We just left the Grand Luang Prabang where we stayed for 2 nights. The location of this hotel is a bit out of the ways and it was necessary to either take a tuk tuk or use the infrequent hotel shuttle to get into town.
The grounds of this hotel had a very lush tropical like setting with liy ponds surrounding all the 4 separate buildings. All the units had a nice veranda or patio with outdoor seating. This is a 2 level hotel and we were on the lower level. The problem with this is the walls and floors are thin so we heard a lot of toilet flushing, door slamming, furniture moving(hardwood floors), and idle conversations going on. Unless we had ear plugs in, it made for sleepless moments until around midnight unless there was a late tour group coming in. The dining area is a little walk away in a relaxing and beautiful setting with spectacular views of the MeKong river. The breakfast is inclusive but is only fair. While we were here,the bar and restaurant closed up quite early, around 7-7:30pm. If there isn't anything going on they just wrap it up.
This is a busy place with tour groups. Overall, we had a pleasant stay.
- Also Known As:
- The Grand Luang Prabang Hotel And Resort
- The Grand Luang Prabang Hotel Luang Prabang
- Grand Hotel Luang Prabang
- Grand Luang Prabang
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Miracle of Luangprabang city, the Grand luangprabang hotel is where the music offered by the river. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, Otel, Hotels.com, Venere and HotelsClick so you can book your The Grand Luang Prabang Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.