“Extremely poor service - not a great selection to choose from” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Cuisine is Loatian/thai
Chicago, Illinois
“Extremely poor service - not a great selection to choose from”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

I had dinner at this restaurant - they have a grill in front that makes it appealing. The young man who waited on my table had a couldn't care less attitude - perhaps I should have left as it was a teaser of what was to come. First he walked away in the middle of my placing the order and returned 5 minutes later - yawned right in the middle of the rest of the order. I asked for a soup followed by Mekong grilled fish in a banana leaf and a bottle of water. I specifically asked that the soup be served first followed by the main course - of course, 20 minutes later both courses were served at the same time.
The soup was good - a bit salty....the fish was served without the banana leaf - so I don't know if it was cooked inside the leaf or not. By the time I got to sample the fish, it was cold but I decided to continue - rather bland and not very flaky. By this time I had finished both courses.....and sat......and sat.......and sat for nearly 45 minutes - my table was not cleared (there were only 3 tables that were busy) with the waiters / waitresses lining up on the side or disappearing in the back. Since I was in no rush, I sat it out but after 45 minutes asked to speak to the manager - there wasn't one!! (I ended up calling the hotel that owned this restaurant and speaking to the manager over there). The waiter never came back with a menu for dessert or even asked how the dishes were - I finally paid the bill (without any tip)....and the waitress who took the money said the restaurant was willing to offer me a 20% discount for what had happened.
This was not an isolated incident as other guests had a similar experience - maybe it is while the cat is away , the mice are at play......however I cannot recommend this restaurant both for the total lack of service and the food that was served - there are many other better restaurants in LP (check out my other reviews)

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Thailand
“Super good restaurant in Luang Prabang”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

I like a BBQ Pork and spring roll very much, wish to come back again.
Thank you make me enjoin with my dinner.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lund, Sweden
“spring roll is good but others are soso”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

As said in the title, we ordered the spring rolls as starters and other grills for the main courses.
The spring rolls were good but the grills were nothing special - not bad but not outstanding either.
The service is so-so too. We were there twice; the first we went there, we stood for some time and none came to ask us for seating. So we had to turn around and left. Another evening we went there again and got seating but the grill was not as good as we expected so it was a bit disappointed.
I would say, in Luang Prabang if you are interested in grills, then any those grill stalls by streets or in the night market would give you better value of the price than this retaurant - but if you really want to pay to have a seat and service, that's another thing.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, IL
“Best spring rolls in all of Southeast Asia”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Great food. Great service. And yes... the best gosh darn spring rolls in all of southeast asia. We had to go back every night for appetizers even though we were trying out some other restaurants. Give this place a try... you won't regret it!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“need to pick few dishes”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

the stir fried vegetables and the steamed fish with tamarind sauce were very good. Soup and salad were not good.

Visited January 2013