“expensive and nice change” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Choumkhong Guesthouse

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Luang Prabang
Choumkhong Guesthouse
You added Choumkhong Guesthouse to your Saves list
Ban Xieng Mouane, Old town, Luang Prabang, Laos   |
Ranked #61 of 227 Luang Prabang B&B and Inns
british columbia
“expensive and nice change”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

I arrived in Luang Prabang after the two day boat trip. The Sokhdee, which I stayed in last trip, was full. As I meandered down the roadsm, it was apparent everything seemed booked. Eventually, I walked into Choumkhong which had a vacancy at $30 US. At the late hour, I took the room knowing I would have a great night's sleep, and downgrade next day. It was a peaceful oasis, nice bathroom, superb bed, fresh fuit, all the amenities including a host who made me a cup of coffee.

Room Tip: I was fortunate to have a corner room which included additional French colonial windows.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2010

Stayed at the Choumkhong Guesthouse for 3 nights whilst on a tour of Laos and Cambodia. Couldn't have been happier with my stay.
Choumkhong Guesthouse is quite sweet - tucked up a quiet side street with a gorgeous little balcony at the front. The guesthouse is opposite the lovely Wat Choumkhong and only about a 3 minute walk to the main street of Luang Prabang (and the night market). Guesthouse and room was quite basic, but extremely good value for money (and clean/tidy). Private bathroom was of a good standard.
Owners kept their distance, but were helpful/friendly when required. They provided an extremely cheap (and good) clothes washing service. Air-con was available for a small fee if required.
I absolutely LOVED my 4 days in the picturesque Luang Prabang - now one of my favorite places in the world! Make sure you get to Kouang Si waterfalls - a must see! And staying in this comfortable, simple guesthouse made my stay in Luang Prabang even more enjoyable.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Choumkhong Guesthouse? Share your experiences!