After spending one night accross the Nam Khan in in Luang Prabang, we decided that it would be worthwhile to be right in the historic center given it's charm and plethora of things to do. After a little searching, we found The Chang Heritage Hotel along its nice location right next to the river. We got a "special deal" from the manager paying about $140 per night for three nights. A bit pricey for SE Asia, but the place was nice and the hotel fairly empty. The room was spacious, with balcony and many windows that made up for the dark interior. The location was actually pretty low key. Lots of foot traffic and occassional bikes, tuk tuks, etc.. Around 10 pm, the Karakoe accross the river started. Around midnight, we proceeded to close all windows, shutters and curtains. The music turned louder as it got later and came right through all layers. Around 2 am, we started to be out of our minds. We gave it another try. The next night, the music went until 4 am! Around 3 am, my husband got dressed and walked the streets figuring out exactly where the music became inaudible. The next morning, we found ourselves a new guesthouse on the Mekong side of town. We paid $50 a night and experienced blissful quiet nights, except ... for the nearby Vat's drums at 4 am. But that was certainly cool after a good night's sleep. My advise, book only for one night or keep the right to move out early. The noise laws appear not to be applicable for any establishment accross the river from the north end of town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Owned and operated under the new management, Burasari Group. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Despegar.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your The Chang Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Chang Hotel Luang Prabang
- Chang Hotel Luang Prabang