“Amazing staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Scheherazade Hotel Sousse

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sousse
Scheherazade Hotel Sousse
You added Scheherazade Hotel Sousse to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Bloulevard du 14 Janvier, Sousse 4039, Tunisia   |
Ranked #1 of 39 Hotels in Sousse
“Amazing staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Well, what can I say. Booked a week away from the British weather in first week of December at the Scheherazade Hotel in Sousse (Thomsons Couples) and were greeted when we arrived by the most wonderful staff we have ever known. They looked after us everyday as though it were Kings and Queens and always with a smile. The rooms were immaculate with fantastic views over the gardens and sea and were cleaned everyday to a really high standard with a new towel design on the bed each day. The food was amazing and although all inclusive you never felt as though you have over done it. Definitely book again.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms have a shared pool
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (442)
  • Hungarian first
West Lothian
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This is one hotel I would recommend to any one. I am still hear but thought the readers would like to hear about the great staff who are always willing to help, it has great facilities, and the food amazing. All the rooms have a sea view. Our relaxing week in the sun is nearly over but I will be looking to.come back

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Swindon, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We went to the Thompson Couples Sousse Hotel in November - we choose the hotel based on the reviews on this site.

We were both slightly disappointed as it's not as fantastic as the reviews indicated - although the staff are great and I think that is why the ratings are so high - if I was reviewing purely on the staff it would be 4.5. They are helpful and cheerful (most of them). The chap that cleans the pool works had and is a gem and was always so cheerful. Everyone says how good Hadi is (and I cant say differently) I would also say Mr Mohammad and the team in the Indian restaurant are the best.

Having said all that - for an AI we have never tipped so much (again like other reviewers have said - you may not have to tip but because others do you tend to feel mean not to as well.

Regarding the comments by others about the bathrooms not having tiles - not a problem as the walls are sealed and fine. My issue is the bath in our room was discolored and didnt make you want to be in it more then necessary. Our maid was lovely though and I think it was the quality of the bathroom suite not the person cleaning that caused this.

My other problem was my phobia of birds (I know that isnt the hotels fault) and I know that through the day I have to deal with it - however, I do have issues with birds being able to get in from outside and then left to fly around over food all night. Luckily when my husband explained my phobia to Hedi and Mr Mohammad they immediately let us eat in the Indian restaurant for the rest of our stay in the evenings and for that I am very grateful.

Other reviewers have also commented on the shop just outside the hotel - it is good value and great to potter, we got all our gifts in there.

We did the El Djem trip only (we'd been before to the area so didnt want to do any of the other trips again). El Djem for us was worth the trip and the guide was really knowledgeable

Room Tip: we had a pool view room (601 I think) and it was in November quiet.
Glasgow, United Kingdom

Just returned from this amazing hotel ,spent 2 lovely weeks with my husband ,
This was our second time in the hotel and we would go back again ,we were treated
So well by all the staff ,from every department they could not do enough for us .
Also Hedi is a great ambassador for this hotel .

Room Tip: All the rooms are good they are all facing the sea.
Sunderland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I have to say the food is really nice here (although we are not keen on the breakfast). The health and safety issue I have noticed that affects many guests is how you have to lift up the lids and pull the lid right back to get to the food. The problems are of course the steam rises and scalds people's hands and arms, also the containers are balanced on top of hot plates leading to a high risk of the containers coming off the hot plates leading to possible serious injury. My suggestion would be to try turning the containers sideways so guests can safely lift the metal lids to the side. The staff and service is excellent in the bars.

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Swindon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Our initial impression was the decor was a bit tired, but we understood there is a programme of refurbishments taking place and not all complete yet. That said, the hotel is still very good. It is kept clean by an army of cheerful cleaners who don't seem to go home! All the staff from the receptionist to the manager were friendly, helpful and had an eye for attention to detail. The food was outstanding throughout the holiday with great variety and choice for all tastes even if you wanted to pretend you were still in England and have chips with everything! The pools were great although the main one was freezing....undoubtedly due to the fact we went in December!! The inner pool was great though...nicely heated! The grounds were well maintained and you could use sunbeds by the pools, in the gardens or on the private beach (which was the best between the hotel and Sousse about 30 mins amble along the beach). The Gym is a shed on the beach which we thought hilarious although it is well stocked with equipment if you feel the urge to be healthy! Outside the hotel there is a great minisupermarket to the right about 50 yards. To the left there is an ATM within 100 yards and another about 300 yards on the opposite side. You can walk into Sousse along the road which is littered with restaurants and bars although there is a convoy of taxis outside the hotel which charge about £3-£4.00 to get into Sousse (make sure you agree the price before you start the journey!!)
Downside for us was the wine tasted like vinegar, but this is a Muslim country and I am a wine snob!!! If you like your wine in a glass and flowing freely, you wont be disappointed! All in all, a great place to eat and drink too much and go home heavier, browner and happier than when you arrived

Room Tip: All the rooms have a sea view but I would try and get one on the top floor if you want early nights...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

What a welcome!! I will try to keep it short but agree with all the positive reviews about this hotel. We stayed in Room 219 - the view was stunning, the room was good and despite all the negative comments about no tiles in the bathroom - it was refreshing to note that the bathroom walls had a special water repellent plaster and had no grotty grouting issues - I say bring it on. A lot of thought went into the comfort and finer detail towards the guest - like the good night gesture and the daily artistic arrangement of replacement towels as well as the welcoming complimentary bottle of wine and fruit bowl, water and coke in the fridge. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff. The chefs were brilliant, ( I like good quality food ) and indeed my impression of Tunisian people generally is overall a pleasure to be with. The only downside for us - we did not think it would be advisable to explore further afield on our own - as we usually do. But if you like sunbathing, relaxing, eating, drinking then you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Room 219 - lovely sunny aspect and lower floor
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Scheherazade Hotel Sousse? Share your experiences!