I live in Romania and I travel a lot inside my country. Brasov is a special place to spend a few days for cultural, on the mountain, or historical sightseeing activities.
Although the city benefits from superb architecture, exciting activities and friendly people – one should be aware of the quality of some of the high class hotels in the centre of the city. Most of them charge very high prices for low quality (mainly old and dusty rooms).
Having this experience I set out to find a nice place to stay, more on the high class side. I found Kronwell hotel with a special city break offer.
I thoroughly read their website and spent quite a few minutes on the phone with the reservations agent. They were extremely polite even when I kept asking a lot of details. The reservation process was efficient and simple.
The offer included a two nights stay + breakfast (continental) + full access to the spa. Please note that during my stay the massage, pool and fitness were not yet available and they explained this to me. I had access to the Finnish Sauna, Thalasso Salt cabin, Emotional shower, Steam-bath, Relaxing Area and Frigidarium. My choice to come stay at them was in full awareness of the situation regarding the spa.
As these are usually very important factors – here are the negative parts about my stay at this hotel:
1. Upon arrival there were no personnel to welcome us at the entrance and take our luggage from the car or park the car. When we got inside, the personnel greeted us and relieved us of our luggage. Still, we expected the entrance welcome for this type of hotel.
2. Regarding cleaning – it was done very good, but we noticed one thing: I prepared a tea for myself and dropped the tea bag on the bathroom floor by accident, being a fruit tea there was a red stain. After cleaning the stain was still there, this makes me believe that the bathroom floor was not washed. Besides this – the room was spotless, the bed was arranged, the drinking glasses cleaned, the dust (if any) removed, everything put in order like on the first day.
This is all I can say on the negative side. As you can see there is not much – for me.
I enjoyed an extremely pleasant stay and even requested an extra night – which they gave me at the same price of the city break special!
The room is very modern and luxurious. The bed is of very good quality – I enjoyed a good night’s sleep on the Serta mattress. The room is really sound-proof. Although the hotel was busy and there were a lot of people staying on the same level with me I did not hear any noise. The room had modern lighting solutions – all controlled via a nice dimmer-switch available on each side of the bed and at the entrance. Also the TV was a smart generation one with two remotes – a classic one and a keyboard one which I used to surf the internet via the TV. Also you got a connectors panel where you could connect your camera/phone/laptop/etc. to the TV.
They offer a very nice shower – it is surrounded by glass panels which let you take a shower while watching TV or enjoying the sunlight. Of course the toilet is in a separate, intimate room. For those who don’t like this idea – the aquarium type shower can be hid using the movable fancy wooden panels which hide the bathroom completely and you don’t even know about the glass shower.
I used the spa extensively after each day and that really made a difference in my stay. I would travel all day long, driving and hiking or sightseeing and get really tired by evening. They serve complimentary tea and fresh water in the relaxation room, which is a nice plus.
The room-service was perfect and quick and opened to adjust to my taste – when requested.
The restaurant was very nice and the waiters extremely polite and helpful. Still, the menu could use a little more variety.
The front desk personnel would respond to any request I might have had, even at early or late hours (like asking for a connector cable at 23.00).
The parking was free, with the possibility to go underground in a well-lit and ventilated space.
Please be aware that the hotel is not in the city centre, but near the train station. To the city centre by car – 10 minutes, by taxi – 10 minutes (not very expensive probably max. 10-15 RON, always ask for a receipt!!!), by bus – 20-25 minutes (ticket for 2-3 RON). It’s not that far away and you don’t get quality like this in the central hotels.
I had a pleasant stay and am waiting for their offer for New Year’s party 2013.
One last thing - when I stayed there, the tea in the room was not for free. They should offer complimentary tea to prepare at least one cup.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kronwell, the newest 4 star hotel in Brasov, offers 81 business & lifestyle luxurious rooms, a high-tech Conference Centre and with BELAQVA Thermarium equipped with a salt cabin, sauna,frigidarium, steam bath and emotional shower. In the Adagio Restaurant culinary delights and flavored drinks are served. Couchette Bistro has a style of its own, inviting you to enjoy healthy food. We want to suit every taste and occasion using fresh ingredients, products and "a la minute" home-made articles. Belaqva Spa and Wellness ,designed as a holistic approach meant to restore body, mind and soul,completes its concept with a 2000 sqm large wellness sanctuary: aerobics, spinning, beauty & therapy, top products & tailored services. State of the art fitness studio. Kronwell invites you to flood the large exercise area with energy. Technogym guarantees the latest equipment with quality support. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, HostelWorld, Despegar.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Kronwell Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.