank you very much!

I truly hope you will have the occasion to travel to this wonderful part of the world again soon. We would certainly love to host yet another comfortable and memorable stay for you then.

In the meantime I would like to wish you a good day and all the very best!

424 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Korean first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Having recently returned from visiting Laos I feel compelled to write a review to praise this hotel. From our arrival to departure four days later staff made our stay a memorable one. From day one they remembered our names and were friendly and extremely helpful. I had a wonderful massage in the spa which could have been spoilt by a misunderstanding regarding the price (listen carefully to the exact details of any discounts) however the manager kindly charged me the price I had expected to pay without any dispute. Te staff at breakfast were lovely particularly two young trainees. Rooms were always spotless as was the hotel itself. I would recommend this hotel without reservation and hope to return myself one day.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear KazBn

I trust you have had a smooth and uneventful journey back to the UK.

Please allow me to first and foremost thank you yet again for having selected Maison Souvannaphoum as your preferred Hotel for your recent vacation in Luang Prabang.

I am thrilled to learn that my team was able to contribute to a memorable and overall delightful sojourn and I have not missed to share your feedback with everyone here. Especially our two trainees (now full time employees) Mr. Bounmee and Ms. Outhai were very proud to have received such kind praise from your good self. Also on their behalf – thank you very much!

My apologies again for the slight misunderstanding concerning our SPA promotion and I am glad you informed us right away so that we were able to resolve the matter swiftly.

Once again KazBn, thank you for your time and consideration and for providing us with your feedback here on Tripadvisor.

We are looking forward to your return and in the meantime I wish you happy travels and all the best!

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

This was a relaxing, peaceful stay in a pleasant, well maintained setting.Our accommodation was very tidy with the rooms being serviced to high standard.There was a wide range food available and we were found all staff and management friendly and attentive. Top value for money, overall a good choice to stay with.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Angsana.com

Dear valued Guest,

Thank you very much for kindly having taken the time to review your recent sojourn at Maison Souvannaphoum here on Tripadvisor.

I have gladly shared your feedback on the cleanliness of our rooms with the respective housekeeping staff and told them how good a job you thought they were doing. On behalf of my housekeeping team – thank you for your kind praise and encouragement.

We are very pleased to know that you feel you have made a good choice by staying with us and we would certainly be delighted to host yet another comfortable stay for you when you may return to wonderful Luang Prabang.

In the meantime, I would like to wish you a good time and all the best!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at this charming hotel. The staff are very friendly and helpful, the rooms are cheerful, and breakfast is delicious (make sure you try the Laotian pancakes--we're still dreaming about them!) Our room was very pretty, welcoming, and well tended to. The bathroom was fairly spacious and clean. We appreciated that they lit citronella in the room every night to help keep the mosquitos at bay. It's a short walk into town, but we thought it was nice to be a bit away from all the hustle of downtown. I'll stay here again if I return to LP!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Itc1002,

Greetings from Maison Souvannaphoum Hotel and many thanks for your encouraging feedback.

We were all delighted to read your review and I am particularly happy to learn that you found our staff to be friendly, our breakfast delicious and the rooms to be comfortable and well serviced. Please trust that we are fully committed to upkeep and improve our services and facilities on a daily basis in order to make “Maison” an ever more comfortable and pleasant place.

It would certainly be a great pleasure to welcoming you back when you may return to Luang Prabang.

In the meantime, I would like to wish you happy travels and all the very best.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

This is a really beautiful hotel in a fabulous location. The facilities are of the best and provide a peaceful haven after a day exploring the temples in and scenery around Luang Prabang. What makes this hotel really special are the staff. They are unfailingly polite and friendly and will do everything in their power to make your stay with them enjoyable. When I spoke to the manager he said how lucky he was to have such good staff. Such an attitude however can only come from the top and is a credit to the way he manages and encourages his staff. Highly recommended! Peter Colyer, Wirral. UK.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Angsana.com

Serge_Ditesheim, Manager at Maison Souvannaphoum Hotel, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear Mr. Colyer,

I trust you have had exciting onward travels and a smooth and uneventful journey back to the UK.

It has been a great pleasure to have made you acquaintance during your recent visit to Luang Prabang. I have read your Tripadvisor review with great interest and joy and am delighted to learn that you have had an overall delightful sojourn.

Thank you ever so much for your kind praise for our team. I would like to mention and point out yet again how truly lucky and privileged I feel, working with a group of such genuinely friendly and humble young people.

Once again Mr. Colyer, thank you for your time and consideration and for providing us with such encouraging feedback.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back again - hopefully soon.

In the meantime I wish you a good day and all the very best!

Australian in Europe
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

We arrived in evening at this hotel for a 2 night stay based on a package extension we had purchased so we were not sure what we would get on arrival.
What a wonderful surprise. Greeted by some wonderful staff, room was well maintained, clean and comfortable, high ceilings and the balcony was very pleasant also. Guess one would expect this when it is a totally renovated french colonial structure. Had a snack and drink by the pool and again the staff here were extremely nice and co-operative. Breakfast was a joy as again were the staff. Even though a main road is nearby the hotel, rooms and surrounds are extremely peaceful. Has only 24 - 25 rooms, well maintained gardens. Location quite good as near market but not to close.
Wonderful and lovely place as is Luang Prabang.
Nect time we are back here we will stay here again.

Room Tip: Suspect that high season October - Janiary will be extremely difficult to reserve a room based on fe...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Serge_Ditesheim, Manager at Maison Souvannaphoum Hotel, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear queenslandtraveller,

Thank you very much for your encouraging feedback which I have certainly not missed to share with my team.

I am really glad to learn you enjoyed the colonial, boutique feel of Maison Souvannaphoum. Also it is nice to know that you liked the convenient and central location of the hotel and I hope you have been able to make some exciting and memorable shopping on the close by night market.

Queenslandtraveller, please trust that we are committed to making Maison Souvannaphoum Hotel a more enjoyable and pleasant place on a daily basis and we shall make every effort to always keep our standards and services at high levels.

I am looking forward to welcome you back in the hopefully not too distant future and in the meantime, would like to wish you happy travels and all the very best.

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Quiet and peaceful. Lovely pool, wonderful restaurant, attentive staff and well appointed rooms. Walking distance to the morning and night markets and all the temples. Our room had a balcony overlooking the pool and garden.

We arrived a day late after a travel snafu but were accommodated with smiles, no additional charges, a cool drink and a cold towel. We immediately went to the pool which is in a peaceful corner with a waterfall. After a bit, we decided to eat in the restaurant which seems to float above the pool. We had the special Laotian meal in a long boat with a wonderful Australian Rose. At our request, the restaurant staff explained each dish to us.

Don't miss the hotel store - it has exceptional local textiles and souvenirs not seen in town.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Serge_Ditesheim, Manager at Maison Souvannaphoum Hotel, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Dear Katherine S,

I trust you have had exciting onward travels and eventually a smooth and uneventful journey back to the US.

It has been a pleasure to have made your acquaintance during your recent stay with us at Maison Souvannaphoum Hotel. I am delighted to learn that you have had an overall excellent stay with us and have certainly not failed to share your kind praise with the team.

My shop manager in particular was very pleased to hear that you found the local product selection to be interesting and we do indeed try to select textiles and other local handicrafts that are not seen on the night market for instance.

Once again, allow me to thank you for having selected Maison Souvannaphoum as your preferred hotel in Luang Prabang and for providing us with your encouraging feedback here on Tripadvisor.

We look forward to welcoming you back when you may travel to this wonderful part of the world again and I the meantime I wish you all the very best.

Hotel Manager

Been to Maison Souvannaphoum Hotel? Share your experiences!