We came to Laos for the New Year celebration and stayed at Luang Say Residence for 4 nights in the Explorator suite #602. We've stayed at other hotels in LP similarly priced and higher, but this hotel far exceeded all others. We thought about staying at Amantaka on this trip, but for 2.5 times the price we didn’t think that was worth the added expense, plus we wanted a hotel with more the local French Colonial ambiance.
This hotel is recently built on beautiful grounds outside the downtown area and is French Colonial in architecture and design. The rooms are spacious and well-appointed with top of the line furniture, bathroom fixtures, etc. The ceilings are high, approx. 12ft. The bed was very comfortable. Each room is air-conditioned and has a private terrace or balcony. You will not be sharing any space with neighboring units. The garden is wonderful. In addition to beautiful flowers, it supplies delicious herbs, vegetables, and lettuces for the onsite, superb, fine dining restaurant. The hotel is not inexpensive, but compared to others in the same category, it offers a far better value and experience. The pool is also wonderful. Large, tranquil, and provides space for many guests without feeling like it’s crowded. We used it every day and welcomed the relaxation the whole establishment offered after exploring for the day.
During our time in LP the hotel was fully booked, but we did not feel any intrusion. The layout of the hotel and grounds, plus the patience and personalized care provided to the guests offer a first class experience. The only recommendation we have is to provide on site massage service.
The place is very well managed. The staff was attentive, informed, helpful, and kind. They have a good recipe for making guests feel welcome, especially during the busiest time of year. They actually were able to book all last minute activity/excursions during this very busy period even though we had not reserved in advance. That’s what you expect of a first class hotel and they deliver.
- Also Known As:
- The Luang Say Residence Hotel
- The Luang Say Residence Hotel Luang Prabang
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Quaintly located in a lush landscaped garden, this luxurious property provides 5 colonial style buildings that include this fully decorated boutique resort. Other than leisure travelers, this property is also a perfect base for guests on transit since it’s only a short drive away from the airport and downtown. All the 24 suites are fully equipped with a flat screen television, personal mini bar, in-room safe and WiFi internet access. Featuring numerous onsite facilities such as a large swimming pool, dining room, library, foreign exchange service and laundry service. For explorations, guests can walk down the tree lined streets where you will find a wide range of restaurants, cafes, vibrant handicraft markets and the famous, Mekong River. The city also boasts its 32 protected temples and the famous attraction, Haw Kham Royal Palace Museum – which you should not miss. The Luang Say Residence awaits your visit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Splendia, Tingo, Orbitz, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your The Luang Say Residence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.