“good hotel :)” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 37 hotels in Alexandria
“good hotel :)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

Staff are very kind , and location is wonderful ,
room is somehow small , and breakfast quality is not good ,
No one to park you car you had to park it yourself and parking is not free and you need to drive around hotel to park your car
but generally i enjoyed staying there

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Mohamed E, General Manager at Mercure Romance Alexandria, responded to this review, December 15, 2013

Greetings from Mercure Alexandria Romance

We very much appreciate your comments. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. Meanwhile, please accept our sincere apology for any inconveniences encountered during your stay in our hotel.

I will share your comments with our team, I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of services.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

255 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

Best hotel in Alexandria , I feel home when I enter the hotel
The location and cleanliness are great. Prices are cheap comparing with other hotels in same category.
I wish I and my family could live in such a hotel . Regards
Tamer Elsheshtawy & Family

• Stayed December 2013

Alexandria, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

Since 8years I visited Alexandria twice a year and stayed in Mercure and I really would like to thank every body there from the caption till the general manager they really have very nice rooms with the most beautiful view to the sea , very clean room well equipped , LCD Internet service all room facilities needed.
Concerning the food and beverages department sometimes I was tired and I could not go to the restaurant I ordered the breakfast in the room and the room service brought a very nice breakfast inside the room.
Also I have to mention that reception staff are very friendly
Last year I visited the hotel with one of my best friends the famous actress
And she was very satisfied
Finally I would like to thank mr.mohamed Elian the general manager ,mr. Ali Othman the front office manager , ms, Hana kamal the guest relations manager and all the hotel team

Room Tip: I have to mention that suite 501 is very nice
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Mohamed E, General Manager at Mercure Romance Alexandria, responded to this review, December 5, 2013

Cairo Governorate, Egypt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

Room with a great direct sea view. Room is small but got all what i needed and comfortable. Resturant offered a wide selection with a good quality food. Front desk were prompt and friendly. Need valet parking. Would love to go back again in the near future.

• Stayed December 2013
Mohamed E, General Manager at Mercure Romance Alexandria, responded to this review, December 4, 2013

1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR
One of the baddest hotels I visit before you can't imagine how the hotel is dirty and all the hotel need to wash and repainting ....it's really dirty.
I hate it and will never visit it and i will tell all my friends about it.
It was one of the shot vacation in Alexandria.
The hotel without any facilities available , even the band wasn't work since more that one year .
But the breakfast was good. the rooms are very small and very noisy.
moreover people on the hotel entrance or gate (staff+security+Police+bell man) :):):) are helpful they can arranging a taxi with good confirmed rate..they were good
The is many rust in the towels holder
Only the breakfast and the view are the good things for the money we paid

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

First of all I am really disastrous to just knew that is one of Accor hotels, the chain which have hotels like sofitel Arc de Triompe in paris and sofitel Jumeirah in dubai isn't the company who owned that ridicules hotel.
Secondly I totally shocked to the hotel rank on TripAdvisor web site, you must send inspectors to the hotels to check if it really hotels or any thing else also to check as per any reasons that hotel was ranked as 4 stars.
The rooms were so bad, there is no maintenance in the rooms or the walls in the hotel there is many clefts in the walls in rooms or corridors.
Where is the supervising in that hotel? Where are the managers? Where is your conscience? And we asked to improve the tourism in our country!!!
I put some pictures from my room and my friend's room to see the hotel in fact

Room Tip: There is no good room at that hotel
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

Dear all,

I would like to take this opportunity to appreciate your kind hospitality as I am a frequent customer on weekly basis for both business and pleasure. furthermore I would like to extend my gratitude to all hotel departments for their outstanding services. Looking forward on seeing you in the near future and wish you the best of luck and all challenges ahead. Special thanks for Mr. Ahmed El Wakil , Hanaa kamel , Michel fayek , Samer rowshdy , ayah waheed , heba mahmoud and the guys how are responsible for serving the meals Amr abo elalla , Yousry and hany and all the billman Abdo, Sameh, Essam & Hashem .

The service was excellent, food was delicious and I enjoyed the warm staff feelings in their treatment for my family and myself.

I enjoy my stay with your hotel because it feels like home .

Room Tip: i preffer room 610 and 510
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Mohamed E, General Manager at Mercure Romance Alexandria, responded to this review, November 25, 2013

Mohamed ELIAN - Hotel's General Manager

Been to Mercure Romance Alexandria? Share your experiences!