This hotel is about 10 minutes from town. There are tuk tuk and taxis at the hotel if you require to get back into town.
The rooms are spacious, clean and large. There are lovely views from all rooms. You have pool and gardens and also the river. My view was the pool and gardens where I saw a water buffalo taking a swim. He was not a guest but a resident of the hotel. He roams around with his trainer.
If you want to go into the town to witness alms the hotel will arrange it for you. It cost amount US$5 and that will take care of your transfer and rice to give the monks. Please give a tip to the driver. This of course is down at dawn.
Breakfast is outdoor with beautiful views of the river. It is a buffet and lots of choices. It may be a good idea to wear bug spray.
Staff is very friendly and helpful. English is spoken at this hotel but I would recommend to speak a bit slower.
Safety deposit boxes are at the front desk. No elevators at this hotel. There is a computer in the reception area for guests use.
I really enjoyed this hotel and visit.
If you would like a massage it is not expensive. The hotel will arrange it for you. The cost was amount US$10.
- Also Known As:
- The Grand Luang Prabang Hotel And Resort
- The Grand Luang Prabang Hotel Luang Prabang
- Grand Hotel Luang Prabang
- Grand Luang Prabang
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Miracle of Luangprabang city, the Grand luangprabang hotel is where the music offered by the river. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, Otel, Hotels.com, Venere and HotelsClick so you can book your The Grand Luang Prabang Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.