“DON'T MISS THIS PLACE!!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #32 of 156 Restaurants in Luang Prabang
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Pizza, International, Barbecue, Vegetarian
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children, Entertaining clients, Bar scene, Dining on a budget, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dessert, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
“DON'T MISS THIS PLACE!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

This bar & restaurant has it all; nice drinks, great food, good ambience and friendly staff.
On top of this already great package they host a free (donations are appreciated to keep the show free!) ethnic fashion show from Tuesdays through Saturdays at 7pm, followed by a hiphop show. When in Luang Prabang, DON'T MISS THIS PLACE!!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Cristofre, Owner at Hive Bar & Restaurant, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Thanks Micky! Very glad you enjoyed your time at hive! Hope to see you again!!!

• Thai first
Phoenix
“Eclectic place to cool off on warm day”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We stopped off at this interesting bar one afternoon in mid Feb. Music was good and there was a nice breeze on the patio. Inside seemed fairly cool as well for a warm day in L B. We had very quick and friendly service soon after we set down on the front patio. There is a very nice and comfortable back courtyard as well. We ordered a late light lunch that was quite good as well. I had a chicken dish and my son enjoyed a fish dish that he ordered. Our waiter was cheerful and friendly and seem to enjoy practicing his English skills with us. There is a couple of large shady trees in the front patio that kept us cool while we enjoyed the good food, cheerful waiter and the cold beer Lao! Prices were fairly inexpensive and we had a good time while here.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cristofre, Owner at Hive Bar & Restaurant, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you for your review of hive. The hot season is certainly getting upon us, but we were glad you found hive to be a nice place to cool down. We hope you come visit us again soon.
Chester, United Kingdom
“a fantastic evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I watched the fashion show and dancing. Both were really good, top quality enternainment. The fashion show was very interesting and the dancing was really professional. The staff were also very friendly, a few stopped to chat to us for a while which is always lovely.
The food was amazing. I had chips for the first time in 3 weeks and it did not disappoint! And the pizza was so tasty, all done very well.
A great night out for everyone. I went with males and females ranging from 19 to 40 years old and we all really enjoyed our night here.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
We are happy that your group enjoyed the entertainment at hive – being able to offer this to our customers is our pride and joy. I’m also glad we could help you with your chips and pizza craving. Welcome back anytime.
Totnes
“Best night out in Luang Prabang”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We really were not sure what to expect here.
What a surprise!!!
The food was great and the beer COLD. Ad the music .... WOW!!!
The nightly fashion show displayed the different traditional and modern hilltribe costumes and the smiling models were fabulous. The break dance show was just amazing.
I can not recommend this place enough. If you are lucky enough to make it to Luang Prabang then don't miss this place.
Our 13 year old boy loved it as much as us.
Beautiful garden and art instalments.
I could go on and on about this place. Find out for yourself.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for your great review of hive. We don’t want to be the best kept secret in Luang Prabang but we always love hearing customers express their positive surprise with their experience with us. We hope you and your family come back to visit us again soon.
Winnipeg, Canada
“Hive Bar & Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I have alot to say but only have 100 words. I will try a P2 if I can. I went to L.P. to visit friends & I was there over a week. I visited the Hive almost everyday, day & evenings. The atmosphere is very good due to the friendly staff & the owner, Troy, is from Canada too, & we had alot in common. The daily fashion show is more for the ladies whereas I really enjoyed the Hip/Hop(break dancing) where these kids are amazingly talented; especially the one who was doing move/jumps using only 1 hand. The food is Asian & Western. I like Asian but I REALLY liked their SMOKED meat menu. I mean hamburger, bacon, pulled pork, ribs, etc. Troy custom built their SMOKER. He has a restaurant background & changed the menu when he took over last fall.
One day I met a lady there and another day I met a boat capt there. I will try a P2; its really good.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
It was great having you visit hive. We always love seeing fellow Canadians. Too bad tripadvisor didn’t give you 200 words. Glad you enjoyed the food so much. We are very proud to be able to offer a truly unique product in Luang Prabang – we are the only restaurant in town offering ribs, burgers, fish, and chicken that is smoked in house using local hardwoods. It takes a lot of work but we think it is worth it.