“Great food, good prices” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Sydney, Australia
“Great food, good prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

This cheap and cheerful restaurant is always a winner when in a Luang Prabang and it certainly didn't disappoint this time around.

Prices are extremely reasonable for the quality, but the place is only small so get in early to get a table

Visited July 2014

Broadbeach, Australia
“Chilled atmosphere and great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

I ate here several times while in Luang Prabang. The staff were friendly, the menu had a large selection and even though the prices were high by Laos standards they are cheap for tourists.

“Wholly uninspiring food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

My wife and I visited this place specifically because of the many positive reviews. It's possible that we were just unlucky with our orders, but we both found the food to be bland and uninspiring at best.

I had the locally produced Lao sausage, which had admittedly an attempt at spicing, but it was dry and cold, texture like wall insulation. My wife had the farmers breakfast, which after the high talking on the menu turned out to be a basic, bland vegetable omelette. Both dishes smaller than anything I've seen in Asia, served with tiny portions of cold, bland carrot and cauliflower and the driest most rock solid sticky rice we've ever seen! You could have used it for ballast.

Yes the place is nice, the music good and the staff friendly, but when the food is this disappointing why do it to yourself? And good value? Pull the other one! You can get food ten times as good at half the price in L P if you do even a cursory amount of research.

My advice is to avoid. You may get lucky and find something good on the menu, but chances are it'll be tiny and will come with the same ubiquitous, unappetising accompaniments, so try somewhere else.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Portadown, United Kingdom
“Prepare to chill ;)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

We arrived in Luang Prabang last night and thought we'd have a quick stroll along to find our evening meal. Delilah's looked like it would fit the bill so in we went.
Be prepared for a wait......it took just short of an hour for our meal to arrive! It was worth it though as it was well cooked and very tasty. I had Okai with sticky rice and my company had chicken with feta and a veg cashew stir fry. Superb.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Good food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

Normally I eat from street stalls and local restaurants. Decided to treat myself. Pleasant ambience. Attentive waiters. Average food for the price. Prefer street food at a quarter of the price.