“Probably the best in town but very well situated” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Get 10% Off for 2 nights
Ranked #1 of 50 Hotels in Brasov
Montreal, Canada
“Probably the best in town but very well situated”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Probably the best hotel in Brasov but a bit fare from the old town.
Recommended if you have a car as we did otherwise you need to take taxis to go to the center.
Very nice and modern hotel with spacious rooms and bath rooms.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Catalin_Bejan, General Manager at Kronwell Hotel, responded to this review, July 5, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review here on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay at Kronwell Brasov Hotel !

We take great pride in offering a pleasant experience to all our guests, from the promptitude of reception staff to the comfort of our rooms.

Regarding our location, the Kronwell Brasov Hotel is situated in the business area of the city due to our target market, but getting a taxi to the city center costs about 2 $.

It was a pleasure having you as our guest and we look forward to welcoming you back again next time.

On behalf of Catalin Bejan- General Manager Kronwell Brasov Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Hebrew first
Bucharest, Romania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

I was very curios about this hotel since a couple of days ago. I was researching for hotels to stay in Brasov, yet Kronwell came first (choosen the best by Tripadvisor users). I couldn't understand how such a hotel could impress so many people, yet get 97% ranking. I was thinking this is not possible, but it was.

One thing I love the most, was that the employees were very polite with us, yet they even asked us to carry the luggages. Furthermore, what also impressed me was that they even offered to give us a umbrella (it was raining) when we left to the car.

The room is very modern and very clean. I've never seen a smart TV in a hotel room before or an Ipad (or min-Ipad). I've never seen a hotel with a bath tube + a shower. And also consider you can bath while watching TV. It's awesome. Also, you need to be little careful with the glass bathroom, because it's easily to hit them. It's even they aren't there.

We really loved the view from the room too. Even if the hotel is next to the rail station, I think the view is awesome. Ah, not to forget - even the elevator has touch screen, which is nice. If you have a car it takes around 7-8 minutes to get to the old city center (if you have GPS). The parking is free in the city (in some parkings) on Sundays.

Everything in the room is new. The bed was very big and we really loved to sleep in it. The bed was perfect. We had around six pillows. The room is very big. You even have a coffee/tea machine in the room (btw, the tea/coffee is free to make). You even have a safe deposit.

The internet is free - you have internet on the mini-Ipad, on the smart TV and even on your laptops/tablets/etc, if you want.

I also loved the room service. We ordered by phone a couple of things (soup + chocolate souffle + some very good chicken breast). The soup was very good. We loved the chicken breast very much, not to mention the chocolate souffle was awesome. We liked that the good came in our room kinda fast, on a table. I really loved that we could eat in our room.

Parking + Internet + Breakfast are free. Also, I loved the fact smoking is not allowed in the hotel rooms. The rooms are quiet. The room also had some good wines (+ glasses) inside.

My only complain are the following: the lighting in the mirrors is very poor - if you are a woman is nearly impossible to make-up (you need luck in order to make-up). Don't get me wrong, the lights in the room are very cool, but the lights you need in the mirror (at the bathroom) isn't that good for make-up.

All in all, everything is awesome. One tip - instead of spending a little less on another hotel in Brasov, spend your money on this hotel. Trust me, you will not regret. Everything is new, luxurious and the food is awesome. Even is the smart TV is big. If I were to go to Brasov again (and I will), I'll choose Kronwell again.

I haven't seen so much kindness, honesty and civilization in a hotel in Romania. Everyone smiles also. Here the time passes really fast, because everything is amazing.

Room Tip: choose the floor 5 or above
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr. Valentin,
Thank you for choosing Kronwell Brasov Hotel and special thanks for helping us maintain our ranking on Tripadvisor through your beautiful words of appreciation!

It is always great to receive feedback from our guests. If it is that positive it is even more pleasant. It gives me a tremendous pleasure to read that we were successful in offering you an amazing experience.

Our team is always trying to go above and beyond to provide exceptional service. Your appraisal of our team, services and facilities prove our commitment to hospitality. Seeing our guests happy is our greatest satisfaction! I will make sure to share your thoughtful comments with all our team.

Regarding the lighting levels in the bathroom, they were previously reported as insufficient therefore the interior design company is already testing alternative solutions. The vanity mirror in the bathroom provides a special light too.

It was a pleasure having you as our guest and we look forward to welcoming you back again next time with the same kindness and honesty you mentioned!

Richmond, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

Easily the most modern (and clean) room I've ever stayed in!! The bathroom is all glass walls making the room feel huge. I was visiting a friend in Bucharest and decided to go to Brasov on my own for a couple of days to tour the local castles. My only complaint was that it wasn't close walking distance to city center so getting out and about wasn't convenient, but the room was so nice that outside of touring, I really didn't want to leave it. Parking and breakfast were included in the price and the staff was extremely helpful. I also got room service both nights that I stayed since I wasn't really interested in dining alone and the food was really good and cheap considering how those charges typically go. Even though the rooms have a fully stocked wine rack and mini-bar, my recommendation is bring a bottle of wine, rent a movie on your ipad, and enjoy the luxury of the tub. The hotel has been open just over a year (Feb 2013) and the staff is maintaining the new feeling. Should I return to Brasov, there is no other place that I will stay!!

Room Tip: Make sure you get the suite with the bathroom pictured below (I believe it's called the lifestyl...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Catalin_Bejan, General Manager at Kronwell Hotel, responded to this review, July 4, 2014

Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

We stayed in Kronwell hotel for only one night on a group trip through transylvania. The rooms are very nice. They even have an ipad mini to use while in the room. The bathrooms are a little bit strange with glass walls so you feel a bit on display when you are in the bathtub at least. The bathtub in the lifestyle rooms are very nice. The drains in the shower doesn't have enough sloping so you might get a bit more water on the rest of the bathroom floor than you planned. The beds are a little bit tall. And there was one light i wasn't able to find the switch for so I ended up having to take the keycard out of the activation switch to be able to sleep. And the temperature settings are not that easy. When we arrived the bathroom floor was a bit too cold and it heated up very slowly.

The service was impeccable. They helped carry the bags to and from the rooms, served coffee and tea at the breakfast buffet. (Which is a little bit strange for Scandinavians)

I heard from others in our group that the swimming pool was nice.

It's a nice place to stay for couples. I would like to stay at Kronwell hotel again.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Catalin_Bejan, General Manager at Kronwell Hotel, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Dear guest,

The Kronwell concept has emerged from the desire to welcome guests to enjoy a comfortable and cozy ambiance, yet modern and luxurious. Our Signature Lifestyle rooms, have been mostly appreciated for the differentiated open design-glass bathroom, were guest are able to enjoy their preferred movie while having a bubble bath. The rain-shower is also build in a separate room, were intimacy is granted. Our Business an Executive Rooms offer wooden blackouts covering the glass tube bathroom so as to favor intimacy.

Regarding the lighting system, at each check-in, our staff offers a room orientation if the guest permits it, and they usually explain the light control system, as it is indeed a more complex one. In the situations when a group checks-in, it is more challenging for our bellmen’s to make the room presentation to each guest.

Our team is always trying to go above and beyond to provide exceptional service. I will make sure to share your thoughtful comments with all our team.

Bucharest
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

I stayed at Kronwell twice, and had an awesome experience each time. Fabulous rooms, a very nice and clean spa, and welcoming staff. Free parking, which is welcome in Brasov.

It is a 40 minute walk or a short taxi ride from the old city centre.

The only minor negatives I could find are the slightly soft mattress and the puzzling lighting system, but I am just nit-picking.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you for your positive review here on Tripadvisor and for choosing Kronwell Brasov Hotel!

It is always a delight to hear that our guests enjoyed their stay with us and also a pleasure to read your appraisal of our team, services and facilities.

Regarding our location, the Kronwell Brasov Hotel is situated in the business area of the city due to our target market.

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

Thanks for a great week of relaxing This was a great stay for us as we spent are anniversary in Brasov. Was a great experience right from the booking and all the extras that we asked for before arriving which were all just perfect. Then a great driver picking us up In Bucharest The Staff at this hotel are all 6 star To any one from North America wanting a great hotel like home Well this is it or even better than we have here in Canada The Staff made the trip even more special to Us Thanks to all of you for a special week Robin and Sofia

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr. Robin and Mrs. Sofia,

Thank you for choosing Kronwell Brasov Hotel for your anniversary and special thanks for the beautiful words of appreciation!

Whether is about a transfer from Bucharest or making flower arrangements, our team is always trying to go above and beyond to provide exceptional service. Your appraisal of our team, services and facilities prove our commitment to hospitality. Seeing our guests happy is our greatest satisfaction! I will make sure to share your thoughtful comments with all our team.

We hope that you will present us with the opportunity to welcome you back to Kronwell Hotel Brasov in the proximate future.

Best regards,
On behalf of Catalin Bejan- General Manager Kronwell Brasov Hotel!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

We stayed in the hotel for a full week and I can not find one issue. It was perfect.
The rooms are the highest standart, breakfast is great and the service in general is also wonderfull.
The hotel is not in the historical center so if you dont have a car it could be a problem, but the hotel itself is highly recomended.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your five star review here on TripAdvisor and for choosing Kronwell Brasov Hotel!

It is always great to receive feedback from our guests.

Best regards,
On behalf of Catalin Bejan- General Manager Kronwell Brasov Hotel!

Been to Kronwell Hotel? Share your experiences!