The 2 rooms that we were given were both downstairs in the wooden building and we were kept awake by peole walking across the floor above us for 2 of the 3 days that we stayed there. The rooms are not sufficiently soundproofed with the interior walls being made from thin plasterboard. Neither of the airconditioners worked properly and the 'private terraces' were used by members of the staff to make their own phonecalls, the bars of soap are so small you have to ask for more or buy your own and the beds a simple dunlopillo matress on a few planks. Overall service was poor, descending to non-existent when we had a12 power cut and it would be much better if they spent less time playing games on the computer and more attending to their opaying guests. We were told that they couldn't make us a hot drink because of the power cut, despite them having a gas cooker! The supposedly, freshly cooked to order, hot breakfast was anything but and consisted of a tub of yoghurt, a few pieces of tired fruit, lukewarm lipton tea, an undercooked fried egg and one piece of incinerated bacon! They call it a boutique hotel but a much fairer description would be an indifferent guest house. The final straw was beeing asked to pay double the normal taxi fare as we had occupied 2 seperate rooms, needless to say we walked outside and found a local taxi driver who took us to the airport for a third of the price. There are much better deals available in Luang Prabang some less than 200 metres away.
- Also Known As:
- 3 Nagas Hotel Luang Prabang
- 3 Nagas Hotel
- Les 3 Nagas Luang Prabang
- Les 3 Nagas Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 3 Nagas, is a small charming boutique hotel, comprising three superbly restored historic UNESCO World Heritage buildings more than a century old. The hotel is ideally located in the towns Old Quarter, just a short walking distance from the major tourist attractions, on the path of the morning alms-giving procession. High ceilings, exotic dark wooden floors, four-poster beds, silk fabrics and traditional weavings ooze elegance, style and character. A beautiful courtyard garden beside the Nam Khan River plus an acclaimed fine dining restaurant, serving exquisite Laotion food, make this hotel the perfect place to relax and enjoy the serene Lao lifestyle. The hotel’s intimate collection of 15 rooms and suites each blend space, luxury and exquisite charm, exuding a warm and inviting ambiance amid the tranquil surroundings. Eight rooms are located in The Khamboua House, a jewel of traditional Lao architecture. Built in 1903, it opens onto a beautiful garden edging the Nam Khan River, from where you can glimpse the serene Lao lifestyle. The other seven rooms are located in The Lamache House, built originally in 1898 to host the Royal Court. The house was restored using traditional techniques and materials, indulging guests in a truly authentic stay in this charming historical town. The hotel does not feature a spa or pool, however, guests are invited to use these facilities at our 5-star sister resort, Hotel de la Paix, located nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity and Venere so you can book your 3 Nagas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.