I've just returned from this hotel after 2 wonderful weeks. I wish I was still there. Myself and my bfriend booked this holiday in February as a cheap deal. Neither of us had been to Tunisia before. We were all inclusive. We really didnt know what to expect. This is what we feel about the hotel:
RECEPTION: When we first arrived at the hotel in reception we were some what a little surprised. I think in my mind I was expecting something a little bit more modern. The hotel decor etc may seem a little bit old fashioned, but remember you are in North Africia not a Premier Inn in a UK city. The decor is traditionally North African styled and is very very clean. The more I was in reception the more I really liked it. Me and my bfriend got some good photos around the reception sitting area with all the lovely chandeliers and fancy seats.
RECEPTION BAR: Again very North African styled decor. The staff are very very friendly. If you are all inclusive you can get free bottled water which saved us a fortune. By the end of the holiday the staff remember what you drink and as soon as they see you at the bar they will automatically get the drinks. The wine is very nice!! When you are all inclusive you have to sign for the drinks. Some people on this site have complained about this. To me I can't see the problem as it takes 2 secs. I found the all inclusive cocktail list to be short, but to be honest I was quite happy with the wine and spirits available.
POOL AREA: Very clean and loads and loads of sunbeds available throughout the day. This means no getting up at 6am to get sunbeds which I thought was a bonus. A new bar is being built, but its away from the pool area and there is no noise. Some people on this site have referred to this a a 'building site' but I have to disagree completely. The building of this new bar will NOT affect your holiday at all. There are waiters around the pool who will collect you drinks- remember to tip them and they will look after you :). As some people have posted the indoor pool is closed at the moment, but to be honest I have to ask the question why would you want to swim in a indoor swimming pool whilst in a lovely hot country? Surely you can do that back in England?! The outdoor pool is big and very relaxing. You will not miss the indoor pool at all.
PRIVATE BEACH AREA: What a bonus!! I've never stopped at a hotel which had its own private beach area. Again loads of beds available throughout the day completely free of charge. There is also a beach bar where you can get free soft drinks and beer if you are all inclusive. Some people on this site have complained about having to cross a busy road to get to the beach area. OK, this is true, but the hotel isnt on the beach its less than 5 mins walk away! How else are you supposed to get to the beach? Fly! Of course not.
FOOD AND THE RESTAURANT: As we were all inclusive we had three meals a day. There is a great choice of food. The waiting on staff will brings drinks to you and are constantly checking with you to make sure you are OK. To me this is a fab service. You do stay sitting at the same table for the duration of the holiday. I cant believe people have complained about this. I dont see the problem with this. The food is always fresh and cooked in olive oil. To be honest Tunisia is famous for exporting olives so this is something which I expected. We always went to get food as soon as the restaurant opened as we found the food to be hotest then. This is something which I strongly recommend.
1) Breakfast: Don't expect an 'English fry up,' However there is lots to choose from and you can have eggs cooked to your liking. I have seen comments complaining about the cereal choice. OK it isnt 'Kellog's' but again remember you are in Africa!
2) Lunch: ACE!!! Loads and loads to choose from. Desserts also available and there is always at least two fruits to choose from.
3) Dinner: EVEN BETTER THAN LUNCH!!!! There is a bigger selection of dishes available. There is going to be something you like. I am a fussy eatter and I enjoyed my meal every night. Fresh pizza is cooked in front of you and tastes nicer than Pizza Hut! Also whilst we were there Thursday night was Tunisian night and there were some traditional Tunisian foods which were nice. Again loads of desserts to choose from and the waiter will bring you ice cream (of different flavours) if you ask.
DAY ENTERTAINMENT: Lots around the pool including water gym, darts and polo!! I was too relaxed to get involved to be honest, but those involved seemed to be enjoying themselves.
NIGHT ENTERTAINMENT: There is something on every night except Sunday when the entertainment team get a well deserved break. I think the entertainment is what you make it. The more you get involved the more enjoyable you will find it. We found the night time to be very relaxing which is something we both wanted. There are bars and clubs outside the hotel if you want something more lively.
THE ROOM: Whilst we were there the carpets were in the process of being replaced. To be honest the carpets didnt look the best, but who cares!! When you have a gorgeous view to look at why look at the carpets. When we first got to the room I was expecting a little bit more modernisation, but again I reminded myself of the location of the hotel. We had a sea/pool view- it was gorgeous. The rooms are cleaned every day and new towels are given every day. To me this is excellent. The maids will also work around the times you are in your room. The room we had was also spacious. There is a coloured TV in the room and a fridge. I wasnt expecting this. We did have a couple of problems with the room during the first few days:
1) The sink was blocked: We informed reception and it was dealt with very very fast. Problem sorted :) :)
2) We had a problem with the toilet: We informed the rep and it was dealt with the next day. Problem sorted :) :). We were also given a bowl of fruit as a sorry gesture.
I would strongly suggest to people if you have a complaint tell a member of staff. They will deal with it and they will deal with it fast. The two examples above are evidence of this.
OTHER POINTS: Defo take a visit to the 'Rose and Crown' which is in the shopping centre belonging to the hotel. There is a member of staff who works there every night who is very pleasant and very very friendly. We had to pay for drinks in this pub, but to be honest we hardly spent any money during the day so we didnt object.
I would defo defo return to this hotel. The staff are very friendly and will do anything for you. They work very very hard. If you have a problem make sure you tell a member of staff. They will sort it for you. I would recommend this hotel for anyone :) :) :) !!!!!!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotels.com and Despegar.com so you can book your Tej Marhaba Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Tej Marhaba
- Tej Marhaba Sousse