“Great value!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Marhaba Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sousse
Marhaba Hotel
You added Marhaba Hotel to your Saves list
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Boulevard 14 Janvier 2011 | Zone Touristique, Sousse 4000, Tunisia   |
Ranked #8 of 39 Hotels in Sousse
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Great value!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

We came back to this hotel after visiting last year. Why people expect English food when visiting another country is beyond me! If this is what you expect, stay in England :-) There is always a huge choice of food and there are always several choices of pasta and sauces available, as well as freshly made pizza. Freshly made omelettes for breakfast are lovely and they will always do fried eggs as well. There is a huge selection of food and no need to be hungry. Bearing in mind that you are paying about £30 - £35 a day for the hotel, all of your food and all of your drink, you can't go wrong. The staff are lovely and are polite and helpful, as long as you are with them. You can't expect them to be nice if you are rude to them! The rooms are clean and the maids are great, your room will be made up every day with fresh sheets and towels. The pool is great - see Mustafah for your sunbeds. The beach is lovely as well. We are booking for next year as well. You could not get a holiday like this in England for the money, but people complain about all sorts. You get what you pay for - if you expect 5* then don't book for this hotel!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (263)
  • Polish first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

A group of us stayed here at the end of August for 2 weeks. We arrived at night and check in was ok. We were shown to our rooms and expected to give a tip but didn't have any money on us at the time. Our room was a new one which was basic, had a large bed and a mini fridge, bathroom and balcony. We didn't plan on spending much time in the room anyway. Food was average with different things most days. It did get a bit repetitive but there was always something. I think they could do with more of a choice for children as this was poor. Our waiters were amazing and can't thank them enough. They got us drinks and helped to kids out every night. A tip goes a long way.
We spent most of our time at the pool which was good for kids with the big slides and had lots of activities to do during the day, for both adults and children.

• Stayed August 2013
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Came here on the 4th sept for 2 wks was given a refurbished room witch was nice and clean, maid changed beds and towels every day our room was always spotless she done a very good job The food here is horrible I wasn't expecting the ritz but a bit more English food wouldn't of gone a miss they catered more for Albanians and themselves had to go out to eat which I shouldn't of had to do. The bar staff in the hotel are great especially the day shift they are very friendly and look after you don't no what the entertainment is like cos we never went down, beach is very nice got pestered a bit by the cigarette man overall I think the hotel is nice I don't think I would come back here again if they changed the food I would

• Stayed September 2013
Heckmondwike, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

We arrived after a horrendous trip through customs, (be prepared for this). When we arrived the reception staff were professional if stand offish, we had booked a ground floor room but were allocated one on the 2nd floor, when I complained I was asked to wait and one would be found for me after I had dined, but at 2:30 I gave up and accepted the higher floor room, and was pleasantly surprised the room had a great sea view was light and airy with a nice balcony, the only downside was we were above the main eating area so the air conditioning from it was loud, but on a evening and early morning the patio doors were shut so it wasn't really noticeable, and we didn't intend to spend much time during the day in the room.
The food was a little repetitive but perfectly edible and quite nice, the breakfast had a nice choice, eggs, omelettes (fried if asked for), pastries, cereals and lots of other choices. The lunch and Dinners basically followed suit, but I managed to eat something different nearly every meal, with fresh cooked fish or chicken available every night.
The pool area had a choice of pastas,chips and fresh cooked pizzas available.
The staff I have to say were very accommodating and helpful, like any country they really appreciate politeness ,respect and of course the all important tip. I generally tipped the maid, waiting staff, pool staff and most importantly the pool sunbed guy, our room was spotless every day with nice little friendly touches added by the maid, swans made from towels etc, I never had to move for a drink at meal times, they were always bought to us, the same with pool side drinks and as I said the sunbed man for the princely sum of around £3 per day I had 3 beds with umbrella and table within toe touching distance of the pool.
The entertainment staff tried their hardest, they were on site from morning till midnight, with many activities and a smile, if I had to pick fault it would be that most seemed to be aimed at the adults and little for the children, ours mostly enjoyed the pool and slides to much to move anyway .
We had our daughters birthday whilst we were away and they made it a great experience for her, the dining table was beautifully decorated and a hand made cake was bought to the table, with the waiters all singing 'happy birthday' to her. As did the entertainment staff later that evening on stage.
All in all you get what you pay for if you expect 5 star quality book elsewhere. For a mid range hotel I found this a great holiday , I have always found if you treat people with respect you get it back, which was evident with the many staff that came to us purposely to say goodbye.
We were a little sad to leave and wish we had booked longer. This is a definite place we will look to book in future years to return to.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

After reading these reviews I was worried. Taking a 4 month old and a 4 year old here I was concerned for our safety and health but was fairly surprised.
Rooms: was given a key card so was happy we had a newer room (if u get a key then it's a older room) opened the door to a very clean but small room for 4 people. It was just 1 room for us all. Because I saw it had a fridge I assumed it had a kitchenette area but this is not the case. The fridge didnt work and the patio door didnt lock but these were fixed within 10 mins of us complaining.
Pool: Lovely big pool area with always plenty of loungers free even in August. Tip the pool man 1 dinar a day and he will have your beds ready every morning so no getting up early. The tiles were slippery so be careful.
Beach: 2 min walk from the hotel and it had its own bar area which was part of the AI so that was handy. It's a beautiful beach with clear sea and not a stone in sight. Beware of the Jellyfish though as my partner and 4 year old got stung.
Entertainment: this is poor. Kids disco doesn't start until 9pm which is way too late. It's also outside next to the pool so if u are travelling with non swimmers then it can be nerve racking as its literally right on the pool edge. After kids disco is bingo then karaoke, or some rubbish show.
Food: this was ok, I'm a fussy but always found something. Fresh pizzas, pancakes, omelettes etc.
Staff: mixed review on the staff as the entertainment team were lovely, so friendly and try to get the kids envolved. The bar staff are miserable as sin. If a pretty girl joins the queue then sod the rest of us they get served first.
Other guests: this is what ruined our holiday, English are the minority here which doesn't bother me but the rudeness of other guests did bother me. The Albanians leave their kids in and around the pool and they caused mayhem. Holding other kids under water, splashing (not in a nice way) climbing up the slides so others who went up the stairs barely got a turn, pushing and taking others buckets, spades etc. one little boy (around 2 years old and just left to his own devises) pulled down his swim shorts and wee-d into the pool from standing on the edge. Another actually poo-d in it! Parents no where to be seen. This isn't the hotels fault but def what ruined it for us.
All in all we had a ok week in the sun but wouldn't return to Tunisia.

• Stayed August 2013
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

My husband and I have just returned home from our holiday and a wonderful time in this Hotel. We have stayed in 33 different all inclusive hotels all over the world ranging from 3 star to 5 star so have had many different experiences.
I was very worried about going here due to all the bad reviews but I need not have worried.
I don;t understand all the negative reviews because this is a 3 star hotel and a budget holiday....you get what you pay for! if you want glasses to drink out of rather than plastic cups, if you want broad way style shows or you want 5 star food then you should book a 4 or 5 star hotel and pay the price for services of a 4 or 5 star hotel. You can not expect 5 star treatment if you are only willing to pay for 3 star treatment......simple as that!
I wont go in to too much detail as others have done this already but the long and short of it is....
our room was clean and spacious.
The beach and pool areas were very nice.
The food was different every day and tasted nice.
The staff are some of the warmest and friendliest people I have ever met, they don't expect tips at all! all they want from you is to treat them as human beings, smile, say please and thank you, do this and they will treat you like royalty......We did not tip anyone until our last day and yet we were treated so good by everyone. The amount of people we witnessed with no manners was unbelievable. I have to say a big mention to Nouri (the waiter at the pool bar every evening) he was fantastic and belongs in a 5 star hotel. The animation team are brilliant and are always happy. so to sum up, if you just want some sun, a decent room and a nice beach and pool, friendly staff and food that tastes nice you will love this hotel. but if you want more than this then please double your holiday budget to get what you want.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Newcastle, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

we arrived at this hotel about 2 in the morning , we were given our room and the toliet was leaking however we were all tired so we complained late on that day and they changed our room.
This room was modern but not very clean it started to get cleaned properly once we tipped ,towels were grey and hard sheets never looked clean.
FOOD - pizza , fatty beef , cold chips , arabic food same food for 2 weeks gets pretty boring .
The day we were leaving my mam fell down concrete steps due to there being coke spilt on the floor , the receptionist just stared at her , thankfully to fellow holiday makers helped her up she smacked her head and bruised her leftside . i have never known them not to care , i am also recovering from bad sickness which ive caught from this dump .

Top Advice Dont GO

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Marhaba Hotel? Share your experiences!