“light on the pockets” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Luang Prabang Paradise Resort

You added Luang Prabang Paradise Resort to your Saves list
Luang Prabang Paradise Resort
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Khan River Side - 13 North Road - Ban Meuang Nga, Luang Prabang, Laos   |
Ranked #51 of 230 Luang Prabang B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
“light on the pockets”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

The hotel was perfect for us after our 22 hours journey. The staff were sweet enough to give us our rooms early . The rooms are beautifully set up with a balcony overlooking the garden. The breakfast buffet option was limited but it was quite tasty. The pool was clean and well maintained.
The staff helped us in getting motor bikes to rent and helped us in planning our outings for 2 days.
Since we hired bikes we didnt find it too difficult to commute to the historic center.

The rooms, the service and staff were incredible and made our stay most memorable

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

I booked online. On arrival the male receptionist was smiling and gave me a welcome glass of fruit juice. He asked me to check my details were correct. I was in shock as he had all my personal details on a sheet of paper including my full credit card details. I was not happy with that!!! The manager is a woman named Doll. She told me she had new staff. I had to ask several times for information on how to go to Vientiane. I was told it would cost USD $250!!! That was by bus or fly. Strange how both were same price. I eventually got correct prices and information when I went into the town. I asked about going to see elephants and doing a Mahout course. Again I was told it was expensive and maybe not possible. I was fed up of reception by this time. The pool is nice but not very clean. The rooms are all wood so they attract insects. I was infested even with air con and ceiling fan on. There are mosquito nets over the bed. Breakfast is good. Eggs cooked to order. Other food on the menu is expensive. Free bicycles and shuttle service are good as this hotel is out of town. Do not rent their motorcycles as there are much cheaper in the town. Hotel is under the flight path too. I had problems with the bathroom so while I was out someone went to look at it. I returned and asked reception for my room key. He was adamant that I never gave it to him. I couldn't be bothered arguing and asked him for the master key. On arrival we both noticed my room lights were on and the door was left completely open. I was furious but he told me there was no manager to talk to. She was at home. The service is awful here in reception including the manager. But the guy in the restaurant is very kind and smiles a lot. His English is very good. He should be on reception. I would not recommend this "resort".

• Stayed September 2013
Port Lincoln, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

Little far out from main town area but hotel is like a small oasis. All rooms are quite private with own balcony overlooking garden, and it has a good swimming pool. Limited menu but reasonable cost to catch their own transport or a tuk tuk into town to the numerous restaurants.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Brighton UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

Although its a little way from the main historic centre rooms and service at the Paradise resort is really 4 star. We stayed here for 3 nights - myself , husband and 2 kids. The pool in a great way of relaxing after a hot day of touring/ walking around the city. The hotel offers a 4 hourly minibus to and from town, which I suggest you make use of, as constantly going around by tuk tuk can become quite expensive ( about 30,000 kip one way - £2.70 n.b many drivers try to ask for 40 or 50,000 but do so with such good humour it's impossible to get annoyed). Breakfast is nice, with a hearty plate of pancakes, omlette, local coffee etc the rooms are beautiful, even our standard river view was luxurious. TV reception not brillinat, but who needs that when you can gaze out over the Mekong river?

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Huay Xai, Laos
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We stayed 4 nights in the hotel and wished we could have stayed longer! Everything was perfect, great swimmingpool, good restaurant and breakfast and really nice room. The hotel was a not in the city but you could use their free shuttle service, free bikes or take a tuktuk, so this was not an issue at all. We were really impressed by their level of service and hospitality they provided. Very personal, friendly, attentive and hospitable. We loved it here! The only thing they should have done is fix the cold shower in our room (only our room).

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Copenhagen, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

After three days living in the old part of the town and with no pool, we need to get out and change things. So we found Paradise Resort situated 10 min bike ride from the city center and it got swimming pool. We were not disappointed.

Everything was nice. Friendly staff, clean rooms, great swimming pool and last but not least free bikes for the hotel guest. There was also free mini van service to and from down town twice a day. Free pick up and delivery to Luang Prabang International airport is available.

You might notice from the other reviews here of the praising of the breakfast. My opinion is a little mixed in that sense. Breakfast is good but not overwhelming.

The biggest disadvanced of the hotel is that it is located right below the flight path of the planes arriving and leaving the nearby airport. The good thing is that LP is not a busy airport and had only 6-7 flights a day, but that can change.

It is expensive to get your cloth washed 25,000 LAK pr. kg, which is over double the rate compared to down town.

Room Tip: The place is runned by one Lao family, so the staff is related.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Well, you're in Luang Prabang, Laos .... already somewhere special. And this resort is super value for money and the excellent facilities - the pool, restaurant and free bicycles. Add the lovely staff and it is a seventh heaven. We had 5 nights (6 days) and loved it, used the free bicycles to get to and from town as well as the free shuttle service (plus occasional Tuk tuk for 30,000 Kip (3 Euros) for 5 people). Please note: the resort is not in the centre of the main historic town, I (we) would recommend a long chilled out stay in Luang Prabang with two nights in town somewhere and 4 to 6 nights at the LP Paradise Resort as a good solution. The family bungalow we had here was perfect, with just a little bit of attention to be paid to the bathroom ... but for well under $100 a night for 5 people, well you don't get much better!!

Room Tip: Learn some Lao language (we speak it), although they do ok for English here.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Luang Prabang Paradise Resort? Share your experiences!