TRAVEL ALERT: SECURITY CONCERNS More info

Pearl Continental Hotel Karachi
Club Road | P.O. Box 8513, Karachi, Pakistan   |
Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Karachi
Singapore, Singapore
“Pleasant experience beyond expectations”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

Being my first time in Karachi, I did not expect much from the hotel, seeing the condition of the place. However, I was pleasantly surprised the moment I reached Jinnah International Airport. Our chauffeur was on time and already waiting for us, and safely drove us back to the hotel through the chaotic traffic!

Security at the hotel is superb, so no need to worry about safety here.

We were immediately greeted with warm welcome after going through the security clearance, and had no issue with the check in. I was travelling with another person and we were initially given two rooms on separate floors, but they quickly helped us to get two adjacent rooms at no extra cost!

Facilities were great, and all the hotel restaurants had superb food, especially the steak at the steakhouse! The only issue was that the restaurants opened a bit too late relative to travelers, they only open at 7.30pm. Luckily, we were allowed to stay at the lounge till dinner time. Breakfast buffet had a good variety of spread, from porridge to bread and the like. Room service also had a large variety of food, though they did take a bit long to arrive. But the food was still hot and fresh, so not much of an issue here unless you are starving. They even have a separate room service menu for those cravings past midnight.

The hotel also has some shops such as gift shops, pharmacy and a jewelry shop in case you would like to do some quick shopping but do not want to leave the hotel.

Now for the negative issues.
One was that the pool was quite cold, as it was an indoor pool in the basement. Gym was well equipped, on the other hand.
Next, the toilet bathtub was not properly cleaned as it still had some stains on the bathtub. I got some itches following a bath, which could also have been due to the water. (Water in Pakistan is not potable!)
Also, I was staying in a Smoking room and there were signs of abuse of hotel goods, such as cigarette burn marks on the blankets and mattresses and carpets. Not the fault of the hotel, but worth noting.
Lastly, service is great but sometimes it did feel a bit intrusive. For example, I was taking a nap at 9am when the door rang for housekeeping. I have never had any hotel interrupt for housekeeping at 9am, even if I did not put the "Do Not Disturb" sign out! The housekeeper should have known that it was a booked room and should have coordinated it with the hotel staff to touch up on the room at a later time.

Overall, I was still very satisfied with my stay here despite some hiccups, and I will not hesitate to stay here or recommend this place to others. Great hotel with excellent food, service and staff overall.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
PearlContinental, General Manager at Pearl Continental Hotel Karachi, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear Hosung,

Many thanks for taking time to write a review on the site. I am glad to know that your perception was surprisingly changed on landing.

Our top priority is guest safety and it is very pleasant to know that you were satisfied with our security arrangements. Our staff is very happy to read your comments on food in restaurants and room service.

We are in process of upgrading our gym to fulfill guest requirements.

I have taken note of your concerns regarding room and its amenities. I have specially instructed housekeeping department to ensure that it is not repeated with any of our valued guests.

I am grateful that your overall stay was good and thank you for recommending our hotel to the online community.

I am sure that we will have the honor to serve you on your future visits to Karachi.

Muhammad A. Azeem Qureashi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Individual experiences may not be similar, ups & downs comes everywhere but solution is setting good examples by improving those issues that comes in ways.

I am Coming & Staying at Hotel PC Karachi for almost Ten past years and Always observe consistent improvement in all regards, from Airport Pick up, to Hotel Reception and straight to designated rooms, everything is professionally well organized, well coordinated, well planned and Above all Extra Ordinary Services from the each and every hotel staff with highly professional way.
Must Appreciate PC Karachi's Captain "Mr. Muhammad Azeem Qureshi" under his supervision PC Karachi is Unanimously progressing towards peeks of Success in the hotel chain industry.
My Vote will remain EXCELLENT for PC Karachi.

Room Tip: for city view go for higher floors. corner suites are spacious and wonderful.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
PearlContinental, General Manager at Pearl Continental Hotel Karachi, responded to this review, May 31, 2014
Dear Mr. Shahzada,

It is indeed a pleasure to read your review on the site, thank you very much for sharing your views regarding our hotel.

We are focused to provide seamless comfort and satisfaction to our guests and I am happy to read that you found our services professionally organized and well coordinated. Thank you very much for your vote of confidence in our hotel.

I am sure that you will find our hotel with same level of service and product on your future visits also.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

During my 10 days stay in PC Karachi in room # 429 I was comfortable and enjoyed a lot. All the concerned staff was co-operative, efficient and very humble. Room services were very good. Food was delicious at Chandni and Tai Pan and breakfast at Marco Polo. Special to mention about the staff are Fawad Siddiqui AFOM and Shariq Javaid GRO, who were very co-operative and accommodating.

DR. Naeem Asghar Khan
AMS (Additional Medical Superintendent) Jinnah Hospital Lahore
Participant (International Course on Hospital Management For East Mediterranean Countries) 12-20 May 2014.

Dear Dr. Khan,

Many thanks for taking time to write a review. It is very pleasant to know that your room was comfortable and you like our room service and food in restaurants. I am sure that the service provided during your stay and conference was up to the mark.

Our staff is also happy to read you nice comments about them.

I am sure that you will also have the same level of comfort during your next visit to Karachi. Our staff will be happy to serve you.

Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

Stayed for 7 nights and made bkgs with Asim Javeed from reception and spoke to Nadeem Elahi at Hashoo group about my loss of card and was told my lost card would be ready upon checking in. Nadeem Elahi demanded my Visa card number which I stupidly gave as he had to charge a loss card fee .
Upon checking in , no card was ready , and reception staff did not know nor wanted to help with the problem !! No apology , explanation or investigation was made and no managers were contactable .Two of the managers , Mr Fawad and Mr Kumar ( called me after 4 days) listened to my problem , promised they would look into the problem but there was no follow up at all. Have stayed in other PCs in Pakistan and this is no match and I am completely surprised at the 5 star rating!!!
No coffee/tea facilities in the room as advertised which was a complete shock and the rooms have a mini fridge which is locked !!!
The state of the rooms are frightful as the curtains and sofa feel dirty and tables seriously need a wipe down with strong antiseptic . Telephones in the room would not work for about 3 hours a day and I had to always call reception front the lift lobby helpline !! 5 star indeed !!
If you read the reviews , there is always a promise that they would like to do better if you return , BUT I was there for 8 days and the GM , Mr Muhamed Azeem Qureashi should have look into my case while I was still there . I was very patient and was hoping that someone would give me some answers BUT no one bothered for 8 days !!!
The only 2 staff who were sincerely looking after guests were 2 waiters by the name of Mr Prem and Mr Sarfraz from the restaurant . They cared for their guests professionally and the front office can certainly learn a lot from their warm and approachable demeanor.
Mrs S S

Room Tip: Demand for bedroom slippers as the carpets are dirty!!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
PearlContinental, General Manager at Pearl Continental Hotel Karachi, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Dear SShaks,

Your observations and remarks have been noted with great concern. We are investigating the complaints and assure you that on your next visit you will definitely find improvements. Please do let me know of your next visit so that we can make your stay comfortable.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for all the inconvenience faced by you during your last stay with us.

Please feel free to contact me for any assistance, I am just a phone call away

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

The reception staff need more training in welcoming and acknowledging guests. However Mr Malik, front office manager more than makes up for this. He was attentive to our needs and ensured our stay was comfortable. Just like to mention the security is well maintained.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
PearlContinental, General Manager at Pearl Continental Hotel Karachi, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Dear Mr. Oskan,

Thank you very much for writing a review on the site. Your comments have given me an opportunity to look in to the area where we can further develop.

I am happy to read your nice comments about Mr. Malik, surely he looks after the guests very well.

I am sure that you will have the same secure feeling and comfortable stay with us on the next visit to Karachi as well.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

Booked two executive rooms as we had some work to do in Karachi. Great experience, fantastic and friendly staff, and very comfortable. Will definitely stay at the hotel again in future and would recommend it to overseas visitors.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
PearlContinental, General Manager at Pearl Continental Hotel Karachi, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Dear Silvsiara,

Many thanks for taking time to write a review on the site. We are doing our best to provide comfortable stay to our guests and your comments are in support of our efforts.

Thank you very much for your recommendation. I look forward to have you stayed at Pearl Continental Karachi on your next visit.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

The PC in Karachi is very well secured. Round the building they put three high containers to protect the guests. The rooms are a bit outdated, but nice. They have a very good Japanese restaurant and a western styled beef restaurant on the 10th floor. Excellent food and enjoyable.
One of the best hotels in Karachi.

Room Tip: The best booking is on the execetive floors 7-8-9
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
PearlContinental, General Manager at Pearl Continental Hotel Karachi, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Dear Mr. Jan,

Thank you very much for writing a review on the site. Guest security is our top priority, and I am glad to know that you like our arrangements in this regard.

It is my pleasure to inform that our room renovation plan is in progress and it will be completed in a couple of months. I am confident that the new look will give more pleasant feeling and comfort to the guest.

Our Japanese restaurant “Sakura” is a theme restaurant and is famous for its food and ambiance. “Jason Steak House” is the most authentic western style restaurant is the city and has become talk of the town.

I am sure that you will have the same pleasant stay with us on the next visit to Karachi.

Muhammad A. Azeem Qureashi

Been to Pearl Continental Hotel Karachi? Share your experiences!