We stayed for two nights in Queen Hotel in January 2012. Since the hotel was part of a package deal, I do not know how much we paid per night (though overall and from what I understood, hotel prices in general were absurdly high this Christmas season – so I’m guessing this hotel was over-priced as well).
Overall impression: Hotel is a disappointment
• Free (and quite good) wifi in lobby (not in rooms)
• Close to a main commercial street with night market and some super markets
• 2 complimentary water bottles
• Safe to walk at night (though only eateries frequented by locals close by)
• Extremely small and basic room (only room for one night stand)
• Dirty blankets
• Torn curtains
• Bathroom appears not clean
• Water pressure extremely low
• Insufficient towels (but they bring you more if you ask)
• No safe in room; only a few individual safes in lobby – and when we asked for one, all were taken
• Breakfast is nothing special (and do not expect yoghurt or cheese) – the omelet you are served is in a mini-format, unless you ask for it to be ‘large’
So, overall: would not stay there again if I could help it (and would most definitely not pay anything above 30 Euro).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Queen is your second home . ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Queen Mandalay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.