TRAVEL ALERT: SECURITY CONCERNS More info

Ranked #21 of 22 attractions in Lahore
Type: Game/ Entertainment Centers
Attraction Details
Lahore, Pakistan
“Management and Staff at Xpark Sucks!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

One of my friends organized a get together, the venue, after our obligatory debate and discussion, X park. I, having never been there before, did not know what to expect but the activities, as narrated by my friend, sounded promising.

I picked up a friend, another fellow resident of defense, and we decided using our bike was the better option considering the rough traffic, tight roads and the fact that we were only a few miles off from our destination.

We expected this place to be better situated than what we discovered. A barn with exceedingly surplus cow [--] and unmistakable farm stench lied just adjacent to the amusement park entrance welcoming us to our venue. So far we were not "amused".

We drove up to the park gate and asked the guards if it was in fact open since there were no lights or vehicles to state otherwise. Their attire, and i only mention this due to events that follow, plain shalwar kameez, punjabi language and no common courtesy let alone respect, to a prospective customer. Their reply , in punjabi of course"yes it is open but you can not enter with a bike, it is not up to our standards"

The blatant delivery of the sentence to my face was enough to aggravate me but i held my own. We decided to park outside and enter on foot.

The guards once again denied access stating that it was not the vehicle it was us that they deemed low standard since we arrived on a bike.

By this time i was thoroughly mad but plainly asked to be directed to their manager. We got a phone number and placed the call. Explaining, for no reason of merit, that we were university graduates just here to have a good saturday with friends, i began inquiring why this sub standard policy was in effect? His reply was no better than those illiterate guards, who i do not blame, the manager stated "our guidelines state that we can not allow you in the park and our standards have to be fulfilled."

Trying to reason with him proved pointless, even the fact that we were well educated and cultured students and that we had friends arriving in a short while with their cars, did not elevate our "standard" in his view... I decided to give him a piece of my mind finally before deciding to leave

Visited April 2013

Doha, Qatar
7 attraction reviews
“Good place for adventure.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012 via mobile

Go carts, rock climbing and atvs. Good stuff for children, teenagers and youngsters.

Lahore
3 attraction reviews
“Go-Karting lovers don't miss this!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2012 via mobile

It's got Go Karting, rock climbing, and ATV bikes. You'll love it. Good crowd, good snacks and great service. Don't miss this!