“Great Place to arrange Activities in L B” 5 of 5 stars

+856 71 212 093
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Trekking, kayaking, cycling, rock climbing, community immersion are some of the highlights Luang Prabang has to offer. Multiple-day treks to the remotest places are rewarding as is the direct contact with people of the forest still deeply immersed in their distinct, centuries old traditions.
Phoenix
30 attraction reviews
“Great Place to arrange Activities in L B”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

We hired GGGTs to provide a cruise on the Mekong River while we were L B. They provided a great guide a good boat at a very reasonable price and the tour which many offer in LB is a great tour and I highly recommend! We had a great group of persons who were on this package looking something like a small United Nations committee: Norway, Denmark, France, Canada Ireland and the US. We all got along warmly and was a nice plus to the trip. We left the river bank around 10:15AM and returned around 5:30. We took in a textile village making paper and silk. We then traveled to the famous "Whiskey Village" where Lao Lao is distilled and of course free samples were available and whiskey could be purchased. We had a small tour of the village and then off to cruise further up the Mekong. We traveled about an hour and a half up near the famous caves full of ancient Buddhas from hundreds of years. This is quite a site! Be prepared for trekking up a number of steps to a 2nd and larger cave but worth the effort. Our guide was well prepared and spoke excellent English. Our Capitan did a good job of getting us from place to place smoothly. There was an excellent Lao lunch at a restaurant on the river near the Caves. All of this for a price of less than $40.00 PP. This was a great way to spend at least one day in Lao!

Visited February 2013

LA
“Fantastic Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Green Discovery arranged a private trip for me - a two day boat ride up the Nam Ou. Lathsamee could not have been more helpful. He really went out of his way to make sure that all the arrangements were completed. It was a fantastic two days, and I was very impressed with Green Discovery.

Visited October 2012
Northampton, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
“Lazy service and MASSIVELY overpriced”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

Perhaps once this outfit earned it's guidebook endorsement. Not now. I visited two branches, Luang Prahbang and Nong Khiaw. Both were under par. There are lots of other decent operators to choose from in town - its worth shopping around.

As a solo traveller I wanted to sign up to an adventure with other people. I wasn't picky about which. The assistant couldn't tell me if they had bookings for anything in the next week, despite a blackboard outside stating they wanted people to fill some trips tomorrow and the next day. Answering normal questions about what was included in the US$230 price tag - no, that's no typo - to go alone on a two day, one night hike was too much bother for the assistant manning an empty shop. So I took me and my money a few doors down to White Elephant Adventures who were extremly helpful and better priced by $100.

Experience at NK was much better, they just didnt have the footfall to make a trip work in the two days I was there (fewer than 20 tourists in town) . Shame, as I'd tried to book ahead from LP, but was told its not possible to book in one office for a trip run from another.... Surely, that should be a benefit of running offices in more than one place?!

Buck up.

“Cave Tour.. they Lied... Forgot to pick us up, we called 4 times. To boat 1 1/2 hour late, they told the entire boat it was our ”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

This tour is very overpriced this is Western Rates for poor service. The fact they blamed us prior to us arriving is ridiculous and unprofessional. Pick up was 830, we arrived in lobby at 8. The front desk called 4 times..they kept saying the driver was picking other guests up. We arrived at boat at 1030 for 9am tour!! They had been making all the guests wait!! This did not set a good tone fortunately we are friendly and fun!!So we ended up all getting a long with the other guests. The Villages were a joke. Totally not worth paying $65 per person!

Our tour guide was nice but did not provide any real information.. Not engaged..

Waste money book with someone else.

At end of tour we were informed there was no ride back to our hotel.. They score a ZERO in customer service!!!

Worst tour company in Luang Prabang!

Hong Kong
21 attraction reviews
“Reliable operator”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I did three one-day activities with Green Discovery with kayaking, zip lining and rock climbing included. The staff were generally very helpful although were let down by one or two I came across when making inquiries in the offices.
I thoroughly enjoyed the trips I did with Green Discovery. I found them to be good value for money. The food provided was excellent local fare.

Visited January 2013