The previous review pretty much sums up everything I have to say about Manichan Guesthouse: conveniently located in the back alley with the city’s highlights within walking distance, super friendly and helpful hosts, yummy breakfast, clean rooms with modern bathrooms (and so so water pressure), plus surprisingly good wifi.
Belgian owner Peter, who back home used to run his own restaurant for more than ten years is an excellent chef. Try his homemade tamarind marmelade, eggs any style or the crepe – all delicious! And I much enjoyed the bantering with him. His wife Linda and the two kids are just adorable. Transport to the sites will be arranged for on request.
The pittoresque courtyard framed by herbs and flowers with its large table is an excellent place for a single traveller to meet nice people from all over. I stayed in Room #6, a double-room with private bath at the far end of the courtyard, probably the quietest room.
Upon arrival I checked in for 2 nights. And ended up staying for 6 days because I liked it so much. Hope to be back one day!
- Also Known As:
- Guesthouse Manichan Hotel Luang Prabang
- Guesthouse Manichan Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- New family middle priced guesthouse in "Lao-Colonial" style house, centrally located near the night market and the morning market. Nine clean homey feel decorated rooms in a green, peaceful environment. Free coffee/tea/water corner. Free Wifi or internet. Free map and travel information. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda so you can book your Guesthouse Manichan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.