“Good value for money nice friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Marhaba Beach Hotel

You added Marhaba Beach Hotel to your Saves list
Marhaba Beach Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Boulevard 7 Novembre | Zone Touristique, Sousse 4039, Tunisia   |
Ranked #2 of 39 Hotels in Sousse
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Good value for money nice friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

It was a nice hotel with some of the best staff I have encountered especially the guys serving food and behind the bar.. The gym was better than my local UK leisure centre so that was a nice surprise. I had a nice clean room on the renovated 4th floor which with was okay and the only real fault I found was that the tub is very high and not very wide. You really have to step up in order to get in it. There isn't any Wifi in the rooms only the lobby and the business centre computers were absolutely useless. The renovations start very very early in the morning so don't expect any kind of lie in if you happen to be close to the building works. The food was quite good with something different each day and this is coming from someone who doesn't like much in the way of foreign food. The decor is a little dated but I enjoyed my stay and the price was right. Overall I had good time there and didn't really leave to do much in the way of sightseeing.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (475)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Leeming Bar, null, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Booked this at the last minute for a relaxing break. I was led by the reviews in Trip Advisor and I was not disappointed. Everything about the break was first class. The staff were friendly and dealt with all queries immediately and with enthusiasm. The room and amenities were clean and in good order. Anything I wanted was only a request away, such a refreshing change from other destinations.
The other guests were equally helpful and friendly and went out of there way to make me feel welcome, a reassurance to me as it was my first break away on my own and I thought I would be wary of others. I was not, I felt part of a group almost immediately and made a few new friends.
I would definately use this hotel again, in fact when I go to Tunisia again this will be the only hotel I will use (and I will be going again).
The only comment I have is that the toaster in the dining hall also thought it was on holiday, and moved so slowly you checked to see if the bread was still moving.
All in all a holiday break that far exceeded my expectations. Well done to everyone at the Marhaba Beach.

Room Tip: Get as high up as you can and ask for a sea view. I requested a move, more in hope than anything el...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

This trip was booked by my mum as a thank you to my husband and I for Ll the support we gave her following the death of my step dad
Ast year. It was also her first trip on her own and she is a lady of discerning taste and used to go in cruise ship holidays.

It's hotel is fabulous, it's clean, beautiful and the staff are quiet simpler amazing. they do not hastle you Nothing is too much trouble for the, and they are so happy that you have come to their hotel. The location on the beach is fab and the locals don't hassle you too much compared to some African countries I have travelled to. As this was my mums first time on such a holiday she felt really safe in the hotel and on the beach so that is a huge plus trust me.......

The food is lovely and there is such variety I defy anyone not to find something to eat everyday.... And we have done all inclusive where the food was awful and we couldn't fault it.

Timo in animation is so fantastic and will make sure everyone is having a nice time and is so good at getting people to join in but equally leaves you alone if that's your thing.

In our group you could not have had a more diverse travel range and a group that was in need of a relaxing holiday and this hotel meet all our expectations and more and ensured that we came home refreshed... Although fed up and grumpy that we had to come home .... Would we go back.... Oh yes we would.

Room Tip: Ask for a beach front room but they are happy to swap you around if they can.. They are currently re...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Newcastle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Hello my husband and i are going to this hotel the last week in September this year for 2 weeks, we stayed in the Mahaba Club last year and had a great time but unfortunately they turned the air conditioning off on the 1st of October, could someone tell me if they leave it on at the Mahaba Beach please & is there any English TV channels.

Thanks
Sally

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Silsden, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Have just returned from a weeks stay at the hotel and have had a fab time. The staff were friendly and helpful and could not do enough for you.The room was spacious and well furnished and we had a sea view and could hear the waves at night.( Blissful) The hotel is undergoing renovations at this time whilst it is quiet but they did not impede on our holiday. After reading other reviews about the food we were a little apprehensive but the food was good with lots of choice and I think some people are very fussy and also need to remember they are in an Muslim country and not England!!! it was great value for money and well worth it. On a down side I think it will be very different in the height of summer and could imagine it being very busy and noisy. Even the staff said they did not like it in the height of summer !!! would definitely return again out of season if looking for good food and a rest.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Cardiff, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Travelling as a couple who had stayed in Skanes, Tunisia twice before, having both good and bad experiences, we thought we would try a different resort. On arrival of our first trip we were welcomed with cocktails and although a short delay whilst waiting for our room to be made up (we arrived at 11.50am, room not ready till after 12pm) we were taken to our first floor room. The room was clean and very spacious and had a good view over looking the pool area. The maids were great, they are happy to clean everyday, however if you don’t want to be bothered you only have to say and they will clean when you request.

The weather in October was fantastic (in the low to mid 30’s), surprisingly warmer than I had expected for this time of the year.

The outdoor pool was adequate in size and was cleaned daily, as our first trip was in October the pool was only half full (but more than enough to swim in). In peak season it is busy and unless you are down to the pool early you may not get a sun bed under a parasol (although there are plenty of beds available in the grounds). You do not need to tip for the sun bed mats; however it is expected as it is a tipping culture. Steve the pool attendant was fantastic, we tipped him the first day and said that we would look after him at the end of the holiday, after this we had sun beds reserved for us (under parasols) everyday of the holiday (without the expectation of a daily tip). We did of course give him a nice tip at the end of the holiday!

In the daytime you have access to the pool bar which is self service or you can ask one of the waiters to get them for you. The beach bar serves snacks throughout the day, if the buffet is not available then you can order off the all inclusive menu and it will be cooked freshly. The mini bar is open throughout the day and is great place to sit and chill out after a hard day of sun bathing. In the evening the salon bar is also open, so plenty of places to get served without having to queue. Again if you tip the waiters (not much) they will look after you for the evening.

Food is served from 6.30am though till 11.00pm, this is the best place that I have been for the availability of food. Breakfast is 6.30am – 10.00am in the main restaurant; late breakfast is served in the snack bar from 10.00am-12.00pm, the beach bar was open for snacks throughout the day, in addition the main restraint opens for lunch 12.30pm – 2.00pm. Evening dinner in the main restaurant opens 6.30pm – 9.00pm and then snack bar is open from 9.00pm – 11.00pm. I am a fairly picky eater but found the food to be good compared with previous resorts we had stayed in and always found something we liked to eat. There are also opportunities throughout the stay to sample some local Tunisian cuisine which I highly recommend.

So the thing that made our holiday so special was the staff and the friends we have made. There are so many to mention but we’ll start with our waiter Riaz. Every meal time we were greeted with a smile and our drinks were served shortly after. Although again as it is a tipping culture there is an expectation to do so, we gave Riaz a small tip at the beginning of the holiday to ensure that he looked after us and again tipped at the end of the two weeks. Although no names to mention, the rest of the staff within the restaurant were fantastic, they would always greet you and ensure that you were having a good time.

We then have the bar staff, they made us feel like we were family and couldn’t do enough for us. So many of them really made our holiday special but a shout out to Salem, Walid, Chokri and Sofien who really were memorable and will be life long friends.

Now onto the animation team, where do I start? These guys are really something else! Khaled, Susie, Leo, Laska, Timo and Joe all work so hard to make everyone happy and they never stop smiling. Kids love them, adults too! From early in the morning when they run archery sessions, mini golf, exercise sessions, Water Polo and French Boules to last thing at night when they are doing the evening entertainment. The comedy sketch show is a must see, I don’t think I have laughed so much in all my life. I could write so much more about these guys, but instead I think you should find out for yourselves. Don’t be surprised if you find yourself saying Hallo Hallo for weeks after you come back of your holiday!

We went as a couple and by the end of the holiday we were a group of 16+. We met some fantastic people, some who lived just 20 minutes down the road back at home and some that live the opposite side of the world. All of which I now stay in touch with on a regular basis and one day hope we can all have a Tunisia 2012 re-union.

All this and more in one trip, we flew back to the UK on 17th October and by 24th October we had booked to go back again from Boxing day till 9th January. I wasn’t sure that any holiday could live up to the last one, but how wrong was I. We walked into the hotel and were instantly recognised by all of the staff and it was like we had never been away. The service as ever was fantastic and I have never felt so at home on holiday. Again we met some amazing people who I now call friends and can’t wait to plan some visits to meet up.

Everything on the second holiday was equally as brilliant as the first, the only differences for us this time was we were on the third floor with a sea view, beautiful and picturesque but the waves crashing were loud at night (for me I would prefer a pool view). The indoor pool was warm so for winter is perfect and for those of you that want to keep trim, the gym facilities are good (although I can’t say that I actually used them).

So what next, well I know I am going to miss the hotel, our friends and the staff, so there is only one thing for it. Yes we are going back in May. See you all soon!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Great Place, Great Christmas and a memorable New Year.

How do I sum up the two weeks over Christmas and New Year at the Marhaba Beach Hotel… “Interesting”.
Arrived 23rd December All inclusive.
Having emails the hotel a few weeks before arrival asking for two, 4th floor, sea view adjoining rooms we were allocated two, 3rd floor, sea view rooms next to each other… well it was close to what we asked for.
Rooms we a real good size and very clean and tidy, the bathroom was good with what a door that either closed to the separate toilet or bathroom area… or would have if it had been fitted better, but a small issue. The tiles and tiling were interesting in places and suspect may have been finished by a four year old but it is a talking point in most of the reports on here.
View from our room was fantastic and great to wake up too on Christmas day…
The entire hotel staff were very friendly and helpful, great waiters and the odd tip ( a dinar here or there)really does ensure you are looked after even better… even to the point where a nod in the right direction ensured drinks were forthcoming.. so if you have the same drinks on a regular basis the service is great.
Christmas Eve Gala evening was fantastic, great food, great service, great atmosphere and great entertainment in a more European style, a real Christmas treat but Christmas day was just another day in the sun, so different to being at home.
New Year Gala evening was more local type music and entertainment and really loud not what I expected after the Christmas Eve event, food not as good, service really slow and gave in after the main course which was served around 10:45 to 11 o’clock at night with still two more course to go… but the evening got worse, friend we had meet while in the hotel had there Ipad stolen and things kicked off.. resulted in four Algerians being arrested and still Ipad wasn’t recovered.
Quick note on Algerians, they did take over the hotel around New Year, they were loud, ignorant and would just take over.. jump queues in dining room and there were a number of incidents of items being stolen and a number of European women being harassed by Algerian men, but this shouldn’t stop you visiting this hotel as its not the hotels fault for the Algerians actions.
The hotel food overall is excellent, meat dishes really tender, good choice of food and you always could have chips with every meal (except breakfast).. which brings me to breakfast its ok but the same everyday hot food try’s to be a English breakfast but isn’t… its ok but after day 2 I wasn’t that bothered, there is the choice of cereals and bread roles, croissants etc. so always something if you want it.

Only trip we did was the 2 day safari, great trip but you do spend a lot of time on a coach but worth it in the long run.

The hotel is a great place to visit, the food is excellent, animation (entertainment) team are really great guys, meet some great people and made some great new friends. Price excellent as well so why not give it a try.

Room Tip: Sea view great from 3rd floor
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Marhaba Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!