“Good little place” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #40 of 97 restaurants in Zadar
Cuisines: Croatian
Description: It's in the old part of Zadar, a bit hidden from the main street.
Description: It's in the old part of Zadar, a bit hidden from the main street.
Grimbergen, Belgium
“Good little place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

We were here on a tour and took a light lunch in this place: just pizza's and the like.
It went all fine, fast service, terrace outside, no tourist trap. Good value.
Good for a quick bite and maybe more, but which we did not try.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

78% Recommend
Rijeka, Croatia
“Hidden from the crowd”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

In a trip with our friend we tried to eat some traditional dalmatian cousine. The 'broudet' wich was staded as the daily special was gone till 3pm when we arrieved. So ordered fried squid and salads which were ok but the portions were small. The terase we eat on is hidden from the main street but we were the only guests there what was suspicious. The prices are a bit high for what you get.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
vejle
“Great place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

We have been seated in a nice outdoor patio. It was a quiet place, with not so many tourists.
The food was great, you won't be dissapointed :)
We came back the next day with some more friends to try something different, and the food was as good as during the first time. Especially the sea-food is worth to reccomend -just perfect!
The price is also very pleasant (f.ex. a big plate of mussels - 40kn, a grilled squid - 90kn)

I will come back :)

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Widnes
“hidden gem in zadar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

Very good experience the previous review sums it up nicely. Friendly staff reasonable prices very good food and a good range of tasty options.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sliven, Bulgaria
“Cute and tasty place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

Came here with some friends. It was the first restaurant we tried in Zadar, and I loved it. We were actually looking for "Krigil", because the owner of the apartment we were staying at, recommended it, but that turned out to be just a brewery. So we went to this place, which was hidden away a bit down an alley away from the busier areas. There weren't that many people, except a couple, sharing the meat platter, which smelled amazing. The waitress came out, and she was very cute and kind. Me and my friends live in Bulgaria, and had learned that Croatians have different types of rakia aka Balkan Brandy. The waitress helped us pick out Tvaridica, which is a herbal rakia, and it was tasty. Something probably good for a cold. I ordered a seafood pasta, that had shrimp, clams, and cuttlefish, and I really enjoyed it. The sauce was light, but still tasty, and also became a great dipping sauce for the bread that was on the table. My friends ordered salad and soups, which they liked as well. And some old 90s American music was playing in the background, which was very comforting. At the end of our meal, the waitress gave me and my friends a free round of plum rakia. I really can't complain about this place. Overall a great experience. I'm really glad that we found this place by chance.

Oh and I just learned that the restaurant's name translates to “I love it here!”, which was exactly how I was feeling. It was a perfect start to our trip to Zadar.

• Visited April 2012