“An absolute must” 5 of 5 stars

Liburnska Obala 6, Zadar 23000, Croatia
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 120 Restaurants in Zadar
Good for: Local cuisine, Entertaining clients, Doing business, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Melbourne
“An absolute must”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

Best meal I have ever had, and the service is impeccable. All this and reasonably priced. I highly recommend the stuffed sea bass, but I think that anything you ordered here would be good. They provided us with a complimentary tuna pate, coffee and biscuits after the meal, and some maraskino. We were only in Zadar for three nights and ate here twice because it was so good.

• Visited May 2014

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Barnsley, United Kingdom
“Don't miss this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

This is probably one of THE best meals I've ever had in a restaurant (and I've had a few being an ex hotel manager). From the unexpected but very welcome amuse bouche (tuna pate) served with gorgeous (free) bread, to the scallops (mmm), pasta dish with dalmation ham to the stuffed sea bass & pistachio dessert every part of the meal was delicious, subtly flavoured, flawlessly seasoned perfection, I'm drooling as I type this. Good house wine & don't miss trying Maraschino (traditional cherry liquer) with coffee, all for a very reasonable price - think it was around 400hrk - which translates to around £43 including tip - unbelievable. Special mention to the very professional (but not at all stuffy) waiters - excellent work.
I believe it gets very busy, so best to book if you are wanting to go at a popular time - we wandered in during a heavy rainstorm around 3pm on a Saturday & it was still quite busy then.
Deserves to be number 1 in Zadar for sure.

• Visited May 2014
“Excellent !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

It was our first restaurant in zadar, we went there thx to trip advisor and we didn't regret!
Very classy and not expensive, we took 2 beers (the big ones) , one apetizers each and one dish each. The soup was good and the carpaccio de calamar as well.
Then it was risotto sea food and calamar very excellent !!!
We had also a "mise en bouche" for free with bread!
Go there if you go in Zadar

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Amazing food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

Kudos to the owner, the restaurant is nothing like anywhere I've been before. The service is amazing, we got to know Antonio, and the food is of such a high quality. They were even as kind as to give us free dessert wine and desserts. Amazing bunch. Thanks to them! Do yourself a favour and go.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Manchester, UK
“New chef... And delicious food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

Called in this restaurant on 18th April 2014 on a long Easter break. Friendly staff and the restaurant owner made us feel very welcome. They have a new chef and they proceeded to cook me and my wife fresh fish and a steak. Superb!.
I have eaten many times in this region but i was very surprised at the qualtiy. Thanks to all at the restaurant and a special mention to the chef who is a credit to the place.