Hotel Jakov is one of 5 hotels of Solaris resort and is situated at the east side of resort. It is surrounded by nice gardens with plenty of palm-, olive-, pine- and rosetrees. The hotel has 2 pools: one for adults with max. depth of 110 cm (I know, pretty pigmaeic proportions), and the other for children with max.depth of 48 cm, both well-cleaned and maintained. Rooms are good and regularly cleaned. Food is varied, but quality is just OK: not so bad, not so good. Staff is nice and polite.
Beach that is just in front of hotel is not the place you want to spend your vacation, but just 2 minutes walk from there you have nice Family beach. There are lot of opportunities to have fun in resort, for children and adults.
Lacks of this hotels are:
1. Rooms don't have balconies
2. Complete animation program in hotel is for French tourists
That's the story of hotel Jakov. But I have to say a word about complete resort. After couple of days here in Solaris, you get an impression that they want to squeeze out every cent of you. For example,they charge you 2 Euros per day for parking that is reserved only for hotel guests, so you have to ask yourself: what's the point? Isn't hotel parking for hotel guests? Why pay something that naturally belongs to you?
That's the smallest problem. Prices of food and drinks in restaurants, hotel bars etc. are pretty high: about 30% higher than rest of Croatia. There are few beach shops, but their prices are high too. All beaches are covered with sunbeds and they are charged 6,5 Euros per day. You can see what majority of guests thinks about it when only 20-30% of sunbeds are filled, and the other tourist are lying on their own towels and chairs.
All in all, this is nice, clean, well maintained,full-of-action resort, but prepare your wallets to be devastated :-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Solaris Beach hotel Jakov is situated in the family part of the Resort. Comfortable and simple interior, experienced and kind personnel will make your vacation unique. It is situated only a few steps from the sea and the spacious family beach. With the vicinity of the first Aqua park in Dalmatia, rich children's animation program, kids town, Wellness & Spa Mediterranean garden, sport facilities, restaurants and bars, it is an ideal place for relaxation, with the scent of pine trees and herbs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Despegar.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Solaris Beach Hotel Jakov reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.