“Very nice” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #14 of 79 restaurants in Mandalay
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A short walk from Red Canal Hotel but take a torch as limited street lighting. A great bistro style restaurant serving a large range if European (Try the Beef steak or fish and chips) and Asian food, main courses K5000 – K7000. A good selection of French and Australian wine starting from K12,500 per bottle. Fun atmosphere with fast friendly service. Busy on the nights we were there with mainly a younger local crowd so get there early for a table.
FLA
“Very nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

We had dinner here one night after a hard day of touring. Varied menu with western dishes. Amazed at the local upperclass which frequent the establishment. Appears that the youg crowd go there to be seen as well as to enjoy the fine food.. Food, drink and service was very good!

69% Recommend
  • Thai first
New York City, New York
“3 nights in Mandalay - we ate dinner here twice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Well-run restaurant that provides both Western and Asian options. Lots of good choices... I especially liked the mutton barbecue and my son liked the steak. Great mashed potatoes! I would bet that the Asian choices were great, though we didn't have an opportunity to try those. Also, an excellent variety of drinks available, both alcoholic and non. Two dining areas - one for smokers and one non-smoking. Nicely designed. Good service with attentive waiters. Good mix of mostly local Mandalay people with some tourists sprinkled in [take into account that we were there in the "low" tourist season]. Located adjacent to the Palace on the Eastern side, not too far from Mandalay Hill. I recommend you try it!

Miami, Florida
“Really surprised by the good reviews.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

We tried this restaurant because it was near our hotel and was rated fairly high on Trip Advisor. I ordered the fish and chips and whether it was the fish that was bad or the copious amount of grease that puddled on my plate, this was the only time during three weeks in SE Asia that I got sick. Not one person in our party of four ate more than half their dishes; even the drinks were below average. This is a place which clearly tries to cater to western tourists, with "Flavoured Cappuccino" selections such as blueberry and raspberry, and a diner-themed decor and menu. The staff was pleasant, which, frankly, saves this place from a "terrible" rating.

Brisbane, Australia
“Our favorite place in Mandalay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

We loved this place and as previously mentioned thought it was just a place for snacks. But no, it's a terrific Restauraunt with a full and extensive menu. We had great hamburgers there for lunch and then returned for an ice cream snack after a visit to the Mandalay Palace.

We decided to go there for our last meal in Mandalay and my husband loved the Lobster Thermidor for $8 US.

Great spot, great service, great air con! highly recommended

Visited July 2013
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
“Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I've eaten here twice during my stay in Mandalay and both times have been great. I admit after reading about the fish and chips in a previous review I tried them and they're great, so good I've eaten them both times. The service is also great. Clearly this isn't the cheapest place to eat in town but sometimes you just want a taste of something familiar. Both times I've eaten there I've been given a plate of complimentary fruit at the end of the meal too. Lovely place.

• Visited July 2013