“Nice friendly little hotel and very good value for money” 3 of 5 stars

Kaiser Hotel
Blvd Taib M'hiri, Sousse 4000, Tunisia   |
Ranked #20 of 39 Hotels in Sousse
hampshire
“Nice friendly little hotel and very good value for money”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2008

Arrived back from Sousse yesterday. Stayed at the Kaiser which on the whole was not to bad. they have improved their bathrooms new tiling etc.must say that the water power is really fantastic and there is always plenty of hot water. The beds all have new matresses which were rather firm for my liking. The food was a little boring and after a few days I decided to give the restaurant a miss ( no traditional Tunisian food on the menu). The staff however are incerdablly nice and very friendly. The rooms are cleaned daily. Most of the staff have worked at the Kaiser for years. The owner a a dear little Tunisian man who wears only traditional dress is often in the hotel. He always has a beaming smile on his face and is very friendly. I think it is a really nice little hotel and I got the impression that my fellow guests were very happy staying there.

• Liked — Friendly staff
  • Disliked — No traditional food on Menu
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Polish first
UK
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2008

Hello,

The hotel was nice.We did not expected too much as we paid low price.The room was ok but it could have been bigger(new TV but no remote control).In basically,the room was ok.
We had a problem with the night receptionist who was not nice at all.Most of them time he ignored us or threw our room key to us which was little but hurting.
We have stayed in a lot of hotels in Tunisia but we are sure we are not going back to this hotel again till that man works there.

• Stayed May 2008
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
England
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2008

You know when you pull up to a Hotel and everyone looks at each other and there thinking " I feel sorry for the ones who are staying here"! Then your names called out! Its one of those Hotels.
You knew the Hotel was clean by the over powering smell of Bleach which hit you.The first thing my girlfriend said when we got to our room was " can you get that cockroach out of the bathroom please" After 2 days on the 2nd floor I asked for a move and we were put on the 6th floor and what a difference you couldnt here any of the grinding which started at 07:00 in the morning. The room was more updated as well and had a TV which you could get CNN and CNN and CNN and Tunisian channels which is OK if you speak Tunisian. The beds are hard and the sheets changed each day.

Breakfast was pritty bland. Boiled eggs, tomatoes with onions,bread,yoghurt and cereal but no milk. Tea ,coffe and juice.
Evening meal was ok. Tomatoes with onions and other salads and a hot meal which was OK to be honest, I went for 2nds on 2 days.

The pool we only used once because it was so small and is easily over crowded. You cannot get any sun after 15:30 as the sun goes round the building so your in the shade.

The beach is a 10 min walk and the staff were very good and very helpful.

Would I go back to this Hotel, no I wouldnt. We knew it wasnt going to be great and we were on a budget and knew by the reports on here what to expect.

• Liked — The front door when we left
  • Disliked — The rooms on the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
London UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2007

Have just come back from a 2 week stay at the Kaiser. For a 2 star hotel this was excellent, yes have stayed in some of the 5 star hotels and they were beautiful but I didnt pay for a 5 star!. The food was good (what do you want for such a low price), the staff were excellent. My first day there I didnt like my room and was moved immediately. I had a lovely clean very large room. I would recommend this hotel if you are on a budget, if you want luxery then be willing to pay another £500 minimum! This was my friends first visit to Tunisia and she was happy with the hotel. I read one review about crossing the road outside the Kaiser and how it was scarey, believe me ALL the roads are like that if you stay in 2 or 5 star hotel, that is just the way it is in Tunisia
Jeanette + Elaine

• Liked — Cleanliness and working A/C
  • Disliked — Nothing to complain about
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Warszawa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2007

Above average for 2 star hotel, very clean, bathroom not nice but practical, NO INSECTS, new colour TV ( Samsung) - but no remote, working A/C!!! new furnitures - room 608, balcony with city panorama better than the room from street. Rooms from 2nd to 6th floor from the city side have balcony.
Breakfast - "juice", tea, coffee, yogurth, butter, eggs, chees, tomatos, fruits.
We borrow fridge but was broken - not to cold.

• Liked — Not far from beach and city center
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
england
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2007

we stayed at this hotel for 1 week, it felt like a lifetime, it was a dirty, stinking, filfthy, noisey, hole, the pool was more like a paddling pool and the food or lack of it was only just edible, nothing for children to eat, my children lived on chips, chips and more chips, the kaiser hotel, was more like the condemned cell, i wouldn`t even put my dog in it, we spent most of our time at the tej maharba hotel, thats just across the road, but you take your life in your hands, when you try to cross the road, to end this review, please, please, please, stay away if you know whats good for you

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
notts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2007

I stayed in th kaiser hotel from 22 july to 5 august 2007 and it was a nightmare. it took 3 days to get a plug for the sink in the bathroom. tiles were hanging off the walls, the shower head was broke. the water was brown. we were living with cockroaches. it was hard boiled eggs every morning for breakfast, we were the only enlish speaking group in the hotel, need i say more.

Stayed July 2007

Been to Kaiser Hotel? Share your experiences!