“Friendly, clean, amazing aircon and fan” 5 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Guest house   |   Soukkaseum Road | Ban Khili, Luang Prabang, Laos   |
Ranked #13 of 230 Luang Prabang B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Ko Samui, Thailand
“Friendly, clean, amazing aircon and fan”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

We had a perfect stay, all the staff we so friendly and really helpful. The included breakfast was great, there was a big choice of what to have and it filled us up till dinner. It was beautiful having breakfast overlooking the river. It has been our favourite place so far and we have been away for 2 months! The rooms were perfect relatively small but very clean, the shower was great, we had aircon and a fan which was amazing! there isn't really anything negative to say apart from it was a bit pricey but we are travelling on a budget! also we booked to go to the waterfalls with them which worked out more expensive.

• Stayed April 2014

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Renton, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

Worst AC and wi-fi that I have experienced in my travels. The bed is also a brick. I tried to complain about the AC and the owner just told me that I was operating it wrong and she would come up and have a look at it later. Well, I know how to operate an AC and she never showed.

I went down to cancel the remainder of my reservation and the owner said I would have to go through Agoda. I contact Agoda and they say she's been paid and I need to go through her. She seems nice, but she's very shrewd. I also noted that she had the worst exchange rates in town.
The place is quiet and clean though, and the free breakfast was adequate. It is definitely not worth what they charge though. That brings me back to Agoda. I seem to get a crappy room whenever I book through them.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Chorley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

We only stayed at villa Somphong for 2 nights in February but I would highly recommended this lovely B&B, the owner Noy was very helpful and friendly, she helped us with day trips, laundry and even got us a taxi to another hotel where our friends were staying, breakfast was excellent and I would definitely stay here again

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here whilst travelling a few months in Asia. It's a beautiful town, the location is idyllic you are just down the road from one of the 'must see' wats, lovely cafés bars and a wonderful relaxing amazing place. The staff here were brilliant, there was money exchange, you could book onward travel and breakfast was served on the terrace overlooking the Mekong wow. Also good room service every day. Unfortunately I was unwell during my stay with a throat infection, the staff were very concerned and gave advice, and wanted to help as much as they could. This place was excellent service and value for money. Stay here is my advice!

• Stayed March 2014
benalla
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

We were fortunate to stay at Villa Somphong for a week in December, 2013. The staff were all particularly friendly and caring. The rooms were very clean and tasteful. We enjoyed the view of the street and river from the verandah. Breakfasts were most enjoyable, being served on the banks of the river. The hotel is in a very quiet location, but close to all attractions. The room rates are very good for a hotel of this high quality. We felt so sad to leave and are eagerly looking forward to our next trip.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

Nice room with verandah. Bed ok compared with others in asia. Staff/owner very helpful when any enquiries made. Breakfast very basic. Only western. Quite part of town, but not far to walk to get to busy area.

Room Tip: Ask for room with balcony
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

Agree with the other reviews here. Good, basic quality in the best location away from the noise and bustle of the main 'shopping/eating' area of Sisivangvong, which is just a short walk away. There are two properties side by side (photos show the smarter, larger option) and we were,initially, a little disappointed to find ourselves in the older, smaller property of the two. But the rooms are clean and the bed is comfy and Noy, the manager, is very helpful and friendly. We had no issues with noise and slept well. Breakfast overlooking the river is a lovely way to start the day.

Room Tip: Ensure you know which of the two locations you are booking. The better option is only a few dollar...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Villa Somphong? Share your experiences!