“You get what you pay for... but we still paid too much” 2 of 5 stars

You added Days Inn Albion to your Saves list
Days Inn Albion
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   27644 C Drive North, I-94 Exit 121, Albion, MI 49224   |
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Albion
“You get what you pay for... but we still paid too much”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

My family and I stayed here while visiting some family in the area. The door to our room did not properly close or latch, the beds were uncomfortable and there was mold along the wall near the bath tub. Some of the towels left for us to use were also so stained I couldn't bring myself to use them. There was no stopper in the sink either. This caused us to lose the lid to our toothpaste. The staff was all very friendly, but that is about all that was nice about this place. I guess it is my fault for trying to save a buck. Next time we head up that way we will be sure to stay elsewhere.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Syracuse, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Where to begin. Booked adjoining rooms with brother in law. When we arrived on Thursday no one was there but us and they not only did not have us connected they had us on different floors and clerk didn't know how to fix it. Got only worse. No remote so girl brought ip 3 before we got one to work. Then after returning to our room on Friday discovered our room had not been cleaned or bed made. Housekeeper came up to inform us that they only clean rooms if requested??? Needed kleenex too. Came back and room was clean but no towels and kleenex. Went to desk and talked to the General Manager. She told me they had no more kleenex. Also dryer was broke so no towels. Couldn't call in repair guy or take towels to laundromat or buy some kleenex because she didn't have any authority to that and if she did she would get fired and she had 2 kids so would't do it. She gave that excuse at least 6 times during our conversation. Asked to speak to owners but she said they were out of country...which was a lie we later found out. Asked for a wake up call for 6:30 am and mu brother in law got a call at 2:30 am and I got mine at 3 am??? Tried to use 20 year old alarm clock but it was broken. The hair dryer was broken too. No toilet paper holder and had to beg for toilet paper. Air conditioning unit was disgustingly dirty and very noisy. No air in hallways so very stuffy and dirty. There is more but... When my brother in law checked out they had a question about their bill. Went to desk and we told girl that we had a question. Her response was "don' be offended but I don't give a sh......this place sucks" What a way to end our stay. We would have left but I prepaid through Hotels.com so couldn't leave. It is by far the worst place we have ever stayed and we have stayed all over the country and Europe. Days Inn should check this place out because it really gives them a bad name. HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE ruined our visit. Oh by the way the 20 year old tv barely worked and tv listing they gave us didn't match what was on. If it sounds like the hotel from From you know where it WAS!!!!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!!!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

At first glance I thought it was out of business because there were weeds all around the place. If they could get someone to mow it could help. We had a large room with a jacuzzi but didn't dare try it. The staff was friendly and tried to be helpful but no mention of breakfast being available -probably better that they concentrate on other things first anyway. Our coffee maker didn't work, there was no TV remote and I noticed brown spots on my pillow -mildew? Eeeuw. There don't seem to be many alternatives in this area though. The economy seems to have hit it hard.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
desiparrish, General Manager at Days Inn Albion, responded to this review, June 1, 2013
I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay more. We have taken measures to ensure the grounds are properly maintained by hiring a new grounds keeper. We also keep freshly made coffee available to guests 24/7 in case of. I do apologize for the coffee maker not working, it does happen and we typically are not made aware of the problem until a guest goes to use it. Our jacuzzi rooms are tested weekly to maintain their working order and also cleaned properly by running the needed cleaning agents through the filtration system to ensure they are germ free.

Hope in the future you will give us another try and let us show you how we have implemented the necessary changes to ensure our guests have a memorable stay. -Desiree Parrish - General Manager
Washington, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

I stayed at the Days Inn the front desk people were great. I checked in a 4pm the young lady working the front desk was very helpful and very polite to me. the bed in my room was so soft I loved it I sleep like a baby. Later on that night I left to go grab some food when I returned there were new people at the front desk. They ROCKED very nice and said good evening as soon as I walked in the door. The hotel was clean and smelled nice. I didn't get a chance to go swimming but I plan on staying again soon so I will take a dip in the pool then. I did ask for a wake up call which I got. I made my way down to the breakfast area and had cereal its a free breakfast so I wasn't expecting anything fancy but cereal is alright with me. 90% of the time it is hard to find good customer service like I received here I would most gladly recomened them to anyone and I wish them the best of luck with the renovations and hope they get everything done they deserve.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Wyoming,MI
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

This is a less than desirable place to stay, it was at least dry and warm. stayed here counting on the continental breakfast which consisted of 5 pieces of wheat bread, 3 packets of instant oatmeal, one apple, super watered down waffle mix, half gallon of milk, pulp in the bottom of a carafe, and 2 bagels.( maybe we missed the morning rush since it was 630 am. they did open at 6 am.) the front desk said that i could go buy batteries for the remote in the dispenser but they are pretty high priced so the gas station may be cheaped.( their TV remote!). I could go on, but its hard to read long bad reviews so ill keep mine short. Basically its a run down hotel with very bad management. The desk staff were super nice and apologized for everything. One guy told me he was going on 24 hours this shift after i saw him in the evening and the next morning. What kind of company over works their employees and doesn't give them any control or resources to take care of their guests. I would recommend staying in battle creek if you need to do anything in albion mi.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

First I will say I. Stay in a lot of hotels my husband works out of town all over the state. I called this hotel Sunday around 10 am n asked if they had a pool they said ya n we have a fitness room 2. I was glad 2 hear it my 2 yr old love swimming. I got to the room @ 12 after I payed 4 the room they informed me that the pool was closed do 2 it needin a part 4 the heater they said it would b workin by tues. Then they tell me the fitness room is closed 2. I was there 4 a week n the pool is still nt workin. They put us in 1 room n after we hauled everything up 2 this room they said they messed up n had 2 move us. We moved 2 another room this room was very used iron burns in the carpet nt bad just nt as nice as the first room. I didn't mind I did have a dog so understand they want u in the older rooms. My 2yr old is potty trainin n fell off of the toilet cuz the seat was busted they had 2 come fix it. We were 2 far away from the front dest 2 pick up internet service n the cable was ntn but fuzz. I had 2 go 2 the front dest 2 get a new key 20 or more times. On Tuesday I was putting garbage out of the door the door shut n once again my key wasn't workin but this time my 2yr old was in the tub. I called the front desk 2 c if someone could come unlock my door n she told me she couldn't cuz she had custemers WTF did u nt hear I have a 2 yr old in the tub. The guy 2 doors down heard me tryin 2 get my kid 2 open the door n he went n found someone 2 open it. I continued puttin garbage bags outside of the room n on Thursday I went down n got clean beddin I put the old bedding ouside the door also. I just left there 2day Sunday n all the garbage n the bedding is still settin outside of the door. I'm nt 1 2 complaine but really this was rediculus. It took 3days 2 get them 2 give me a coffee pot n wen I asked 4 a fridge n micro they said they didn't have any but wen I went past the laundry room were they finally got me a coffee pot I saw 3 micro n fridges sittin there they r just 2 lazy 2 bring me up 1. I would never stay here I spent 225$ @ this room n it wasn't worth 125$ just thought I would share this with u b4 .u go waste ur $ here

• Stayed April 2013
desiparrish, General Manager at Days Inn Albion, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
I am very sorry you were not satisfied with your stay. Yes, the pool was down because a part for the heater did malfunction and was in the process of being replaced, it was not a part we could go buy, it had to be ordered. Once it was installed the Health Dept has to come check to make sure it's functioning properly before we can allow the public to use it. The fitness room was not down, it was accessible, as I do have guests use it regularly, there is caution tape to warn of the water leak from our roof, which is in the process of being repaired.

The hotel has just gone under new management in the last 30 days and I am working to change the things that need to be changed. Perhaps in the future if you choose to stay with us again, you will see all the changes we have made and are continuing to make. We strive for the best and that is our goal, to get the hotel back up and be the pride and joy to Albion it once was.
Muskegon, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

by far this is the only hotel I have ever stayed in with a friendly front desk staff I have stayed here numerous times to find no matter when I come in there is a AWSOME front desk staff usually men which you would think wouldn't be as courteous and caring but infact are and will help you in any way possible with any problem that you incur during your stay with them, I recently just stayed again with my kids and was pleased to see most of the same front desk staff Brandon, mike, & Darrell and was pleased to see they are still all working hard to keep the guests happy this is something you don't see anymore, lots of places sell good products but few sell great customer service anymore... needless to say I will be staying there in the future, the hotel also was clean I did not find any reason to complain other than a sticky door in the hallway anything I needed they were there to assist, I even was able to take my kids swimming after I checked out thank you mike they had fun today. we look forward to the next visit.

Room Tip: rooms near lobby are quicker to get to the pool, vending, lobby its a big place!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Days Inn Albion? Share your experiences!