“There are better alternatives” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Singapore, Singapore
61 attraction reviews
“There are better alternatives”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

We came here after it was recommended in the Rough Guide, Luxe guide and the Groovy guide to LP (yes I like guide books!).
Having been to L'hibiscus the day before however we were a little disappointed. It's a bit rough and ready as all the local spas are, but the masseurs seemed a little disinterested. My husband's full body massage was not as good, and the prices were higher.
I'm not sure how Spa Garden has risen to such heights of fame but do look around, there are so many options in town.

Visited August 2012

Tehran, Iran
16 attraction reviews
“it was good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

this is one of the things that you can do when it's rainy in Lunag prabang and you don't know what other things to do, my friend and I first went to another place which was closed, they told us that it is so cold!!...then we wentto spa garden, I liked the atmosphere, the girls who massaged us vere professional, but you should not compare these massages to those thy one, otherwise you are going to be disappointed, it was good...hey, don't forget tipping....they deserve it.

Visited October 2011
New York City, New York
8 attraction reviews
“Overpriced but clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012 via mobile

We went to few different places and Spa Garden is the cleanest and prettiest but the massage is not the best.
The girls show no interest in their job or your satisfaction.
My sugestion is since the massage is so inexpensive comparing to the western world, try several places. Se what works for you.

Penang Island, Malaysia
4 attraction reviews
“Good massage, so-so pedicure”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

I originally intended to get the aromatherapy massage but it was quite pricey at this location, so I opted for the Lao mystic massage instead (I believe it's just a fancy name for the traditional massage).

I arrived on a Saturday morning without booking. The place definitely looked more upscale (so is the price) than the many other massage parlors along Mekong. The reception spoke good English and is very pleasant.

They were full at that time but would be able to accommodate me in an hour. Since I had time, I got myself a pedicure while waiting. The pedicure itself was so-so: It was a lot shorter than the more elaborate pedicures I've had at many other places. To my disappointment they didn't soak my feet in hot water nor get rid of dead skin at the ball of my feet. Other than that, it was a decent pedicure. (I've had a much better experience at the same price in Bali though! See my review for Murano Spa on Tripadvisor.)

However, the massage itself exceeded my expectations! I've read that Lao massage is a gentler version of Thai, but this session was A LOT gentler than Thai! My masseuse didn't try to contort my body too much (which I really appreciated), and I drifted off at some point (this is another criterion I use to evaluate how good a massage is - massages are supposed to be relaxing, right?).

I was served ginger tea both after the pedicure and after the massage. I accidentally left my sunglasses at the pedicure area before entering the massage room. The reception was kind enough to keep them and returned them to me when I was done with my massage.

Overall, I would recommend this place for massage.

Visited June 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
3 attraction reviews
“Mixed review”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

I had an amazing foot massage at this spa. The woman who gave me the massage used great pressure and my feet were grateful! However, the back massage was just ok. This could simply be due to the way the massage "beds" were placed on the floor and the woman could not get enough leverage. I am unsure if these beds are the norm for the rest of the spas. Good effort though.

Visited June 2012