“Lovely long weekend break in Cesar's Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Cesar Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Bvd 14 Janvier, Sousse 4031, Tunisia   |
Ranked #15 of 39 hotels in Sousse
Hammam Sousse, Tunisia
“Lovely long weekend break in Cesar's Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

Spent 2 nights in this hotel meeting up with friends staying there for one week. The accommodation is first class. Rooms spacious, very comfortable and extremely well fitted and furnished with the best quality items I've seen here. I asked for tea/coffee making facilities and was given them ( they are available on request because previous guests stole them!!) Staff were really helpful and courteous and overall it was kept really clean. The food was varied and plentiful and I had breakfast and dinner there in the Zanzibar restaurant. Great hotel, centrally located at a reasonable price. Would highly recommend.

Room Tip: Quieter rooms are on the Casino side on higher floors.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

20 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Turkish first
Sousse, Tunisia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

I'm at the hotel, bored in bed writing a rewiev. Ok positive first. Furniture, rooms and bathroom are very nice. The cleaning lady is not very active.. She just sweeps around. The whole area has a bad air and water. The water is full of chlorine - which gives a disgusting feeling and smell (not the fault of the hotel) But the fault of the hotel is to serve tea and coffee made of this disgusting tap water. Sounds ridiculously but I highly recommend to take a water boiling electric jar to make your own tea and instant coffee or just drink water from bottles bought outside. The staff doesn't speak German and their English is very poor. They try to be nice, all the time try to help you carry your luggage and stuff - only with one goal - begging for tips all the time. All of them just keep begging everywhere outside also. I learned to ask "what you want" once some tunnesian comes to me right away. Room card doesn't work every day so I walk from the not opening door to the reception, breakfast is all tasteless. No fruits just bread and tasteless wannabe mozzarella every day. The biggest problem is a disco or bar which is directly under the hotel. I'm not someone who goes to bed at 9.. But it's so loud the whole hotel is shaking till 4 am EVERY DAY. now I lie in bed watching Arabic tv - forgot to mention - no single English channel and hope that the unable wannabe Beyonce from the reception who doesn't understand English or german manages to order our already paid airport transport for tomorrow..
Wish everybody coming here good luck and lot of patience.. Cheers
Jenny

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

The hotel is modern, well kept, the rooms are very large and comfortable. I was really impressed with the professionalism of one of the receptonists, a young gentleman whose name I think is Ahmed (forgive my spelling if it's wrong), not just because his English was excellent (which is a rarity in Tunisia!) but he was really helpful and knowledgeable, again something not to be taken for granted, in Tunisia.. I found the rest of the staff polite and pleasant too, even if they didn't overdo. All in all, I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel (3 nights), the room is newly furnished and a more than decent size. You can rent a safety box (in the bedroom) for 3 TND per day (just above a pound). The only bad part of my stay was the food in the restaurant ... I had dinner included and I only went once but really it was bad!!!! I am not going to say much more about it, but to give you a clue, I wasn't feeling very well the next day, and I had to visit the toilet quite often for all the wrong reasons - I have eaten everywhere in Tunisia, even in streetside eateries where they only speak Arabic and it's always been good or at least I was not sick afterwards. The rest ... the hotel mainly caters for Arab families, there were lots of (I believe) Lybians and other Arabs, so I felt a little out of place being the only person whose first language wasn't Arabic, but OK I can speak fluent French (or sort of), so I got by easily. I would stay again, definitely, but eat elsewhere!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

We stayed in Cesar for a night only but that was enough to see how poorly this hotel is managed. It all began with the registration at the reception desk: Two hotel employees that seemed to be more of an obstacle to each other than help. It took them ages to find out which room we should get and give us the key cards although we had booked well in advance. The said key cards did not work so we had to go back and forth several times between the room and the reception. The staff did not seem to know what they were doing and they were not very friendly. Once in the room, we found out that there is no WiFi in the room, the street side room was very noisy (the back side was not better as there was a wedding going on in the house next door), the bed was so hard it resembled more a wooden plank than a mattress. The TV is so far away from the bed that you can hardly use it. We asked a tour operator who lives and works in Sousse later and he told us that you should not pay more than 60 TND for this kind of standard. All in all I strongly advise anybody to avoid this hotel unless you cant find anything else.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Monastir, Tunisia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel,real 4 star.Rooms are very nice and clean. Staff is polite and great. Very nice restaurant on top of hotel with beautiful view. Only complain that I have is noise from ventilation and very hard mattresses.

• Stayed August 2013
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

disaster holiday amir palace double booked so we were sent here wonderful staff could not do enough for us meals where excellant and varied you could also request different foods staff very attentive and helpful spacious and well decorated rooms rooms cleaned daily to a high standard thank you you saved our holiday

Room Tip: all rooms same high quality
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Cesar Hotel? Share your experiences!