“Wasted an hour of my life” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #85 of 92 Restaurants in Sevastopol
Cuisines: Ukrainian
Sevastopol, Ukraine
“Wasted an hour of my life”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Having passed this place on the way to Yalta a few time I thought is was worth a visit as it is in a lovely setting on top of a knoll overlooking the Balaclava vinyards. I took my Wife, daughter and mother in law for lunch on International womans day of which is a big thing in Ukraine.
On enetring I was surprised as it was warm as most places here skimp on the heating due to costs. The room was nice and clean and the tables were set ok with clean cutlery and glasses.
We ordered drinks, myself a coffee and my wife and daughter some cocktails. We then went through the menu which became a game of what is actually on the menu as each item we asked for we were told sorry we dont have it, not we have run out we just dont have it. I finally was told they do have veal steak so i ordered it to come with creamy mushrom sauce and a side of mashed potato.
My coffee arrived and i am sure they had forgotten to turn the machine on as it was cold. after about 20 mins my wife asked where were the rest of the drinks to be answered we dont have what you want. Nobody thought to come and tell us they just didnt bring any so a further game of what do you have was played.

Finaly after 50 mins and the place was not busy only my plate arrived minus sauce and potatos and when asked every one shugged and ignored it. On tasting the steak it was tender but stone cold. Even if it had been cooked the second I had ordered it it could not possibly be that cold. (forgive my ignorence) it it was supposed to be seved cold and was pre cooked how come it took 50 mins to serve it when only the 4 of us were eating as nobody else in the place was. On questioning it the staff just said we will re cook it or we can gover it with some sauce (what about the sauce ordered with it in the first place?) as the other 3 meals we had ordered were not even ready yet we paid for the drinks and just left and nobody seemed to care. This was by far my worst Ukraine dining experience ever. I would recommend just drive on by and dont be seduced by the looks which is a shame. Even if I had cought them on a bad day or it was all new staff I dont see how service can be this bad.

• Visited March 2013