“Unbelievably-I don't recommend” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 39 Hotels in Sousse
Belgrade, Serbia
“Unbelievably-I don't recommend”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I stayed in this hotel in June, fortunately, I booked only one week. I chose ALL INCLUSIVE, but it didn't mean much to most of the staff in this hotel. They tried to charge me everything what is included in ALL INCLUSIVE. Juice in the restaurant, cotton mattress, which is nonsense, on the beach they have plastic and cotton mattress, and boys tried to convince me that there is a difference and that I have to pay. Room maid didn't clean my room 4 days. She lied that I put "don't disturb" ( 4 days ????). Actually she wants to be payed in advance, every day, to clean our rooms. Most of the guests from my group told me that they did it. I informed the reception, that did not pay attention firstly, but, since I was persistent to report these things after 2 days they reacted and talked to the head room maid. Nevertheless, my room wasn't cleaned after. I decided to inform the manager about this.He was polite and promised that I won't have problems with my room any more. And, that ALL INCLUSIVE guests don't pay for this what I was told to pay. But... Everything repeated next day on the beach. The boys there explained that they know better about the thing on the beach, although I told them that I spoke with the manager. When they face facts, and you show the bill that you really payed something what you don't have to pay they start with " oh, I didn't understand you". Of course , there is no need to understand you for these things because you have the sign ALL INCLUSIVE on your arm.
This happened many times every day, and not to mention that it is the same in the city. Every step you make somebody will try to sell you something and to cheat you. But, in the hotel ????
These people are allowed to do that, because they repeat that and they don't care about the manager and the reception.
I traveled with Kon Tiki, Serbia. Their answer was that it is the folklore of Tunisia. Cheating in the hotel, your hotel, every day and everywhere is the folklore of Tunisia???
And don't take taxi. There is a little touristic train which drives every 30 minutes. Nobody will tell you that. Maybe your guide/representative, receptionists "don't know" about that. Our guide didn't even mention that. It is clearly solidarity with taxi drivers which will charge you 2-3 times more for a drive.

Room Tip: Check which room you will get. There are two or three wings in the hotel. One is terrible, the secon...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Polish first
Mullingar, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Location is great as its close to everywhere, hotel has its own private lovely beach. Swimming pool with the water slides awesome! WiFi in reception area could improve as it was hard to connect few times. Breakfast was absolutely good choice of everything... The food in 2 restaurants (beside the pool and beside the beach) was lovely and they give you always (tunisian yummi yummi) starter for free. It only shows what a hospitality is in this hotel!!! Rooms in new block are modern and clean. Staff, barmains, enterteiners really nice and helpful. Would recommend that hotel for 100%!!! It's fantastic!!! Greetings from 2 polish girls!!! Dziękuję ! Thank You شكرا

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Budapest, Hungary
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Our room was noisy and full of mosquitos but it was a good holiday. Helpful staff and good catering.
A lot of children and a lot of russian guests.
The beach was clean. Mattress for 2 TDN/person.
The hotel's location is very good. I recommend it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Moscow, Russia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I was in this hotel for10 days the only one think is good in this hotel is the bar and we like to say thanks for all the bar man .I was in the shop in the hotel other is 1 old men he speak so bad whit USS and he is so expansive you can go about side to the hotel you get whit the half prise and if you need sun bad you have to pay for it the room is not clean the hotel is so dirty we will never come back to this hotel

Room Tip: I sad to the ather guest that hotel is not good
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Transylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Good sides:
- swimming pools with toboggans, free of charge
- decent food

Bad sides:
- the rooms are terrible cold. No carpet on the floor, just tiles. Everything is made of tiles in the room
- on oldish specific smell
- poor internet access; it got better outside, on the balcony
- only 1 electric socket supply, so you cannot charge 2 devices at once without an adapter
- a looooong way from the elevators to our room *(340), in the NOT renewed part of the hotel

Room Tip: At the beginning we were gave a ground floor room, so everyone could jump up in our balcony and into...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Tipperary, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Hotel was pretty nice, at the seaside, with a big swimming pool plus a few slides, the room was well equipped & clean. We chose HB and was happy about it. However the atmosphere of the place & stuff was something else. The stuff was unpleasant & not very helpful, especially at reception mostly speaking French & Arabic. Apart from that everywhere we moved people tried to force you to spend money on the things which we did not want, which was very disturbing and really annoying. It was just funny that these street merchants outside of hotel - they were able to speak almost all languages, where as in the hotel was mostly Arabic & French...
The only really kind person I met there was Layla - this lady performed really nice spa treatment - and this will be the only positive memory from that place & would recommend to anyone! Although she only spoke Arabic & French - I could feel her positive energy!
Overall - I felt a bit disappointed and I am sure I will never go back to this place again - ever!

Room Tip: If you like to leave the windows open - dont pick the rooms at the ground floor, as you may find a l...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Alvechurch, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Just home from six nights in a cheap but good hotel, Le Marabout. I always like getting to the room to get the unpacking done then you can relax. The room was nice, tiled floor a twin bed and small bathroom. It was tidy and good space for hanging clothes. We found the all/inclusive package was such good value, the bar was never too busy and the bar guy was friendly to everyone. Meal times were set with common sense in mind, breakfast being a long slot, handy for a lie in. Having the beach just at the end of the garden is a treat and will look for that again. Liked the people and the country.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Le Marabout Hotel? Share your experiences!