“I will return” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Marhaba Beach Hotel

Save Saved
You added Marhaba Beach Hotel to your Saves list
Marhaba Beach Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Boulevard 7 Novembre | Zone Touristique, Sousse 4039, Tunisia   |
Ranked #2 of 39 hotels in Sousse
london
“I will return”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I had read the mixed reviews on here, and was worried. I have been to Tunisia several times, and usually stay elsewhere. I booked the hotel through Travel republic, and was on Half board. I like to try all the different restaurants in Sousse, so all inclusive would not work for me.

I emailed the hotel a week before to request a fridge in my room. I got a reply immediately, which was a good sign. Most of my friends claim emails are not responded to by hotels.

I flew into Tunis, and arrived at the hotel in the afternoon at about 3pm. Check in took less than ten minutes, and I was given a beautiful seaview room on the fourth floor, with lovely views, room 443.

Breakfast consisted of cereals, a range of danish pastries freshly baked, scrambled eggs, tomatoes, sausages,breads, omelettes,pancakes, salamis and salads.

You had a selection of different meat dishes for dinner, fish,chicken,turkey,pork, pizza, pasta, a selection of salads and a wide selection of desserts.There was always traditional Tunisian food available at each evening meal. The food in the evening felt repetitive, but as I ate out most of the time it did not matter.

My waiter in the restaurant was Sami who was amazing.

I was impressed by the service in this hotel, as everyone served me with a smile. The staff were always ready to help.

After breakfast I would usually go and sit by the pool or beach bar, and would order a smoothie from Jalel. After the first day, he knew what I wanted, and always had one waiting for me.

Thank you to Achour,Mounira,Fafani,Sami and Jalel. I will definitely return to the hotel, as I was impressed with the service, I received.

Room Tip: I had room 443 on the corner, which had great views.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

1,318 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (395)
  • Polish first
Scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

was not to sure about Tunisia, need not have worried, Hotel first class, staff really friendly, food as good as i have experienced on any foreign holiday, always plenty of variety and always hot, beach bar and pool bar too the same standard as the resturant. alwayts fresh towels bedding changed twice per week, always hot water for shower, Watersports at beach were cheap and great value for money,beach was first class lovley soft golden sand and very clean. Thomas Cook rep ( Maddie) very helpful and was at the hotel very nearly every day for an hour or two. Now I would not be called grumpy for nothing so now the negatives....... not enough bar staff working often a ten minute wait for a drink if not longer, beer appeared to be watered down if at all alcoholic.... have already booked up for next year can't wait .

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
lincolnshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

We booked this hotel about 3 weeks before we travelled. The pictures look lovely and to be honest the hotel is lovely it just needs some TLC to freshen it up. On the negative side it looks quite jaded. The rooms are being painted slowly in our corridor (2nd floor) we saw 2 rooms being painted during our week stay. The restaurant is very clean but again needs revamp. The food could do with being bit hotter although it wasn't cold so could just be my taste. The waiters were so helpful and ours could not do enough for us. The beach bar is again not as good as it could be. The pumps where you get the coke/fanta etc was faded on the labels and rust was beginning to show through.

Apart from this the hotel is in an amazing position right on the beach with pure white sands and beautiful blue sea. The staff are so friendly and nothing is too much trouble. In the bar Selem the head barman is awesome and we made sure we had a constant supply of drinks and plenty of laughs! The food was ok like I said earlier needed to be bit hotter but plenty of choice at all meal times.

Huge warning though....... Avoid Captain Smiley aka as Captain Jack DO NOT BOOK ANY TRIPS WITH HIM...........YOU ARE NOT INSURED! He caught us on the first day there when we were exhausted and we booked a boat trip with him to find out from other guests that we were not insured and that other guests had been on it and one had gashed her foot and another was only out for 30 minutes when it was supposed to last 2 1/2 hours.

Room Tip: Most rooms have pool/sea view
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

jst got bak from an amazing holiday the staff managers animation team were all brilliant best animation team i have seen made our holiday dont listen to the bad reports as this hotel is amazing.
entertaiment was brill on a night
the pool man was so good gettin us clean towels every day
the veach is absolutly amazing

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

We booked at short notice just for a week. We arrived late and the helpfull staff took our bags while we were directed to the snack bar to eat, I thought this a nice touch.
To our great surprise we were given an upgraded room to a junior sweet(room345), this was very nice but the bath and shower could do with a revamp.
The next morning we woke to a breathtaking sunrise, a nice breakfast led to us hitting the beach, this is the best place to head as the pool was freezing and the design is poor, looked to me like it wasn't full and a lady we met couldn't climb in and out.
Back to the beach. Avoid the guy selling boat trips, my advice is to politely say your not interested or he won't leave you alone. Nice beach with bar and BBQ at lunch , there are guys selling stuff on the beach but they stay behind an imaginary line and don't bother you.
The staff are great and worth tipping especially shariffe and semi in the saloon bar as they couldn't do enough for us.

The entertainment is ok,local entertainers coming in with the big show on Saturday,a drag show, ok if you like that sort of thing but not worth the 15 dinar charge.
It may sound like I am being negative but not really I'm just pointing out things to avoid as Overall a great break for a great price and I would go back.

Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

We have had a nice holiday and this hotel is ok if youve not experienced better. The reception and thomson rep were not helpful. The porter on arrival is pushy and readily has his hand out for a tip. The reception is lovely and gives a nice first impression. The room was fine apart from the grout around the bath which was disgusting. I was bathing one evening and i was not on my own as an insect crawled out of the broken grotty grout. The room was boiling and with it 33 degrees outside there was no air conditioning as it is now out of season!!! The room was clean otherwise. This hotel is no way 4 star. The food was ok but limited in choice compared to other places I have stayed. The indoor pool and gym was shut which was a pain on days where the weather wasnt so good but we were told we could use the Salem which is 15 min walk and of course our drinks were paid for at Mahaba but not at Salem so a bit crap really. The waiter was nice but when he had a day off he did not have a replacement and had to fight to get a pot of tea at breakfast. Some of the food servers were a bit useless too and sometimes foodo your plate went cold while you waited for pasta to be cooked. Trying to get more than a wine glass for coke was an ordeal and a fight as half pint glasses could only have beer in them!!!! Also if you wanted an extra slice of meat it was not without a look from the server!!! The entertainment was poor and the worse I have experienced at a hotel. I could go on but wont. I have bowever had a nice time but would like to add that this is my 7th holiday in Tunisia and have noticed that it has changed over the years - so much litter about, dirty and the Tunisians more aggressive and on times quite frightening which I had not seen or felt before. (I camr here in 1980 as a child)

Bath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Just got back from the Marhaba Beach Hotel and just wanted to say what a fabulous place, we couldn't find fault with it, the rooms were clean, beds and towels changed daily, the food was good and more importantly the food was hot!, friendly staff who went out of their way to make our daughter's 18th birthday special. The beach and gardens were clean and tidy!. Cocktails included in the " all inclusive" which is unusual!!!! will certainly be going back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Marhaba Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!