“Safe bet” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #36 of 214 Restaurants in Lviv
Cuisines: Eastern European
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: This is a relatively new restaurant in L'viv, located in a beautifully repaired, quaint courtyard
Nuremberg, Germany
“Safe bet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

We as a team love this restaurant. Several times we have been in Lviv and the group agrees if we want to have a good dinner to go back to Mons Pius. It's our safe bet when we are tired of searching for something new.

Personally I like the atmosphere of the place as it feels very authentic. As I am mostly in Lviv during colder months I enjoy sitting inside. Did not had the chance to visit the outside area during the summer but it looks promising.

Service is as usual in Europe not comparably to America. You need to raise your voice and you get served. Regards to that the people also don't expect a huge tip. Usually we are entering the restaurant during business days at dinner time and always get served well. Hence I cannot let you know how it feels over the weekend.

During my stays I had the pepper steak, filet and T-bone. All three steaks were great and our reason to come back.

We loved during our last visit the Cabernet wine from Black Sea. Typically as a group the people enjoy the self made beer.

I am sure during every business trip to Lviv we will be here at least once. This is really one of my favorite restaurants.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
“Reviews and place overrated!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Went here a slow saturday around lunch time - we ordered a salat and a I a burger. After waiting an hour for a simple burger I cancelled the order as it was insane and other tables were able to get their deep fried dishes - apparently a burger is too complicated for this place. If you are looking to have some deepfried frozen food then this place might be nice - if you are looking for actual food and service thus place is not it! And btw waited another 20 minutes to het the check and had to talk to the manager for them not to just keep the change. This is a true rip-off place!!

Budapest, Hungary
“Food to Moan Over”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Again, I am amazed to read negative reviews of this fantastic place. My dinner was pretty near perfect. I was there around 7 PM on a Saturday night, the restaurant was nowhere near filled. I was seated as soon as I asked to be (after having a signature beer at the minuscule bar) and joined a few other diners in the large open-space dining area, reminiscent of an old English country house. Dark wood, ceiling beams, pictures of old retainers on the walls, the works. Service was speedy and appropriate. Ordered my beer and appetizer, which were brought quickly. The Mons Pius beer is a nice compliment to the various meats on the menu. The "garlic toast" appetizer was almost like grenkiy in St. Petersburg; the other diners stared at me as I moaned my gustatory pleasure. My rib-eye steak when it came (right on time) was nicely scorched on the outside and medium on the inside - just as ordered. It seemed to be around 300 grams; I didn't recall ordering one that size, but it turned out it too was just right. The accompanying fried veggies were also nicely done. At a price of around 240 UAH for two beers, appetizer, steak and veggies, (around $30 US!), it's a bargain you shouldn't miss. I'm sorry some people had bad experiences at Mons Pius, but mine was sublime. Highly recommended.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Giv'atayim, Israel
“Good place and location,poor food.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

We came without reservation.After we performed an order the waiteress told us that 2 of 5 dishes are not present!
We waited an hour for an order to arrive.
After that we got fillet well done instead of meddium.After we asked to recook, we got it burned a little and not tasty at all.
DISSAPOINTMENT!

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Sydney, Australia
“Nice location, lousy food, surly service and excruciatingly slow.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

We had a booking for 7 at 7pm. The food took an hour and a half to arrive. The waiting staff were rude and indifferent. The food itself was at best described as ordinary. I and three others had the sausages with grapes. The portions were microscopic. On the plus side, the courtyard setting looked very nice. Inside is a bit of a past-its-prime Vincent Price movie set, all dark furniture, poor lighting and naff portraits on the wall next to shelves full of jars of dubious pickled objects.

There are plenty of places with better food in L'viv.

• Visited September 2013