“5 Star Treatment” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Marhaba Beach Hotel

You added Marhaba Beach Hotel to your Saves list
Marhaba Beach Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Boulevard 7 Novembre | Zone Touristique, Sousse 4039, Tunisia   |
Ranked #2 of 39 Hotels in Sousse
“5 Star Treatment”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

We are at marhaba for two weeks its. 5 star treatment all the way. Food is nice and served hot, staff are very polite and helpful, rooms are spacious and very clean. Tipping is up to you really you don't have to. Loving it definitely coming back and would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (510)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Where do I start? Overall my experience of the Marhaba Beach Hotel and Tunisia was very good, we had a great time and enjoyed the company out there. On our trip there was 3 of us, myself, my wife and our 18 month old baby.

First things first – airport, we landed and shortly we were met by Thomas Cook reps who pointed us to our waiting coach. We came across local workers wanting to push our luggage to the coach but a firm NO and sent them on their way (obviously trying to make a quick buck).
Once we got to the hotel we were welcomed by drinks, completed our registration documents and were shown to our room. We had a poolside view which was lovely and the room was more then adequate for what we wanted it for. Our only gripe was the toilet seat was broken but this was quickly replaced by the maintenance team.

The hotel itself was nice, very friendly people and always willing to help. I would rate it as a very high 3* hotel in terms of British standards but it was nice having a beach right on your doorstep, 2 swimming pools although we only used the indoor pool. During the week we were out there the weather ranged from 22c to 28c so very nice and warm which was previously a concern going on holiday in March when it’s meant to be Winter in Tunisia. (We went during the week it snowed so no complaints!).

The food was great, the breakfast was repetitive but the afternoon and evening meals were spoilt with choices. I find it surprising that people complained when there was a ridiculous amount of food to choose from. We absolutely loved the desserts, so many choices from cakes, ice cream, rolls, pastries the choices were endless. You are warned, you will come back putting weight on as the choice of food is endless.

As for the tipping, we didn’t feel we had to tip anybody however we made sure we did tip the waiters and the maids who work tirelessly. We didn’t tip every day but as and when we felt like it.
The staff were fantastic with my daughter, they treated her like a princess, played with her and gave her lots of attention. Which was the same for the animations team who put on great shows and always took time to talk to us and entertain us.

Would I go back to this hotel? Yes I would! Maybe not anytime soon but thoroughly enjoyed the services and the people.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

just got back from this hotel .stayed 11 days 20th to 31st march and have had to write this review whilst all is fresh in my mind.
Its only 4 star by Tunisian standards, if you have been anywhere in Spain or the Canaries its more 2/3 star .
Food very same each day and not a lot of choice and long ques most of the time. it was only lukewarm even at the start of service and you are allocated a table with others if you were only a couple.we made great friends with our sharers
no space around tables and tipping is expected by the waiters.
Rooms were clean and tidy but are looking very tired (but some have been renovated)
maids took away the towels in morning and replaced later in the day .
Plenty of sunbeds but you were expected to tip again,
the hotel towels for the sunbeds were to small, thin and had holes.(take your own).
who ever took the pool pictures for the hotel is a clever person as its about half as big as it looks.
The entertainment team (Joe Timo Kaled Tiga ) were excellent and worked had day and night to make everyone's holiday,without any of the tipping.and should be payed double what they get.the only grip about the entertainment was that on Saturdays they had a professional??? drag act on ,this was in the club room and 1 i do not expect to have to pay 20 dinars each when all inclusive. 2 they let children in.
I do not like writing negative reviews but feel that this is a fair representation of my stay at this hotel

Room Tip: If you want a room with afternoon sun you need to be at the front of the hotel, but if you want sea...
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

I stayed here for 11 days all inclusive with my son from 20.03.13 returning home today 31.03.13. Here's my full honest review on all our experiences start to finish.

1. After collecting our luggage at the airport, we were met by a porter who just grabbed our cases from us to take to the coach which was a short distance. These guys are not paid by the airport so do rely on tips, but I did say no to him helping us but he was already off with our cases. I gave him £1 but he asked for £5 which I declined and he went off in a huff. When returning to the airport a firm no thank you and tight grip on our cases were enough.

2. Arriving at the hotel we were greeted with a warm welcome and cold juice drink. To say there were a lot of guests that arrived as same time as us, we were checked in and in our room within about 20 minutes.

3. Our room was on the 3rd floor with a sea view which was just amazing. So if you can get a room on the 3rd or 4th floor you won't be disappointed. (Email the hotel a week or two before you go, they will do their best to accommodate your request). The room itself, I wasn't too fussy to be honest as we only slept and changed in there, but it was spotless and cosy. The maids come in every day to clean and leave fresh towels which I found good.

4. The restaurant - I was dreading the food a bit after reading some very negative reviews before going. But now I've experienced it for myself, I really don't understand the comments. Some of the food is repetitive but still offer a large variety. Unless you eat every dish within a couple of days or are extremely fussy you will be fine. If you expect food/cooking to be like you get at home, then don't go on holiday.
We were seated at the same table throughout our stay which I liked. As there were only 2 of us we did meet 3 English couples who shared our table at various times. No issues for me as I'll talk to anyone and we never felt uncomfortable. If you do share a table, the staff make sure you all speak the same language.

5. The pool side of the hotel - The pool was extremely cold but we liked that as we saw it as a challenge going in which we did every day. Once you get over the initial cold shock and do a few laps, you'll be fine. There is also a heated indoor pool which we tried once, but it was full of kids so we couldn't really swim like we could in the outdoor one.
There's plenty of sun loungers, pick your spot, place your towel on it and it's yours for the day. You can get the padded mats to go on them, just look out for the guy in a shellsuit top and cap. I did tip him 1 dinar a day but you don't have to, to get the mats. I'll get onto tipping shortly.
There's a pool bar which you can access your own drinks or the bar man will bring to your lounger. When the restaurant is closed, you can access the snack bar within the same area at set times throughout the day if your a bit peckish in between meals. We used this numerous times and enjoyed it. You can't take food from the snack bar to the poolside though, but that was only an issue for my teenager.

6. The bars inside hotel - Large variety of soft and alcoholic drinks. I thought to be safe, we'd have to buy a lot of drinking water but If your all inclusive like we were then you can ask for bottles of water which are sealed. We got 2 bottles every day from the main bar in the lobby.

7. The beach - stunning! We did get approached quite a lot by quad bike man who tries to sell this trip as well as boat trips. It did take a few days for him to stop asking us but then we had some good banter especially by my son who tried selling him a postcard with boats on it. There's also other sellers on the beach trying to sell you sweets, fruit & cigarettes. For your own health DO NOT BUY! Only eat from the hotel or buy from proper shops which are fairly close to the hotel.

8. Tipping - When I booked this holiday last year I was working full time. Then I lost my job a week before Christmas so I didn't have much spending money to take with me. Again I've read reviews about the staff expecting to be tipped. Not once did I ever feel like that, if anything I wish I could have given more as everyone who works here work incredibly hard, long hours and bent over backwards to help make our holiday awesome whether I tipped them or not.

9. Excursions - If your going to book any trips, do so once your out there as it's cheaper than booking through your holiday company before you go. We went on the camel caravan which was pretty cool actually. The other was the shopping trip to the Medina, lunch then the zoo. I was under the impression that by booking the market trip we would have a tour guide to ensure we didn't get hassled, which is how it was put across in the welcome meeting. What actually happened was the guide showed us to the entrance of the market and we had 2 hrs to go off on our own. For me personally, I hated it and didn't even last half an hour in there, then spent rest of time sat on a wall waiting for the coach to come back. I found it very overwhelming every seller getting in our faces trying to get us to buy from them. What finished me off was one seller who's stall I had a look at got aggressive when I didn't want to buy anything, he was then grabbing me back quite hard when I was trying to walk away. If anyone did that to me back home I would have punched him to be honest but being in another country I was kind of scared to 'fight back'. I think if I was with a man, it would have been different. Talking to other people on the same trip though, there were lots who really enjoyed it.

10. Taxis - we didn't need to use any but know that if you do, make sure you agree a price before getting in other wise they'll charge you silly amounts and you can't guarantee the meters are working as they should.

11. Road safety - Erm it was a bit scary. The drivers basically do what they want. I never saw a set of traffic lights and even if you try getting over the road via the marked pedestrian crossings they still don't stop! So please be careful.

12. The Animation Team - I've saved the best for last. These guys, Kaled, Joe (all the best to you on your upcoming wedding x), Tiga and my personal favourite Timo (as I may have had a slight crush on him haha x) made a huge difference to our holiday and really are an asset to the hotel. Even though my son was 14 (he turned 15 whilst out there), I was still nervous about going abroad on our own. Personal experience and watching them interact with the other guests and families, they made everyone they spoke to feel at ease and got as many kids and adults involved in the various activities such as archery, French boules, water polo etc. They also provide the music, club dances and do their own show on Tuesday night which was very funny and not all politically correct which was ace! I know they are paid to do a job there, but they are genuinely a nice team of guys who you can chat to, plenty of banter and work bloody hard to make sure everyone has a good time. My son got on really well with Timo and Joe, he wants to come back just to see them again. Myself and quite a few guests were chatting on the coach back to the airport, as we all thought it was a lovely gesture that Timo on this occasion was there up bright and early to see us all off. Not experienced this anywhere else before, it was a nice touch.

So overall, our experience of this hotel, location, staff and what's on offer has totally been a very positive experience and we can't wait to come back to Tunisia. Many thanks to everyone at Marhaba Beach Hotel. X

Room Tip: Rooms on 3rd and 4th floors have the best views on the sea side of hotel.
Wakefield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Just spent 2 weeks at the Marhaba Beach Hotel 16th March to 30th.
This is our first review but it was the reviews on here which made our mind up to book this hotel so thought it only fair to write one upon our return.
We booked with Tomas Cook as we usually do and once again they came up trumps for us. Great value for money and exceptional service from the rep Moez. We booked our trips with him and the 2 day one everyone should do, it was fantastic especially the camel ride into the sahara desert. Long days but well worth it.
The Hotel. Once again very good value whilst a little tired in places this seemed to be being rectified constantly. Our room had a pool and sea view, was clean and comfortable and the maid service excellent with fresh linen and towels daily. The room had just been upgraded
and no complaints.
The Restaurant. Food was buffet service and the choice excellent. Even the fussiest of eaters would find something to eat. The staff and service was always good and friendly and a small tip on arrival seems to make them even better. Our waiter Sammie was very good and attentive at all times and worked hard for his tip as we left.
The bar staff inside and outside never kept you waiting for long and whilst all inclusive the drinks choice was ok.
The animation team were friendly and seemed to work tirelessly but watch them they cheat at games but always involved.

Room Tip: The higher the better i think.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Ipswich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

We have just returned from a 10 day holiday at the Marhaba Beach Hotel which we both enjoyed.
We booked the flight, hotel and transfers via Travel Republic in the UK. The transfers were dealt with by a local company, Amit Transfers, and everything went fine. (We also had use of the Jumbo Tours rep on site, who was there if you needed him).
First things first, we flew into Enfidha airport. Our flight arrived at the same time as a Thomsons flight and there was initially only one immigration officer on duty. He obviously could not cope with two plane fulls of tourists so they put a further three officers on eventually. Even so it took the best part of an hour just to clear immigration and we were in the middle of the queue! On talking to regular visitors to Sousse, the average time is about 45 minutes so be aware of this. Obviously this delays the transfer coaches who cannot leave until everybody is accounted for and on board. We spent a further 45 minutes sitting on the transfer bus waiting to leave. This was no big deal, as it was cool and we had not been travelling too long. High season, in the heat would be a different story. Just a heads up.
Booking in at the Hotel was a bit chaotic but the staff were friendly and welcoming. We were given a third floor room overlooking the entrance of the hotel and were initially a bit disappointed at not getting a sea view but it then dawned on us that the sun would be on our balcony from about 2.00pm onwards. Not so bad after all! The room was fine, clean and had everything you needed except a safe which you could rent from reception. The room maid was great always smiling and kept the room spotless. Yes it could have done with some redecoration but for the money...
Food was perfectly acceptable, if a bit samey. The Tunisian dishes were great. For the last couple of days we were there it was a Tunisian public holiday and the hotel became full with weekenders and families from Algeria. The restaurant then went over to a two sitting system, which worked ok, albeit with guests having to queue for everything. We used the a la carte restaurant for the one night we were entitled to, but we must have caught it on a bad night. Service was great but the food was absolutely dire.
There was plenty of sunbeds in the very pleasant gardens and the Beach looked great too, but a bit too breezy for us, the time we were there. Staff rely on tips so look after them and they will look after you. The hotel is nicely placed for a walk into Sousse so you can get out and about if the mood takes you.
All in all a relaxing 10 days at the Marhaba Beach, but if I am being honest 7 days would have been just right. The hotel is extremely good value for money and as such it is difficult to find something sufficiently wrong to really moan about. Don’t go expecting a UK four star rated hotel with fine dining and you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Higher the floor the better
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Ashington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

I have just returned from a week's holiday to this hotel. We were on 3rd floor with sea view which was lovely. The restaurant was a bit of a shambles, queues all the time, only one toaster (not enough for the size of hotel) always running out of glasses for juice, wine etc. Bars: Saloon bar very good, an exc drag show (not too risque) however the barman in the bar near to the foyer was not very pleasant, he had his favourites. The animation team were very hard working and always pleasant. Nothing much outside of the complex, if I went to Tunisia again I would go to Port el kantoui as they seem more geared towards tourists. Overall a nice relaxing holiday, the beach is fab.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Marhaba Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!