“had a good time” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 39 Hotels in Sousse
Manchester, United Kingdom
“had a good time”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

This hotel is ok we stayed in a bungalow and they are very spacious and comfortable beds very large and peaceful the hotel has nice gardens and pools,we preferred the"dragut" pool and snack bar but the beach is very nice also mostly the staff are pleasant but there was a few members ie three in the main bar very bad attitudes and miserable the animation team were friendly and helpful and did their best with the shows anyway on to the only things that lets the hotel down the food and drinks the red wine was like vinegar and the glasses for the beer too small we have been in other hotels in that area and the wine was much nicer and the food was really for this day and age very poor the authentic Tunisian food was ok and I tried most but beans get a bit tiresome they could do with some more choices for international cuisine maybe theme nights we will possibly try a different hotel next time but i would say try for yourself.

Room Tip: Bungalows quiet
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Polish first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

Me, my boyfriend, my 6 year old daughter and 2 friends went to El Ksar in October, speedy check in and was happy with our room which had an adjoining door to our friends which was nice, only downside is that it was right outside the evening entertainment so if we didn't want to watch it we had no choice as it was outside our balcony! Nice view though of the pool and sea, towels and bedding was changed every day and was cleaned regularly.

The food in the hotel was 'ok', I have been to all inclusive before and am certainly not fussy, I tried everything but they didn't really change the menu much day to day & the fruit wasn't very nice. The food at the beach bar I found was the best and the smaller pool serves panini's at lunch which are nice. The pancakes by the main pool that are served in the afternoon are amazing and all bread and pastries were fresh which was really tasty. We found the hotel didn't give us any information about what was on and what was on offer, including activities and entertainment, didn't have a clue what was going on or what time anything was, the only reason I knew about some things was looking online on my phone from reviews!

The beach is amazing, you have to get there early to get a sun lounger though, we got up at 6am one day to put our towels down and they were nearly all gone! The beach was my favourite part of the hotel, the barmen bring your drinks to your lounger if you ask and it has a lovely view, beach is nice and warm, you can see lots of fish and plenty of water sports on offer.

I felt the service at the hotel was very poor, we spent a lot of time waiting for staff to clear tables and serve us which was really annoying and they seemed to have their 'favourite' guests who obviously must tip but I didn't feel I should have to tip to receive a good service.

Drinks were pretty awful, they were always served in small plastic cups which was annoying and always long ques and limited choice.

The shisha lounge was nice but again the service was very poor.

Overall I wouldn't go back to this hotel but the beach was lovely and the surrounding areas.

Stayed October 2013
lisbon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

I went for two nights in March and it was an ok experience. The rooms were small but accommodating, no mini bar but good towels and comfy bed. I had an ocean view and was lovely.
Elevators are fast and their is a nice nightclub in hotel.

I am sure this is a great Holliday destination.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Swindon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

I travelled with my friend to the El Ksar in Feb 2014 - it was our second stay at this hotel.
The room this time was much much better. The beds were large and the room was spacious with a great view of the sea and spa.

The staff at this hotel are overall friendly. Kareem the porter is great! Always greets you with a smile and kind word. Walid on reception is friendly and helpful. We used the spa facilities again at the Queen Didom spa and I have to say all the staff over there were friendly. Sassi who sells the spa packages in the hotel is not pushy and will create you a great package tailored to suit your needs.

We spent most of our time in Cafe Maure - Marwen and his staff offer a great service and they are extremely attentive. Great Shisha's too :-) This is the most authentically Tunisian place in the hotel it is where local people from Sousse come to relax and spend time with their friends.

The only thing that really lets this hotel down is the food. They need to update the menu and cater to a wider range of tastes.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Newcastle, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

This was my 20 something visit in less than 5 years , its my second home The staff are amazing the hotel is constantly being upgraded and is a work in progress . I was the only British visitor there in amongst over 180 German guests but the staff made sure I was well looked after and I never felt left out The entertainment was sparse , but hey it was February and the hotel did not have a lot of guests to entertain. The food was varied and the salad bar and pastries are amazing. As I said I have visited the hotel on many occasions I prefer May and June as its not too hot and there is a better mix of nationalties then The rooms are bright and clean .....lovely maids and housekeeping staff and of course air conditioned. If you want to stay somewhere friendly and guest orientated give the El ksar a try I, m sure you wont be disapointed

Room Tip: Rooms with pool view are the best views ever ....scenery beautiful ...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Bath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

I went here for 10 days with my brother and father and it was an amazing stay, we made many friends over the stay and the entertainment staff where amazing there were many activities for children and adults throughout the day, the evening food was very nice and there was always a different selection of food each day, I usually slept through breakfast but lunch was amazing, I usually ate on the beach area and it was lovely like dinner each day there were different food choices. On the Thursday of our stay there was a beach party which was fab! Also they served nice afternoon snacks and the wait for drinks wasn't long, the entertainment in the evening was cheesy but the entertainment staff where loveable, I would defiantly recommend it and I think we will be going back soon!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
G
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with my boyfriend for a week in August.
When we got the the hotel we had to wait about two hours before we were able to check in which was a bit annoying as we were shattered from the flight and roasting.
Once finally checking in, our room was a fair size. A bit basic but perfect for us as we didn't spend much time in the room anyway.
The pool area was lovely, although getting a sun lounger was an absolute mission. Having to set an alarm for 5am on your holiday was not great. The lifeguard was lovely though and always made sure we had a good spot.
The food was really quite rubbish. Breakfast was alright (we were craving bacon or a fry up by the end of the week). All the pastries and breads were baked fresh. Lunch and dinner though was poor, we pretty much stuck to pizza and pasta all week but still managed to get a touch of deli belly.
The staff were pretty awful too. Reception staff were rude and there was never any dinar behind the desk to exchange. Although one day we were told there was no money, my boyfriend went back about 4 minutes later and managed to exchange our money! Restaurant staff look like they want to kill themselves and are so slow at setting the tables.
The animation team were lovely and always managed to get everyone involved. The night time entertainment was pretty rubbish aswell and since there's nothing near by we were pretty bored at night.
The beach is the most beautiful beach I have ever seen. We went on a jet ski which was fab and the beach was beaut to walk along at night.
The hotel is pretty much in the middle of nowhere. Locals are really quite dodgy so we were terrified to leave the resort but we enjoyed relaxing and sunbathing for the week.
Everybody expects a tip in tunisia so carry plenty of change.
Overall we enjoyed our stay but I won't be rushing back any time soon!

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel El Ksar? Share your experiences!