“BRILLIANT” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Specialty Shops, Shopping
18 attraction reviews
“BRILLIANT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

This is an amazing experience. It benefits everyone involved and is so much fun. We went there to teach English, read books and help students with their homework. It was so much fun and I wish I could stay in the town longer and do it every day!

london
17 attraction reviews
“Fantastic uplifting experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We were staying at the Lotus Villa, which was around the corner from this place. We already knew about the place from TA, and we really wanted to visit it.
Straight away, we loved it. The children are so eager to leran, and hungry to talk and practice their English. I ended up with a student who I taught maths to for both sessions of 2 hours that i was there. I'm a Maths Teacher, so I found it very straight forward. What surprised me was the student's willingness to learn new ideas. He was there waiting for me the nex day. I set home home work and gave him my email address, so I could mark his work.

My wife also had several students that wanted to enter the hospitalilty trade and wanted to practice their English on guests.
Sessions are 5-7 every day. I found the experience very uplifting and positive.

Visited October 2012
Toronto, Canada
25 attraction reviews
“One of the best experiences in LP!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

Big Brother Mouse was a must for my girlfriend and I as we read a lot about it in Lonely Planet. We are also teachers, so it sparked our interests. The students at the center are so gracious and eager to learn!! Make sure you come between 9-11am or 5-7pm. Also, offer to buy them books! They're only $20,000kip (about 2.50USD) and the students will cherish it forever.

The students we were talking to worked at a restaurant, The Blue Lagoon. We went there at night to surprise them and they were so happy to see us.

Sometimes a friendly face and your time are more valuable than dollars and cents, and no place is that clearer than here at Big Brother Mouse.

Visited August 2012
Viborg, Denmark
“This is a must to visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

If you like to know about the cultur and the people you meet in the country you visit this is a perfect place.
I visited the place two days and talked with young people. They told me about there life, there hopes and there dreams for the future.
They are all so interested to here about other culture and contries.
And must of all. They help children in the small villages in the provins getting books. Maybe there first book ever. Books are a scarce in Laos

Visited July 2012
Los Angeles, California
3 attraction reviews
“A Must Do”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

I spent three hours at Big Brother Mouse and had an amazing time. If anything, I learned more than the students I spoke with. I spent three hours conversing with about 6 boys (ages 14 to 23) and learning all about their lives in Laos. They were incredibly curious and eager to learn about America, in return. This was probably my favorite thing that I did in Luang Prabang and I highly recommend it!

Visited May 2012