“An enjoyable stay at Juliana Luang Prabang” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Palais Juliana

You added Le Palais Juliana to your Saves list
Le Palais Juliana
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Tcho Phetsalath Street | Ban-Sangkalok, Khet-Sangkalok, Luang Prabang, Laos   |
Ranked #33 of 67 Hotels in Luang Prabang
Bangkok, Thailand
“An enjoyable stay at Juliana Luang Prabang”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

We chose to stay at this hotel for 2 nights during our 4 days trip. The last night we decided to stay in the old town which is very close to Xieng Thong Temple. We gladed that we made this decision since the last hotel does not provide T.V. in the room (unless you asked for it) and the breakfast was not as good as this hotel. The hotel staffs here are very friendly and always willing to help. They have tried to google for us especially the restaurant information.

The location of this hotel is not in the walking distance to the town center (10 minutes by car) but the hotel do provide free shuttle bus services which we find very convenient. You should make sure about the pick-up and the drop-off point (The Table restaurant). It is next to Bangkok Airways Office. Also, please do notify the front desk in advance since the seats are limited.

Our room is on the main floor which has an access door to the pool area but we didn't use the facilities. We purchased the hotel package from the travel fair in Thailand which is a very good deal. The package includes the round trip airport shuttle and a free dinner. We enjoyed the foods here especially fried marinated pork (Moo-Thod). It is very delicious. The watermelon juice tastes better than the same drink we had at Intercontinenal hotel.

If we decide to visit Luang Prabang in the future, we will choose to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Hawthorne, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

This hotel is very beautiful. I love the location which I can see the mountain and beautiful sunset from the room. The staffs and service are excellent. I will go back to Le Palais Juliana Hotel again for sure.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
BKK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

I stay with my family for a long holiday and I think this hotel is very beautiful with warm welcome like home sweet home. Moreover, I love the traditional dinner stlye so much. We will come back Le Palais Juliana Hotel for sure.

• Stayed August 2012
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

The hotel is very beautiful and well decorated. The food is very good and tasty. Staff is very nice and helpful. Everyone said "Sabaidee" to me everytime when I passed by. I feel like this hotel is my second home in Asia haha, feel very comfortable and really wanna go back there again. I miss Kevin (extremely nice receptionist) and Deoun (Restaurant Manager) very much.You shouldn't miss out this hotel!

Room Tip: 2nd Floor is nice. You can see the prefect view from your room.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Paris, France
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

This hotel in brand new.... Looks wonderfull.... But the service is so bad....
Food is basic and overpiced
No one is around the pool....it means you have to go to the reception to order ....
And if you are non resident you have to pay 10 $ per person for using the pool even if you order more than 50 $ at the restaurant....

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Looking at the photos of the hotel alone, it appeared to be a wonderful resort. I regret that I didn't look at the online comments on the hotel before my booking. The hotel was pretty new but it already showed its age during my stay.

The design of hotel was beautiful. Nevertheless, the work and maintenance were so poor. Black mould could be found on the bathroom walls. The gap between two patio doors was big. The staff were rude and ignorant. They even looked away when I was approaching them at the service desk after they didn't get back to me after hours I had made my request.

The hotel is far from the city center. While it provided free shuttle bus service, it was not only limited, but also unreliable. The shuttle bus didn't even show up one evening and I ended up calling the hotel for it. The staff did apologize for it.

At the time of my booking, I paid about USD170 per night. Compared to the room rate I could find online today, it is at least cut by half. If I paid today's room rate back then, I would at least found it 'acceptable'. Unfortunately, it was the case.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Ignatiev
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

It was out first trip to Lao and we are happy that we choose Le Palais Juliana. The hotel is located outside of Luang Prabang in a green and quiet area with a very nice landscape including ponds with blooming lotuses. There is a big and well maintained swimming pool with Jacuzzi to relax after tours. The hotel rooms are comfortable and spacious with air-conditioning, private balcony, wooden decoration and furniture. The hotel staff is very kind and client oriented. They always smile and ready to help you any time. It is very convenient that even though the hotel is about 20 minutes drive from Luang Prabang there is a free shuttle bus taking the hotel guests to the town and back to the hotel several times a day. The breakfast was good with both western and traditional Lao food. However, the choice of food and drinks at the hotel restaurant for lunch and dinner might be better as well as prices lower. Therefore, most of the hotel guests prefer having lunch and dinner at numerous restaurants in the town where food selection and prices are much more attractive. In general we liked staying at La Palais Juliana and would recommend this place to other tourists visiting Luang Prabang because first of all it is a very good value of money. We would wish to be there again some time in the future.

Room Tip: Ground level rooms are less sunny but have a direct exit to outside. At the same time they do not h...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Le Palais Juliana? Share your experiences!