“Perfect Holiday!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Jinene & Royal Jinene Hotels

Save Saved
You added Jinene & Royal Jinene Hotels to your Saves list
Jinene & Royal Jinene Hotels
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Sdht, Boulevard du 14 Janvier Route Touristique Sousse, Sousse 4051, Tunisia   |
Ranked #26 of 39 hotels in Sousse
Bergen op Zoom, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
“Perfect Holiday!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

'We had booked a week Jinene beach, this hotel was closed because it was still quiet with guests.
So we got a room at Royal Jinene beach which is right next door.
At 21.00 we arrived at the hotel, the buffet was open until 21:00, but we were given the opportunity to still take place and what to eat.
This was for both of us the first time we had booked all inclusive and it was great.
Daily breakfast, lunch and dinner buffet. With something for everyone, and daily changing dishes. There is also a cook in the dining room, every day something nice for you to be prepared. The staff in the dining room, we have only praise for. In particular, the head waiter Tarek Said and Jamel Bouzaabia were very nice hosts.
After dinner we enjoyed sitting at the bar, again top staff. Ajmi Saber Khalifa and Bessem of the bar really pampered us
The hotel is a little dated, but we personally find more charm than a very new hotel. Everything is clean and it has a cozy feeling.
Rooms are cleaned every day, beds made every day and clean towels every day, even our clothes were folded we had to swing.
Spacious rooms with a large bathroom and balcony.
In the spa, I had booked a package with a peeling, scrub, hammam, sauna and massage. I was helped by Haifa Ben Abbes and she gave me a wonderful and relaxing afternoon. So later in the week, booked a massage again.
In the hotel there is an indoor pool which we made use of it, nothing to complain about.
Outside there is also a large swimming pool, but because it was not warm enough we did not use it.
At the pool-area is also a restaurant and bar.
There is also a small shop, run by Yousef Ouni, again very friendly and you can tell a lot about the area and Tunisia.
There is also a small room with computers for internet.
The hotel is right on the beach which is quite ideal, on the beach there are beach beds from the hotel and there is a beach bar.
Sousse itself is a lovely village and we especially enjoyed the Medina.
We have had a wonderful week at Royal Jinene Beach Hotel, and we will definitely go back.
Thanks to all the staff !!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

287 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Polish first
Bognor Regis, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

I took my family to Royal Jinene in March of this year as a surprise holiday. I have 6 children, one has a serious medical condition and another is profoundly disabled in a wheelchair. The facilities at the hotel were fine, the food was great and plentiful and the love and care shown to my special children was second to none. The staff could not have been more helpful, even down to our lovely chambermaid washing my daughters pyjamas every morning!! The gentleman at the pool was great fun and my children still talk about this holiday all the time. So to anyone who may have reservations forget them! I am on this site booking to go again and the only hotel I will consider is the Royal Jinene. Well done Mr Director and all the lovely staff, we will see you again in the spring. Sarah Boote-Cook and children.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Waterloo Belgium
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

I made a round trip through Tunisia together with two friends. One had booked a single room. When we arrived the employee at the reception proposed us the "Royal suite" as they had no single room available. Before we accepted we first had a look on the suite of course. It was a huge room, very nicely decorated with one separated bedroom, twin beds, a nice sized bathroom and separated toilet. Of course we accepted. Unfortunately we didn't know that each time one of us took a shower the water seeped into the the toilet and the floor was always wet. When late evening I wanted to go into my bed, I sat on it and it cracked ! We removed the mattress and found the laths broken. It was too late to claim so we put some thick covers under the broken laths to keep the mattress straight, but it made an awful noise each time I moved. First thing next morning was to inform the reception. They promised me to have it repaired immediately. At noon it still wasn't repaired or replaced. I asked them again, and was told they would do it right away. When we came back late evening the bed was nicely made even decorated with butterfly folded out of the bath towel ! I put my mattress on the floor and camped in the Royal Suite ! The pictures below say more than words !

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
mohsen192, Manager at Jinene & Royal Jinene Hotels, responded to this review, July 28, 2012
We thank our guests for their comment our concern is to provide better service
For this case it is correct we move the guests to Royal jinene 4 stars with no supplement
we give them a suite with sea view and pool view For the brocken bed our maintenance service
is on duty on the time and they repair this bed at time according to our registration.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

my mum and i stayed at this hotel between may and june 2012,and we really enjoyed our stay at this hotel,the rooms were basic,but very clean as they were done everyday,the only thing that was missing was a hairdryer,but as i have been told by the director,mohsen ben mohumed that they are goin to be fitted in the near future,what can i say all the staff were great,do anything for you,the food in the resturaunt,was good as well,the beach is only 2mins away,and if you want to go shopping it is only a short walk away,the royal jinene is next door,and it is 4star,we had a look at this one and asked to see a room,and would defo go back and stay at this one in the near future,it has got indoor swimming pool,gym,sauna and massage facilities.i would certainly recomend anyone of these two hotels,..

Room Tip: we had a corner room,and it had a large veranda,which suited my mum...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
mohsen192, General Manager at Jinene & Royal Jinene Hotels, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
We appreciate your comment and we are happy to know that you have enjoyed your stay
in Jinene hotel with your Mum for the Hairdryer in Jinene it is in our budget for the near
future Thank you and welcome to Royal jinene
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012 via mobile

Like many on here I have stayed in many hotels in Tunisia.
To sum it up:
Food disgusting and public health warning should go with it! Raw chicken... Grease on the floor in dinning room pertential death trap!
Room ok but bedding old stained and not pleasant.
Public bar areas tired dark and dismal!
Staff miserable blighters.
All inc a joke - drinks v limited. ( and stayed many places before that all inc in Tunisia and drinks good!)
Thank goodness we did 3 nights and got transferred to great hotel Tej Marharba where all of the above is no issue and made to feel welcome and relaxed. AVOID AVOID AVOID ROYAL JINENE. NOTHING ROYAL ABOUT IT!

• Stayed April 2012
mohsen192, General Manager at Jinene & Royal Jinene Hotels, responded to this review, July 28, 2012
Surprised by this comment with exageration..we inform our dear guests that hotel
Royal jinene use HACCP system..we have Hygieniste to control the cleanliness in
whole hotel and to check the food.
For all inclusive system the drinks are served from 10 to midnight with no limit
Truro, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

My husband and I were transferred to Hotel Jinene from Hotel Golf Residence (another story!) When we arrived we were told that Hotel Jinene was closed until the season started and were "UPGRADED" to Hotel Royal Jinene. We couldn't believe our luck! an upgrade from 3 star to 4 star! On arrival we didn't take much notice of the reception area as we were so pleased to get a move from the previous hotel! We were shown to the room which was beautifully clean and spacious. We were overjoyed that we had been moved from what had been a dirty nasty hotel. We were looking forward to our evening meal as the previous hotel food had been so disgusting we couldn't eat it.

Our evening meal was a complete disappointment, the food was slightly better than the previous hotel but it was a job to find anything acceptable. It was a repetitious menu day after day. Breakfast consisted of eggs, eggs and more eggs. The evening meal consisted of bits of chicken, fish or beef but all of it was cold and tasteless. The deserts consisted of cake or ice cream.

The room was clean to start and gradually got dirtier and dirtier. We checked the pillows, they are all old and disgusting with stains on. Our maid was so overworked, our room was only cleaned twice over a period of 14 days. She would knock on our door and ask to be excused from cleaning and showed me a list of what she had to do! Our towels were changed every day but the sheets were only changed twice in two weeks! On our last week, our room was cleaned on the Wednesday and never cleaned again until we left on the Sunday morning.

This hotel is completely run out and definitely not well maintained. The restaurant is overcrowded and while we were there, we had to share our restaurant with all the Tunisian peasants who were given a free 2 day stay at this hotel by the Tunisian Government. The people ate with their fingers and the mess they left behind was unbelieveable! They are like animals!

The indoor pool was unusable and public health is questionable! I used the pool once but never again after I saw what went on. Every day the outside public (Tunisians) were allowed to use the hotel pool. I saw women still dressed in their outdoor clothes (including burkas) just jumping into the pool - must've been the yearly wash! One day I counted 30 school boys being brought into the indoor pool and they were there for 3 hours! Who would want to use the pool after that!

My husband and I were mortified that this hotel was being used by Thomas Cook! Even if you complain, nothing is done. The hotel reception area and bar is so filthy, there is constant smoke and as non-smokers we were unable to sit in the lounge area.

There is constant noise and banging of doors by the Tunisians, it looks as thought this hotel is constantly used for overnight stayers (Tunisians) who have no idea how to control their children or to act themselves.

My husband and I tried to get a flight home after spending 2 days in this hotel but were told by Thomas Cook that we would have to pay £300 to get home. We couldn't afford to fork out another £300 so had to stay for the 14 days. I have been to Tunisia 4 times and this was my last stay ever! I have never been so relieved to see the coach arrive to take us to the airport. I have stayed at other hotels in Tunisia and have never experienced anything like we had at this hotel. If you don't mind slumming it, this hotel will suit you - a dirty disgusting holiday!

Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Guests coming from hotel Golf Residence to be upgraded to hotel Royal jinene 4 stars they are never happy they complain always even they are lying and they are not coorect
when they consider other guests as animals..no respect to other people..they should be
ashamed about what they say..sorry but these guests should learn how to respect people.
belgium
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

This hotel is completly ran out. It's not too well maintained, but most hrible is the food in the 'restaurant'. Most of the dishes were cold and tasteless. At the time of my visit tourism was very low in Tunesia; however in this case I think that public health was in danger.
They need a new management that turns this place arround.

Room Tip: Just stay away
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
We can say hotel Royal jinene not old as he think Hotel open on 2004
we have good quality of service and we received a Marque of Excellence Award
from T.O Thomas Cook ..as one of the best hotel..

Been to Jinene & Royal Jinene Hotels? Share your experiences!