“old charm” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Yugoslavian
Novi Sad, Serbia
“old charm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

This place is one of the landmarks of Novi Sad. my family lives here for generations and my grandmother used to come here in the beginning of the 20th century. These days it offers friendly atmosphere, good food, and its a real nice place to have a break as a tourist or a local.

Visited December 2012

Athens, Attiki, Greece
“Disappointing story”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I had found "Atina" restaurant from here, trip advisor. I visited it with my girlfriend at 29 of December. First of all, the location is ideal but, if you searching for food better avoid Atina. My story: We got in and the store was full. A very kind waiter took us from there to an under floor which was almost empty (that's not bad for me). Now, we're ordering (no starters, 2 entree and one salad) and we're waiting about 40 mins to get served. They brought the salad along with the entrees which is FAIL totally. But what brought us to our limits (and im giving bad review) was the bill. When we asked to pay they brought us a bill which the total amount wasn't corresponding to what we ordered (in total). Almost 2000 dinars more actually. We ask the guy that brought it and he told us the amazing and unforgettable "we changed the prices lately. The menus and the cashier have the old prices but the total amount on the receive is giving result with new prices" (!!!) We asked him why he gave us the menu with old prices and he said that they don't have print new yet. We got very disappointed by that and we never came back to "Atina". And never will...
In conclusion: The food was average. The customer service awful. The waiter tho was very kind and helpful but the whole thing was disappointing.

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Zagreb, Croatia
“Great place in the very heart of the city”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Atina is a coffee shop, pastry shop and restaurant all in one.
It is situated in the city center just beside the roman catholic church, so it is easy to find.
Place is large and spacious, nicely furnished, atmosphere is cozy and friendly.
Atina has a great offer of different juices, also natural juices from fresh fruit and vegetables, coffees, and teas as well as really great pies and cakes, as well as ice-cream.
It offers breakfast from 8 to 11 a.m., including different sandwiches, omlets, and four national breakfasts, american, viennese, english and local breakfast.
It also offers lunch and dinner.
I tried a few different cakes that were really excellent.
I didn't eat any of the food but it looked nice when other people ordered.
Prices are affordable. Stuff is quick and friendly.
Every evening there is live music (acoustic guitars) - this weekend we listende two young guys playing and singing and they were really great.
There are great places in the city center, but Atina was my favourite this weekend.
If you are in Novi Sad visit Atina and you will return again as we did.

• Visited November 2012