“Someone visited my room” 2 of 5 stars

A Tee Guesthouse
Visounnarath Rd, Town Cente, Luang Prabang, Laos   |
Ranked #72 of 226 Luang Prabang B&B and Inns
Helsinki, Finland
“Someone visited my room”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

My plan was stay there 4 nights. I moved after 2 nights. One day I saw someone has visited my room. It was not a cleaninglady. That was not a nice feeling. Owners didn't speak english that well so It was hard to explain to them. Room was also hot. I didn't feel good there and this was a first time I changed a guesthouse after travelling 5 months.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Hamburg, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

After looking at at least 30 guesthouses in Luang Prabang I decided to stay in the A Tee guesthouse as is offers the best value for money for a budget traveller.
It was not only one of the cheapest rooms that I looked at (Luang Prabang is really expensive), but it was also by far the cleanest.

The room is not very big, but has good furniture for a budget room. The beds are comfortable, the linen and towels very clean and even smell nice and fresh.
The bathroom interior is nice, with a rainfall shower that has really hot water.

The WIFI has a decent speed for Laos and I had signal in my room. There is a small common balcony on the first floor, which is directly next to the router, so the signal there is the strongest.

While I was in the guesthouse, there was free hot and cold water and free bananas at all times. One day I came back int he guesthouse when the owners where just having Lunch, and they even invited me to join them and I had a fabulous meal.
I also rented a bicycle from the guesthouse for one day, which was cheap and in a good working condition.

The owners are very kind and helpful, they do however, know hardly any English.

I stayed for 3 nights at the guesthouse, as I was waiting for my Vietnamese Visa. The guesthouse is only five minutes walking from the Vietnamese Embassy, however, it is about 10 minutes walking to the night market and the histroric centre of town.

Five minutes walk from the guesthouse are lots of restaurants as well, including the bar "Utopia", which is a pretty popular tourist bar in Luang Prabang.
The guesthouse is located in a small, unpaved road, so not very easy to spot from the main road, there is a sign though that directs towards the guesthouse.
Due to its location in the back street, it is really quiet with no traffic noise or music.

If I would return to Luang Prabang again, I'd definetely stay at A Tee guesthouse again.

Room Tip: I saw two different rooms and they were identical, I think all rooms are pretty much the same. Some...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
vietnam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

very friendly staff, clean rooms, new buidling, good location (silence at night!), for luang prabang a very good price, only 80.000 kip/night.
but: no english speaking and no wifi, (which is perfect for me, as wifi is everywhere around town).

will certainly return there.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Been to A Tee Guesthouse? Share your experiences!