“Clean , modern, fantastic location , and extremely friendly staff.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of mOdus Hotel

Save Saved
You added mOdus Hotel to your Saves list
mOdus Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   46 Stefan Stambolov Str, Varna 9000, Bulgaria   |
Ranked #1 of 59 hotels in Varna
“Clean , modern, fantastic location , and extremely friendly staff.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night with my wife before flying home to Dublin the next day, I recieved a free upgrade to a beautiful apartment, I have stayed in many hotels in many countries throughout the world and i can honestly say the friendlyness and reception we recieved was second to none. The hotel is small but the staff and attention to detail make up for it , cant wait to stay again.

• Stayed August 2013
DeyanKolev, General Manager at mOdus Hotel, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear Davie,

Thank you for taking the time to post this lovely review with regards to your recent stay at mOdus hotel! Our guests' satisfaction has always been our ultimate care. I'm very proud with my staff for being able to leave you with nothing less but positive experience and good memories!
Please consider visiting us again soon, we will be our true plaesure to heve you back at mOdus!

157 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Sofia, Bulgaria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

The Hotel is decent but would not call it a five star one. The rooms are spacious and view is great but there is nothing special and remembering for that hotel. Good thing is that it is quite close to the sea park

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
DeyanKolev, General Manager at mOdus Hotel, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear Georgi,

I gratefully welcome all points of view, shared here on TripAdvisor. I believe that this makes the site so important in terms of getting a honest and unbiased impression about any given property.
Perhaps we are not what you expected and that's perfectly OK, as we have never claimed 5 stars category or whatever doubtful standards they may promise according to the local requirements. I understand that there is no universal formula for everyone but I'm sure that we have found the right blend and this is by far concurred by hundreds of reviewing visitors. I only hope that the majority of our guests will continue choosing our hotel because they are able to recognize and would appreciate the attention to detail which we have implemented in place. So far we are being blessed with guests who have enjoyed our services and facilities and are happy to keep coming back time and time again. I do hope that you will be one of those guests and you will find that our hotel is very much worth staying at.

Regards,

Plymouth, Devon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Previous reviewers have identified a number of positive aspects to this property. It's also worth noting that the naval museum is nearby - in the same park that the hotel overlooks - and the Black Sea is very close by - should you wish to take a dip.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the good review! Thank you for the pictures too, we appreciate your efforts to emphasize on the little details that make us special. We hope to see you again soon and we hope that you will discover the full spectrum of our services!

Best regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on business for 3 nights. Location was lovely, beach and many restaurants in walking distance. Rooms are on the small side but well designed. Air conditioning was great, wi fi worked brilliantly with no password needed. Good shower room and tv at the foot if the bed. Breakfast was lovely and service was very good. The only bad point is that sometimes traffic noise was quite loud but it did not disturb my sleep.

• Stayed July 2013
DeyanKolev, General Manager at mOdus Hotel, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Nic,

Your review is so much appreciated and I'd like to thank you from the bottom of my heart for taking the time to post it here on TA! It is indeed very rewarding for all of us ho hear such good words from an experienced travellers, pointing not only to the positive side of their experience, but also to the areas where we need to improve. It the case with the sounds, coming from the street, there is a little that we can do but we have noted the issue and we did everything posiible to further improve our soundproofing at earliest convenience and to eliminate the impact of the urban noise which every major city on the coast has during the high season. I guess it's even in the nature of the things and as long as we do our part, we may assure our guests that their comfort is our utmost care and this will no longer be an issue!

Thank you again and please consider visiting us again!

Yours respectfully,

london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

It was my first trip to Varna, and I been told to expect faded grandeur, some great examples of Art Nouveau and Deco architecture mixed with some varying successful examples of 70's Communist buildings. What I hadn't expected was how green the city is, how many parks and how close the centre is to the sea. If more money was used more effectively this city could be a wonderful addition like Split in Croatia....so it was a great surprise to see a well run, well designed hotel with friendly staff and great service. Room was superb with great facilities and breakfast very good. Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
DeyanKolev, General Manager at mOdus Hotel, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear vanartus,

Thank you for sharing your experience with the travel community on TripAdvisor! It surely matters for all of us to know that your expectations have been exceeded and you are happy with your stay in Varna. Our city has a lot more to offer to its guests and I sicerely hope that you will consider visiting us again in the nearest future. If so, please feel welcome to stay with us again, it will be our pleasure to offer you our hospitality and we are very much looking forward to it!

Yours truly,

Munich, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

Purposely holding themselves down to 2 stars Modus proves less is more. Sleek modern minimalistic masculine design feels perfect for smaller spaces... classy places! By eliminating some of the unnecessary kitschy usual standards (thus dropping a couple of dimly lit stars)this refined Hotel is all a traveler needs.. great service perfect breakfast next to the park and 5 minutes to the beach! Costs a bit more but u will agree. Enjoy!

• Stayed June 2013
DeyanKolev, General Manager at mOdus Hotel, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear kasi0110,

Thank you for being so kind as to post such nice and motivating review with regard to your recent stay at mOdus hotel! We sincerely appreciate your decision to share your observations here on TripAdvisor in favour of the entire travelling comunity. Please consider visiting us again if you would undergo another adventure in Bulgaria, It was a real pleasure having you with us and we are anxiously looking forward to welcoming you again!

Yours truly,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

First class from the moment of walking through the door. I never stay in big hotels if I can avoid it, and this is exactly the reason this policy often pays off. Assistance to the room, which was much larger than I expected. High quality fittings and L'Occitane toiletries. I dined in on the first night - the Bistro is top-notch - there was simply no need to leave the hotel after my slightly tiring flights and late arrival.

Nothing too much trouble: I wanted to adjust the heating in my room and had trouble with the temperature resetting. Reception had it sorted whilst I was out. They also happily printed my boarding passes which I e-mailed from my room the night before my checkout - it's the little things that you remember but which make all the difference.

Bed very comfortable, room had double aspect (and a small balcony at the back - but not view to speak of). The double-glazing eliminated the traffic noise at the front. Complementary bottle of water every day - again, a nice touch.

Although I didn't, if you ring ahead by 45 minutes, they'll turn the sauna on for you. There's a small fitness room in the basement which I'd probably use during a longer winter stay, though the Sea Gardens are right opposite, and running there and on the beach would probably be preferable.

Breakfast was good. A sense of personal service that you don't get everywhere.

I hope to be back, probably this year!

Room Tip: Request an "apartment". There's one on each floor. 3 was mine, and was very good.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
DeyanKolev, General Manager at mOdus Hotel, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear James,

Thank you so much for choosing mOdus hotel for your stay! Your time and efforts to post such brilliant review are highly appreciated! I find it very rewarding to see your attention to detail put to work and actually seeing how it makes a huge difference. Can't stress enough on how important it is for us to receive such detailed and professional reviews, which depict the very essence of our service philosophy - providing the best service, suppoprted by smartly built facilities.
If you asked me why is the personal touch so important and why we gladly do anything for you, I'd proudly say: That's who we are and that's how we beleive it should be done!
It has been a pleasure having you! We truly look forward to your future stay with us!

Very respectfully,

mOdus hotel

Been to mOdus Hotel? Share your experiences!