“What a great place to chill” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Scheherazade Hotel Sousse

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sousse
Scheherazade Hotel Sousse
You added Scheherazade Hotel Sousse to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Bloulevard du 14 Janvier, Sousse 4039, Tunisia   |
Ranked #1 of 39 Hotels in Sousse
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“What a great place to chill”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We went for a week to this hotel and it is the first time we have gone all inclusive. What a joy. The hotel was kept beautifully clean and tidy. All areas were constantly being cleaned including the beach and pool areas. The rooms are spacious and the cleaner takes time and effort to make you feel at home.
The staff at the hotel from gardener to manager are very polite and friendly. They always say hello when they are passing and always have a smile on their faces. The Thomson rep Kirk was great he was very helpful and always seemed to be around when you needed him.
The food was excellent. I am a very fussy eater and it didn't matter one bit because I was always able to find something to my liking and plenty of it. The waiters are very good at topping up your glasses but without being in the way.
The fridge in the room has water and coke in it and their is a bottle of wine and fruit there on the day of arrival. If you want more water, coke, teabags, milk etc. just ask the bar staff and top up every day.
The only negative thing about the holiday was that I was not able to get my drink - bicardi. As it is a muslim country they do not have alcohol the same strength as ours and often they do not have international drinks because of the very high tax they have to pay on them. Fortunately I took a bottle of bicardi with me and I just added it to my coke. The hotel did not seem to mind this so if you want UK drinks you might be better to buy some at the duty free on the way out.
It is a couples hotel and I must say my husband and I enjoyed this aspect of it as it gave us peace and quiet to relax and enjoy the stay.
We would certainly go back.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (429)
  • Hungarian first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Just returned from a fantastic two week holiday at this great hotel. From the moment you arrive the happy friendly staff cannot do enough for you. Staff say they are treated well by their managers and this really shows in the amazing atmosphere in this hotel. Rooms (we had swim up 501) are immaculately clean, smell fresh, and the beds are huge and very comfortable with beautiful soft sheets. The bathroom, despite all the bad reviews is clean, a bit dated but how much of your holiday do you spend in the bathroom? In fact all areas of the hotel are scrupulously shiny and clean. The meals are amazing! From the main restaurant to the snack bar by the sea/pool, to the afternoon tea in the bar, everything was beautifully displayed and delicious. So many choices even the pickiest eater would be satisfied. I have to agree with other reviewers when they say that the staff make this hotel stand out from the rest! They are all truly amazing! Happy, chatty, friendly and so helpful you cannot fault them. I do have to mention my favourites, who went the extra mile to really make my holiday special, Medhi, our waiter in the main restaurant, who always had our preferred drinks waiting for us and ensured glasses were refilled without being asked, always happy to have a chat and answer my "nosy" questions. Khemais, in the upstairs bar, again always remembering drink orders and always happy to laugh and chat. Kamel, porter, such a nice man, always a happy smile and a wave, seemed to work 24hrs a day! And Yassine, waiter in the fantastic Indian restaurant and the snack bar, he went out of his way to make sure we enjoyed the experience of the Indian and shared our, slightly strange sense of humour! The location of the hotel is beautiful with every room having a sea view. Would we go back again? Definitely! Looking at the brochures already! Would recommend to everybody!

Room Tip: All rooms have sea view. Swim up rooms are great but probably not worth money out of season as pool...
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

I can not say enough good things about this hotel, although an older building with a few cracked floor tiles and a strong smell of paint in the bathroom, I would return in a heartbeat.
Room Cleaned and made pretty everyday with towel art and rose petals, pool area kept very nice and surrounded by will kept gardens and clean beach
Good food, plenty of choice of freshly cooked dishes, Thank you to Bilel for my daily omelet, and Aziza, who cooked fresh food and chatted each day...the added bonus of an Al la carte Indian meal if booked 24 hrs in advance.
The staff from the man who maintained the pool to the housekeeping staff, bar and restaurant staff and people on reception were all exceptional... Always a " hello " and a smile..
The customer service manager Hedi was a scream and anyone going should attend his very funny Arabic class.
This hotel is rated no1 and this is well deserved. This was my 6th visit to Tunisia but first to this couples hotel and may I say, not my last..
Would I recommend this hotel.. Oh Yeah, and will be rebooking without
a doubt !

Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Currently staying in the hotel and it is our last day. Very suitable for couples and has a relaxing atmosphere. Staff are all very friendly and make you feel welcome. The food is very nice with a different theme each night (buffet). The weather is warm but not hot, the hotel has a second pool which is heated but you won't feel cold sat in the second pool area or on the beach. On our last two mornings we used the hotels spa facility, I would highly recommend this. It was very relaxing and the perfect end to the holiday, again the staff are very friendly and make sure you are comfortable. Would recommend this hotel for any couple looking for a relaxing holiday.

Room Tip: Would recommend a sea view room
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We spent a week here, 16th to 23rd November and for £357 per person I thought it was a good deal. (Would have been £297 if I had made booking a week earlier -left it to three weeks before we went).
The bedroon was nice enough, with fridge, tea and coffeee making facilities and tv. We took up the offer of a mattress topper and it was v comfortable. Bathroom very worn and if we had paid more I would probable have asked to move but hot water plentiful, shower decent pressure and bath large and deep. Basic all-purpose detergent/body wash provided by dispenser on wall. Rather worn bathrobes and towels, the latter being changed every day.The whole interior of the hotel is rather tired and dated although clean, however the exterior is very nice with tidy gardens, good size pools and lovely sandy beach. Money has been spent on the sunbeds with an array of double canopy style beds to choose from as well as some different styles of single sunbeds. Cushions are provided by the very pleasant lifeguards (Zied is particularly helpful) and nothing is too much trouble. I would recommend taking own beach towels as ones provided by hotel are rather small.
Going at this time of year meant the sun had gone by 3pm, but weather was great and the hottest November for 12 years.
Evening entertainment was exactly what we liked-low key, lounge bar style singers. All very good at what they did.
The food was very good for the price with extensive choice, catering for every taste. There was a theme every night-Italian, Far East, Mediterranian, etc with Tunisian dishes available every meal time, plus fish,pasta, great salad bar and a variety of other things on offer-kebabs, cuttlefish, curries, etc. Can't see how anyone could ever complain. Ok, sometimes the descriptions didn't actually match the dish but it was rather funny to see that the "tuna" was actually liver!
What probably made the dining even better was some of the exceptional waiting staff. Special mention to Amine (breakfast and lunchtime) who made our holiday by being superbly efficient but inobtrusive. Also Karim and Mohammed Ali were great waiters on an evening. A couple of the others (I won't mention names) were rather lacking and could learn by their older colleagues. I would suggest tipping a bit at beginning of holiday and then again at end. Stick to the same waiters and they get to know what you like and keep your glass topped up. Egg chef Belil was lovely too, doing a great job inspite of having to cook a large nmber of omelettes, fried eggs and potato cakes. There were also some great filled breads made fresh by the chefs on a lunch time - highly recommended!
When it came to drinks we stuck to the red wine which was v drinkable-the rose was v rough and the white not disimilar to a chenin blanc. The lager was ok, not unlike the Turkish Efes. Spirits did seem rather innocuous/weak so we just had the odd neat liquer.
Special mention to Hedi the guest services manger- he was an absolute cutie, nothing too much trouble and superb at his job. Probably the best I've come across.
To sum up, yes, we'd definitely return at some point especially at that price.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Visted for a weeks fly & flop holiday 5/11/14 and had a great time. Left feeling relaxed, pampered and a couple of pounds heavier. Staff really are what sets this place apart. They all have a can do attitude & nothing is too much trouble. Mohammed at the front desk, all the girls & boy at the spa and all the boys in the restaurants too many to mention deserve praise. Hedi is of course unique & a joy to discover :)

You wont regret booking here if the price is right (like it was for us) but rooms and en suite are not luxurious and due to three days of rain we spent alot of time cooped up in the small room. This in no way ruined our experience but something to bear in mind.

Food was lovely with lots of choice and chances to experience new things. We definitely took advantage of the all inclusive and had good meals at all times of day.
We only left resort to venture into the medina market once & have since regretted this as bargains were everywhere and the pound really is strong in Tunisia.

Go and enjoy we would come back here with no hesitation and met some really wonderful people.

• Stayed November 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

This place is absolutely wonderful. If you want a week of total relaxation, incredible food, impeccable service, luxury surroundings and a really relaxed atmosphere, go here. You get completely spoilt and feel like a new person after a week's holiday here.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to Scheherazade Hotel Sousse? Share your experiences!