Review for Casa Wagner
I stayed with my wife and my extremely curious 2 year old son for three nights. This is an amazing place to stay be it a family or for couples. As a proficient hotelier based at Dubai, I would definitely return to stay with them at Brasov. The primary reason for me for choosing to stay at Casa Wagner was its location. It's bang on this amazing Centru (the city center dedicated for pedestrians, hosting some of the best alfresco's). It's a stone throw distance from natural potable drinking water fountain, 3 mins walking distance from the famous black church. 10 mins walking distance from the historic Rope street.
We stayed in room number 24 that was basically a chic attic style room. The hotel also offers excellent complimentary Wifi in the rooms as well as their public areas.
A special mention to their housekeepers and the reception lady - Tunde! During this trip to Romaina we stayed in 5 different hotels in different locations, but these staff at Casa Wagner were way in top of our experience. They always took their time to check on the comfort of my little boy. Their reception staff speak good English which was a huge relief for me. They are also very polite and courteous.
Now I did get a chance to see one of their junior suites during my stay there. It's obviously more spacious and comfortable. It was just a shame that none of their junior suites were available for us to book.
Tip to fellow Travelers
1. If your carrying heavy suit cases, be mindful as taxis cannot access to the entrance of the hotel. So you're better make sure that the suitcases have strong castors (wheels). Also they have staircases all over (no elevators) and this means be prepared to do some heavy lifting.
2. Brasov taxi system, has been the most efficient systems I have ever seen. Every time you command for a city taxi, the operators tell you that your taxi will be there in 3 mins. I used their city taxi services in 22 different occasions, and believe me the taxis arrived in under three mins ALL 22 times. Above that, it's extremely economic to use taxis. The highest I had been charged (to travel within Brasov) was 4 USD (14 Ron) and in most case your trip is maximum of 5 Rons.
3. If you are interested in trying their local cuisine, please visit the restaurant called "Ceasu Rau". It's a 5 minute taxi ride from Casa Wagner.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The building that hosts the hotel is a monument dating back to 1477, being documented as one of the first three buildings to have been erected on the central square. The same love and attention to detail has been given to its restoration and renovation, all the rooms having been minutely decorated with antique furniture, yet equipped with modern amenities. The hotel has 12 rooms all with en-suite bathrooms, color cable TV, internet connection, telephone and minibars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Hotel Casa Wagner reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Wagner Hotel
- Casa Wagner Brasov