“Cheap and cheerful Not a luxury but great for people on a budget” 3 of 5 stars

You added Dreams Beach Hotel to your Saves list
Dreams Beach Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Route de la Plage, Sousse 4011, Tunisia   |
Ranked #29 of 39 Hotels in Sousse
“Cheap and cheerful Not a luxury but great for people on a budget”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

I just returned back on the 14/01/2013
We were a group of friends who just wanted somewhere to stay as we tend to go out most of the days.
The weather was cooler but if u like us who like to sight see and meet local people and enjoy great fresh food and air.
It's also cheaper then paying for a hotel in the city for Hotels
Resort: Sousse
The beech is on ur door step with looking unto sea.
We visited the ground mosque
in Kairouan and the Mosque of Sidi Sahbi (Mosque of the Barber)
A must to see for muslims!

companion who travelled with the Prophet Mohammed PBUH!

They coffee is fab! The people are soooo great and welcoming and taxi are cheap too!
I would go back it was a great place!
Shopping try the markets of medina
Great deals to have if u like haggling or u can visit the store near by which has fixed prices.

Ladies: bags well we found one shop which was the best in media as u enter u will see it. Sorry forgot the name of shop!
Again haggle the guys were a great!
We purchased few bags to say the least lol and got great deals plus a cup of coffee few times. On the house!

• Stayed January 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Hastings, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

All transport to the hotel was fine...then things changed for the worst...reception was cold thats peoples welcome and the temp;was as cold as England..Room just about ok but a lick of paint and cockroach spray would not have gone amiss...no entertainment...both pools empty and closed...apart from 2 deck chairs in the outdoor pool....breakfast and dinner cold in minutes...street outside hotel full of rubbish,as was the beach entrance...all property belonging to hotel on beach was closed & needed a clean up...staff! what staff.....had i been staying longer i would have insisted on a move ..just as anouther couple did after 2 days of misery...In 50 years of travel..this was the worst hotel i,ve ever had the misfortune to stay at.......avoid by all cost......

Room Tip: Check with trip advisor before you travel!!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Grays Thurrock, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I was in this Hotel in November. Sadly I was booked for 2 weeks. Dreams Beach has got to be the worst hotel I've ever stayed in. The food was so bad another couple staying at the hotel were going in the kitchen and organising their own food. I've seen a cat walking across the hotplate where the food is. . He must have known the hotplates didn't work hence the cold food we shared. Bread was so old it had green mould. The hotel was full of Tunisian workers who were brought in to worked in the local car factory. That would have been no problem apart from the fact we were not allowed in the restaurant until they had all finished their meal. Be aware of the sleeze who works selling treatments in the sauna. He is more interested in befriending the guest in an inappropriate way. Altogether a dismal place to spend your holiday!!!

Room Tip: Stay away from the spa!!
Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Blackpool, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

thank you(topshotclaybuster) my friend and i stayed here oct 2012 for a month yes a month in this god forbidden place, we hired a fridge that was disgusting,we had to buy bleach to clean it before use,(kept shorting electrics )we refused to pay for it. oh and as for not getting hold of manager my friend finally collered him day before we came home.Like previous writer been to tunisia many many times,we also had tummy bugs. The food was always cold, chicken red and bloody and once the bread at breakfast was mouldy. My friend had a word with restaurent manager about jam etc been out uncovered.we ate out at a local eattery for 3weeks of our stay,got lovely fresh food beautiful bread and best soup i have ever had for about 2pound.We two had a bigger than double bed with single sheets on matress was filthy. Please heed last review and my review, keep away, i have informed travel company i travelled with and i have had a satisfactory reply.some lovely 3star hotels in tunisia but not this one

Room Tip: no comment
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Chepstow, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

We stayed at this hotel 6 years ago and it was reasonable for a 3 star.
The outdoor pool was closed and was said to be being refurbished.
We thought that if all the reworking and decoration had been done it would be a lot better this year.
How wrong we were.
We had booked to stay from December 23rd until January 7th.
The only fair way to describe this place is an "Absolute sewer"
We payed £40 extra for a balcony.(all rooms have a balcony) That was a con!!
In the room was a double bed (£40 extra) with single sheets.Pillows were stained so badly it looked as though someone had urinated all over them.
We paid for a sea view £40 extra) to find that the derelict swimming pool was empty, filthy with sunbed thrown in and left along with terracotta posts smashed and left.
It had obviously been like this for around ten years!!
The table on the balcony was so filthy, I wouldn't let a pig lay on it never mind put food or drink on it.
I went out and bought some bleach. I cleaned half of it which did come up white!! The management were uninterested.
I told the receptionist that 3 out of 5 lights in the room / bathroom were fused and the basin was blocked.
This was put right the next day.
The food in the hotel was like pigs swill. Plates were always cold and the table cloths were filthy.
The downstairs toilet outside the dining room had NO PAPER the whole time we were there and there was NO SOAP and the hand drier was hanging off the wall.
If you went out for the evening, you had to be very careful walking towards the entrance steps as there were 2 manhole type covers made of concrete that had fallen in as they were rotten.
The entire street smelt of sewage,
I complained to the reception and asked to speak to the manager.Of course he was NOT AVAILABLE.
The second wek we were there I caught a bowel infection and struggled to a pharmacie to get some tablets to ease it.
Eventually after 4 more days of running to the loo every few minutes and sleepless night of pain, it finaly subsided enough for my wife and I to have some enjoyment.
To swum this hotel up I would say that If you need somewhere to keeps a herd of pigs then they would feel right at home.
We stayed in Port El Kentowie last year in a 4 star hotel that cost us £200 than this run dow dump.
DO NOT EVEN THINK OF STATYING HERE UNLESS YOU WANT TO CATCH A DESEASE!!!.
THIS PLACE SHOULD BE PULLED DOWN.
It can only be described as the worst hotel I have ever stayed in and will complain to the booking company backed up with many photographs.
If any possible future bookings need confirmation as to the dispicable condition of this dump, please email me on topshot.claybuster@virgin.net and I will send you proof of the filth.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Oxford
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

This was my first trip outside of Europe so I didn't really know what to expect especially as it was a late booking through 'Lowcostholidays.com'. Due to my flight with Tunis Air being delayed and a lengthy transfer from Tunis Carthage airport I arrived at the hotel at 02:10 hours on the Monday morning (Sept 24th).

I had a room on the 1st Floor (117) and the outlook was breath taking over the swimming pool and to the palm trees and sea beyond. I could step over my balcony wall to gain access to the pool. The room was kept immaculate by the maids and everything in the room worked fine.
I was on Half Board and the breakfast was disappointing. Very little variety - always eggs, tomatoes and hard bread. Dinner was OK - always a good soup followed by a reasonable variety of main course. Puddings were basic and always basically the same.

Some of the staff were friendly, others not so. The guy at the reception desk was excellent whilst the female gave the minimum of information. The head waiter was pretty unfriendly but the bar staff were OK.

There were two bars in the hotel. The one on the ground floor was cheaper - a bottle of lager was 2.7 dinars (a dinar is about 40p), whilst in the more luxurious bar on the 6th floor the price went up to 3.5 dinars. Both bars were populated by the locals and I was invariably the only European at the bar.

The hotel has its own section of beach and 2 dinars a day gave you a sunbed, umbrella etc for the whole day. This had its own snack bar / bar attached.

The hotel is situated mid way between Sousse and Port el-Kantaoui. OK you could stay at the hotel as within easy walking distance was a bank and supermarket and there was a handy small shop opposite the hotel. There were three ways to get into Sousse. You could do it the easy way and get a yellow cab. You asked in advance what the price would be (usually 6 dinars). Secondly you could walk up to the main road and catch one of the Dotto (Noddy) trains - this cost 2.5 dinars each way. Finally you could catch a bus, number 12 / 18 into Sousse, This was really cheap, less than 0.5 of a dinar, but the services seemed unreliable. A lot of Tunisian buses don't show route numbers but just show their destination in Arabic.

The hotel also had an indoor swimming pool and spa etc down in the basement. There was no entertainment at all but I guess this was probably because I was there late in the season. You could store your values in a safe box for 2 dinars a day plus 10 dinar deposit, There was a TV in the room but I could only get two channels - one Tunisian and the other Russian (I didn't watch much TV!). There was also a facility at the hotel to change money but I never saw this open. The room air conditioning was fairly quiet but not brilliantly effective.

I've read lots of varying reviews about this hotel and generally thought it was OK and pretty good value for money.

Room Tip: It's worth while requesting a sea view for a stunning view over the Med.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Croydon, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Our first impression was that we were being taken down a grimy seedy looking road and we were both expecting trouble. On arriving at the hotel we noticed that the reception area could do with a good clean. The receptionist took our voucher and after several minutes decided to talk. He gave us the key to the room and told us where the lift was. No mention on where the dining room was or what times breakfast was served. The room itself was ok and we did overlook the beach, however there is a filthy dirty building site of a road between the beach and hotel, which is used by locals all hours of the day and night.Breakfast was alright if you liked cold hard boiled eggs and french stick, but when we appeared for dinner, we had a choice of baked fish heads or some kind of stew with thick grease floating on top. WE spent the day in Port El Kantoui which is lovely, but found that some taxi drivers would not go to the hotel because of the area it is in.
The swimming pool had tiles missing from the surrounding area. It is that small that it would be impossible to swim if more than six people got in. and the whole area around the pool was dirty.
You had to walk through the dining area and up a flight of steps to get to the pool.Not one of the staff were helpful especially the lady on reception during the day. We were also informed that the air conditioning was turned off for the winter, this despite the fact that temperatures were approximately 38/40 degrees for the two weeks we stayed in tunisia. we left after our second night and thankfully found an hotel where they could not be more helpful.

This hotel is used by what looked like itinerant workers and should not be listed as an holiday hotel. It should be taken out of any british holiday firms brochure

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Dreams Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!